View Poll Results: Do you support the death penalty for voter fraud?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Democrat and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    0 0%
  • I'm a Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud

    3 3.09%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    6 6.19%
  • I'm a Democrat and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    18 18.56%
  • I'm a Republican and disapprove of the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    12 12.37%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    58 59.79%
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 282

Thread: Death penalty for voter fraud

  1. #81
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    There were MANY more pages of links of those FOUND GUILTY.

    I'm certain MANY more never charged ARE guilty.


    I think even ONE case of vote fraud is one too many.

    I would discourage it in the most SEVERE manner!
    Sure just like one plane crash or one terrorist attack is too many but what are you going to do? Increase the cost of plane travel to 1,000 dollars a ticket to ensure there's never a crash, create a police state to completely wipe out the chance of a terrorist attack....or lock down voting severly and create tons of hoops to stop any sort of voter fraud from occurring? I'd like to point out that a woman voting twice in an election where Obama won by millions of votes is not nearly as big of a deal as the two things I mentioned.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  2. #82
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,375

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So your pious concern for voter fraud is because of Cambodia. got it.
    I'll leave the piety to you, but because you have consistently stated that you are not aware of any SIGNIFICANT voter fraud I know that you are OK with having SOME voter fraud. After all, it isn't important to you.

  3. #83
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I'll leave the piety to you, but because you have consistently stated that you are not aware of any SIGNIFICANT voter fraud I know that you are OK with having SOME voter fraud. After all, it isn't important to you.
    You thin ID's will stop voter fraud dead in it's tracks?!?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I'll leave the piety to you, but because you have consistently stated that you are not aware of any SIGNIFICANT voter fraud I know that you are OK with having SOME voter fraud. After all, it isn't important to you.
    By all means, do indeed present your evidence that you so far have been woefully impotent to locate - let alone present here. But better late than never it would seem.

    Lets see it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #85
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,375

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You thin ID's will stop voter fraud dead in it's tracks?!?
    No, I don't thin that. The topic is penalties for voter fraud, hit up someone else to argue with about voter ID.

  6. #86
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,375

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    By all means, do indeed present your evidence that you so far have been woefully impotent to locate - let alone present here. But better late than never it would seem.

    Lets see it.
    Nothing to prove, you acknowledge that there is some voter fraud and you have presented no sense of what amount of voter fraud you would consider to be significant. Doesn't really leave a practical basis for discussion. As for impotency, don't project your issues on to me.

  7. #87
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    No, I don't thin that. The topic is penalties for voter fraud, hit up someone else to argue with about voter ID.
    What I was trying to point out is that any sane individual will admit that there can never be 100% compliance with any law. Saying "significant voter fraud" just recognizes that simple fact. Anyone claiming zero voter fraud is really ignorant of the relationship between laws and the populace.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Nothing to prove, you acknowledge that there is some voter fraud and you have presented no sense of what amount of voter fraud you would consider to be significant. Doesn't really leave a practical basis for discussion. As for impotency, don't project your issues on to me.
    What you need to prove is that voter fraud is a problem that anybody outside of the far right wing with their own political agenda should actually care about.

    Your reply shows beyond any doubt that you cannot do so and are impotent to do so.

    There are lots of imperfections in society. We do not obsess about most of them and raise them to the level of a problem for society and government that demands some sort of action.

    So show us that we should give a damn about your issue.

    Your continual refusal to do so speaks volumes that could fill the largest library in the world with your inabilities to back up your claims.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #89
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What you need to prove is that voter fraud is a problem that anybody outside of the far right wing with their own political agenda should actually care about.

    Your reply shows beyond any doubt that you cannot do so and are impotent to do so.

    There are lots of imperfections in society. We do not obsess about most of them and raise them to the level of a problem for society and government that demands some sort of action.

    So show us that we should give a damn about your issue.

    Your continual refusal to do so speaks volumes that could fill the largest library in the world with your inabilities to back up your claims.
    Not surprised you"don't care" about voter fraud.

    I AM surprised you don't outright SUPPORT voter fraud, and maybe you DO, in less public arenas.

    Voter IDs are in effect and will be required in 33 states in the 2014 election.

    We will see if they are at all effective.

    I expect MORE states to require them in 2016.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,792

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Not surprised you"don't care" about voter fraud.

    .
    Convince me with verifiable evidence that there is such a problem which warrants our national concern and action.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •