View Poll Results: Should the school have banned the reading of the prayer by the student?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 27.27%
  • No

    75 68.18%
  • Undecided

    5 4.55%
Page 108 of 127 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1269

Thread: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

  1. #1071
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    No. My point was the opposite. On the basis of the short video no one can know. I'm not the one making claims. I'm just pointing out that claims without evidence are prejudice.
    And I fall victim to not reading all 107 pages.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  2. #1072
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Liberty High valedictorian's speech causes stir - FOX Carolina 21

    Do you think the school was right to ban this in the first place? Why or why not?
    No they do not have a right to. They have no right to restrict a students free speech or that student from espousing those beliefs. They only have an obligation to not espouse it themselves.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #1073
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    108 pages and the basic facts havent changed

    The school has every right to censor, limit or not allow a privileged speech that is given at a school function.

    now with that said people can debate thier opinions all they want about whether the kid did a good thing, bad thing etc etc but if the facts wont change.

    also there is still ZERO proof the school censored anything.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1074
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It's very likely you know nothing about the depth of the young man's theological knowledge. If that's the case then your post is just an expression of prejudice.
    lol....It doesn't require knowing the depth of his theological knowledge to see by his actions that he knows very little about the man he claims to worship. The fact that he felt the need to make a scene at the graduation by praying in public shows that he is exactly the type of Pharisee that Christ was talking about. The fact that he thinks that you can lie and be "Christian" at the same time shows that he doesn't understand that Christ would not support such activity.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1075
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Deception is never good.

  6. #1076
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    lol....It doesn't require knowing the depth of his theological knowledge to see by his actions that he knows very little about the man he claims to worship. The fact that he felt the need to make a scene at the graduation by praying in public shows that he is exactly the type of Pharisee that Christ was talking about. The fact that he thinks that you can lie and be "Christian" at the same time shows that he doesn't understand that Christ would not support such activity.
    That's a lot of prejudice and unexamined assumptions for one post.
    "Here I stand. I can do no other."-- Martin Luther before the Diet of Worms, 1521
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #1077
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    That's a lot of prejudice and unexamined assumptions for one post.
    "Here I stand. I can do no other."-- Martin Luther before the Diet of Worms, 1521
    Not really....not if you've read the Bible and understand it. One of the main teachings that Christ taught us both through example and words is that it more important to be spiritual in your heart than it is to stand before a crowd so that you can proclaim your holiness to the masses. Christ talked about the hypocrites who stand and pray in a crowd so that others may see them. This kid is the perfect example of the hypocrites that Christ spoke of. When this kid lied to the school he lied to his god. A lie is a lie no matter how you try to justify it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #1078
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not really....not if you've read the Bible and understand it. One of the main teachings that Christ taught us both through example and words is that it more important to be spiritual in your heart than it is to stand before a crowd so that you can proclaim your holiness to the masses. Christ talked about the hypocrites who stand and pray in a crowd so that others may see them. This kid is the perfect example of the hypocrites that Christ spoke of. When this kid lied to the school he lied to his god. A lie is a lie no matter how you try to justify it.
    That has been a subject of contention since Augustine. And I recall something about not judging . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #1079
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    108 pages and the basic facts havent changed

    The school has every right to censor, limit or not allow a privileged speech that is given at a school function.

    now with that said people can debate thier opinions all they want about whether the kid did a good thing, bad thing etc etc but if the facts wont change.

    also there is still ZERO proof the school censored anything.
    ....or is taking any action against the student.

  10. #1080
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Valedictorian Defies School District and Recites Lord's Prayer [W:618]

    I'm just happy to see this kid get away with trolling the libtards into histeria. A prayer was recited over loudspeaker at a public school event in direct protest to utterly stupid libtard rules and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

    In your ****ing face!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •