View Poll Results: Would you vote for someone not in the main stream of politics

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 55.26%
  • No

    9 23.68%
  • The Country needs someone other then R or D

    14 36.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Jesse Ventura in 2016

  1. #11
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    01-19-14 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    459

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    It would make change from the subverted special interest politics that goes on at the moment.
    He even recognises that Democrats and Republicans are near enough the same animal when it gets to the top.

    He'd never get to the top anyway and if he did you can bet he would end up like JFK.

    A useful protest vote

  2. #12
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Perhaps not Jesse Ventura but someone not attached to either party that is not owned by big business.
    I don't think Howard Strern would be a good choice as VP.

    Ventura Dangles Idea of 2016 Presidential Bid - ABC News

    Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is back from his part-time home in Mexico and eagerly spreading the idea he could run for the U.S. presidency in 2016.





    Not going to happen.

    Jesse Ventura (Or someone like him.) might have got elected governor, but he'll never occupy the White House.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Perhaps not Jesse Ventura but someone not attached to either party that is not owned by big business.
    I don't think Howard Strern would be a good choice as VP.

    Ventura Dangles Idea of 2016 Presidential Bid - ABC News

    Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is back from his part-time home in Mexico and eagerly spreading the idea he could run for the U.S. presidency in 2016.
    No way would I vote for Jesse Ventura. He is a conspiracy theorist and a little nuts, not to mention not NEARLY intelligent enough IMO. I don't think he is presidential material at ALL.

    Would like to see a valid candidate run that wasn't an R or a D though. The two-party system is a reason why we can't ever get anything productive accomplished.

  4. #14
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Evening Chris....do you have anyone in mind that you'd like to see run? Do you like Rand Paul, kind of a Libertarian Republican?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No way would I vote for Jesse Ventura. He is a conspiracy theorist and a little nuts, not to mention not NEARLY intelligent enough IMO. I don't think he is presidential material at ALL.

    Would like to see a valid candidate run that wasn't an R or a D though. The two-party system is a reason why we can't ever get anything productive accomplished.

  5. #15
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    America will never vote for someone "competent" as a leader of a third party. Just the few comments here and the premise of the OP tells you that celebrity and the unusual is what titilates the average American's interest. Aren't you tired by now of idiotic incompetence in the Oval Office? Get real - you're country has big problems to solve.

    What's next, Kim and Kanye on the Hollywood ticket?
    Actors and singers and athletes, you're right- celebrity is it's own reference for qualification. Get ready for a VP candidate named Kardashian.
    On a more serious note in the same tune, I wonder which party Oprah Winfrey will announce with?

  6. #16
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,177

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Actors and singers and athletes, you're right- celebrity is it's own reference for qualification. Get ready for a VP candidate named Kardashian.
    On a more serious note in the same tune, I wonder which party Oprah Winfrey will announce with?
    Don't be surprised if she and Obama start up a new party - she has the cash and he has the ego.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Evening Chris....do you have anyone in mind that you'd like to see run? Do you like Rand Paul, kind of a Libertarian Republican?
    Hi JC! I'm not sure who I'd like to see run. I really can't think of one politician that I really like. As far as RP, I don't really know a lot about him. I know more about his father, and I think some of his ideas are a little bit whacked. I'm hoping someone new who will blow my mind will come forward!

    Lol! As if!

  8. #18
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No way would I vote for Jesse Ventura. He is a conspiracy theorist and a little nuts, not to mention not NEARLY intelligent enough IMO. I don't think he is presidential material at ALL.

    Would like to see a valid candidate run that wasn't an R or a D though. The two-party system is a reason why we can't ever get anything productive accomplished.
    Something to be said for the multi-party parliamentary system but it can be frustrating when a minority government can't get anything accomplished. You want strong, positive action, elect a dictator for a set term.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Something to be said for the multi-party parliamentary system but it can be frustrating when a minority government can't get anything accomplished. You want strong, positive action, elect a dictator for a set term.
    A dictator?

  10. #20
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Jesse Ventura in 2016

    Yeah, don't hold your breath

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Hi JC! I'm not sure who I'd like to see run. I really can't think of one politician that I really like. As far as RP, I don't really know a lot about him. I know more about his father, and I think some of his ideas are a little bit whacked. I'm hoping someone new who will blow my mind will come forward!

    Lol! As if!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •