View Poll Results: Do you support the death penalty for voter fraud?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Democrat and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    0 0%
  • I'm a Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud

    3 3.09%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    6 6.19%
  • I'm a Democrat and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    18 18.56%
  • I'm a Republican and disapprove of the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    12 12.37%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    58 59.79%
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 282

Thread: Death penalty for voter fraud

  1. #51
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    I think our current laws work very well. What was there? I think 13 in the entire state of Ohio last time, and almost all of them were voting where they used to live or some other honest mistake.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,840

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    That is a circular argument, particularly within his own context. If there is corruption and the corrupt are committing the voter fraud, it is unlikely that people will be charged, let alone convicted. If your only measure of a problem is whether people are convicted or not, that is a very narrow measurement of a problem.
    Actually it is a very simple and reasonable request: if you feel there is a problem that needs to be addressed - then it is incumbent upon you to properly provide ample and verifiable evidence of the problem
    so that we know it does exist and is significant.

    If you cannot do that, all we have is demagoguery being tossed around for political purposes. And almost always that is what these discussions are about. You got nothing and you continue to have nothing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,840

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    That is irrelevant and off-topic.
    It is a perfect part of the topic. As almost always is the case in these discussions, your side has nothing and can prove nothing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It is a perfect part of the topic. As almost always is the case in these discussions, your side has nothing and can prove nothing.
    The topic is about what the penalty should be for voter fraud. If you want to talk about the number of people who were convicted then please go start your own thread and quit trying to drag mine off-topic.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think that killing people for voter fraud is a little bit extreme. Okay, a LOT extreme.
    Don't you think it would be an effective deterrent?

    As it is now the odds of getting caught are pretty slim and fraudsters know that they will only get a slap on the wrist in the off chance that they do get caught. Do you think they would be less likely commit voter fraud if the penalty was death?

  6. #56
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    We already have one. It is an extremely rare crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Don't you think it would be an effective deterrent?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,840

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    The topic is about what the penalty should be for voter fraud. If you want to talk about the number of people who were convicted then please go start your own thread and quit trying to drag mine off-topic.
    Asking why there should be such a severe penalty for something which perhaps does not even exist in any significant numbers is indeed relevant to the question. But if you feel it is off topic, there are remedies which I have no doubt you are well aware of.

    Why are you afraid of having your strawman exposed to the harsh light of day?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    We already have one. It is an extremely rare crime.
    You are dodging the question.

    I didn't ask how rare the crime was, I asked whether you think the death penalty would be a deterrent.

  9. #59
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    If a crime is extremly rare, the current laws are working and changing the penalty is not necessary. Therefore my response is not a dodge. I can see why you dont wanna hear it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    You are dodging the question.

    I didn't ask how rare the crime was, I asked whether you think the death penalty would be a deterrent.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Some people who are against voter ID laws is because voting is so important. Using that same logic, if voting is so important, then voter fraud should have serious consequences. Death penalty? No.
    I agree that a death penalty is too much for voter fraud. I like the suggestion of a year in prison and permanent revocation of voting privileges for life. There is nothing in the Constitution that describes voting as a RIGHT. I also agree with the first part. People who are against voter ID because it is so important should also be against firearm registration because owning firearms is equally important. Moreso perhaps, as the RIGHT to keep and bear is specifically listed in the Constitution as a right and voting is not.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •