View Poll Results: Should the school have banned the reading of the prayer by the student?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 27.27%
  • No

    75 68.18%
  • Undecided

    5 4.55%
Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1269

Thread: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

  1. #401
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yes you can worship and yes you are secure in your person

    schools have already lost those battles
    are you saying that hold a worship service on a school without permission from the school?.....or be a suspect to a crime at a school , and be exempt from a search?

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Who would think someone reciting the Lord's Prayer would be considered almost like a "rebel" though. How ironic.

  3. #403
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The public's...
    then why can you not then exercise a right to a firearm on the school if its the public's.

    public institutions can bar exercisable rights if they chose, we see this with many cases.

    my wife's bugging me, now to get off the mac..have to go!

  4. #404
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    1.)are you saying that hold a worship service on a school without permission from the school?....
    2.).or be a suspect to a crime at a school , and be exempt from a search?
    LOL no because thats not what you said why are you trying to be dishonest and change it up


    1.)worship can in fact be done in the school and there was recent court cases/drama over Muslims doing it in school since thier religion has multiple pryer times and school had to allow thier own personal worship but of course they couldnt just take over a room and start preaching to everyone

    2.) if you are suspect of a crime anywhere you could be subject to a basic search and here in PA they call the COPS to do it if its a crime. But in general NO they cant search you for no reason so you are in fact secure in your person.

    maybe next time if you are going to try and reframe and move the goal post ask honest specific questions lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #405
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Why can't we all just call it what it is? Certain people are crying because a kid said a culturally relevant and very harmless prayer. The school banned prayer because it was the politically correct thing to do.

    Personal interjection: It's sad that we have come to this, maybe we should all have the same hair cut and wear the same exact thing as everybody else so that no one is offended?
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  6. #406
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then why can you not then exercise a right to a firearm on the school if its the public's.

    public institutions can bar exercisable rights if they chose, we see this with many cases.

    my wife's bugging me, now to get off the mac..have to go!
    Seeing it doesn't make it right...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #407
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL no because thats not what you said why are you trying to be dishonest and change it up


    1.)worship can in fact be done in the school and there was recent court cases/drama over Muslims doing it in school since thier religion has multiple pryer times and school had to allow thier own personal worship but of course they couldnt just take over a room and start preaching to everyone

    2.) if you are suspect of a crime anywhere you could be subject to a basic search and here in PA they call the COPS to do it if its a crime. But in general NO they cant search you for no reason so you are in fact secure in your person.

    maybe next time if you are going to try and reframe and move the goal post ask honest specific questions lol
    why do you always thinks i trying to get over on you, i am not just asking straight forwards question.........crap! wife bugging me again...got to go!

  8. #408
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    one of the easiest ways to understand this problem and solve it, is to ask this question...................."who's property is this taking place on"?
    Answer the easy question of "who in the heck was harmed whatsoever?"
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  9. #409
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,918
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no i pointer out your misunderstanding
    and thats only your OPINION, something like that can not be determined by you

    also note some of the cases you brought up agrees with me and disagrees with you

    Whatever you say.
    Last edited by Jack Hays; 06-06-13 at 10:47 PM.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #410
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    are you saying that hold a worship service on a school without permission from the school?.....or be a suspect to a crime at a school , and be exempt from a search?
    Free Speech so long as it isn't advocating an illegal behavior or its purpose to incite hate, or cause turmoil, is universal, doesn't matter where you are.
    Prayer doesn't fall under any of these exemptions.

    Don't like prayer? Do like the majority of people do. Day dream.

Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •