View Poll Results: Do you support the death penalty for voter fraud?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Democrat and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    0 0%
  • I'm a Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud

    3 3.09%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    6 6.19%
  • I'm a Democrat and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    18 18.56%
  • I'm a Republican and disapprove of the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    12 12.37%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    58 59.79%
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 282

Thread: Death penalty for voter fraud

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,026

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Nope. The OP asked how people thought a person who commits voter fraud ought to be punished. The OP made no statement about the frequency of voter fraud.
    As I have repeatedly said.... and as you have repeatedly tried to pretend to ignore ..... the implicit premise of advocating the death penalty is because a certain behavior is so problematic for society that it must be dealt with using the harshest penalty available.

    To pretend otherwise is playing ostrich.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,026

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post


    Honestly, I get the impression your ignorance is just a deliberate facade. You're saying in this thread that we shouldn't discuss punishment for voter fraud unless we can prove that it's widespread, but you don't support using the same logic for other crimes, and you claim not to understand why that's relevant and why it shows a total contradiction in your logic (or lack thereof). It's beyond ridiculous.
    What is supremely ridiculous about this thread is some persons actually playing with the ultimate sanction of the death penalty as a punishment without even offering to prove that there is such a problem that needs such a harsh penalty.

    But since you love the word LOGIC so much, please, do inform us of the logic that equates an act of voter fraud with the taking of a human life. Do please give us the LOGIC of that equivalency.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #193
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is supremely ridiculous about this thread is some persons actually playing with the ultimate sanction of the death penalty as a punishment without even offering to prove that there is such a problem that needs such a harsh penalty.

    But since you love the word LOGIC so much, please, do inform us of the logic that equates an act of voter fraud with the taking of a human life. Do please give us the LOGIC of that equivalency.
    I didn't equate one act to another, though I pointed out the common denominator between them (that they are both crimes). You are saying that discussion of punishment for crimes is only warranted when a substantial number of those crimes have already been proven to have been committed. I gave an example that demonstrated that even you don't actually believe what you're saying. When you use the same idea with other crimes, like murder, rape, theft, etc you will almost certainly admit that discussion of appropriate punishment is warranted even before there are any proven cases of them being committed, let alone on a mass scale.
    If you hate capitalism so much, then just write everything in lower case. Problem solved.

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    As I have repeatedly said.... and as you have repeatedly tried to pretend to ignore ..... the implicit premise of advocating the death penalty is because a certain behavior is so problematic for society that it must be dealt with using the harshest penalty available.

    To pretend otherwise is playing ostrich.
    You can infer whatever you want. I simply pointed out that the OP made no claims regarding the frequency of voter fraud.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,026

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post
    I didn't equate one act to another, though I pointed out the common denominator between them (that they are both crimes). You are saying that discussion of punishment for crimes is only warranted when a substantial number of those crimes have already been proven to have been committed.
    Equating acts of voter fraud to murder is simply stupid. Yes, they are both crimes. So what?

    How do you folks on the right expect to convince the rest of us that 'yes indeedy there is a problem that needs to be fixed' if you cannot intelligently present data to quantify that problem so that we know this is more than just very small potatoes?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,026

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    You can infer whatever you want. I simply pointed out that the OP made no claims regarding the frequency of voter fraud.
    Let me say this again and you tell me what you do not yet understand....

    the existence of a problem that needs to be dealt with is implicit in the OP's drastic solution.

    Got that after about the tenth time now?

    It is clear what is going on here. for the last few years you folks on the right have gotten your butts kicked on this issue when the subject gets around to data and proof. So now the word has gone out to avoid all such things at all costs ----- even if it makes you look stupid in the process.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Let me say this again and you tell me what you do not yet understand....

    the existence of a problem that needs to be dealt with is implicit in the OP's drastic solution.

    Got that after about the tenth time now?

    It is clear what is going on here. for the last few years you folks on the right have gotten your butts kicked on this issue when the subject gets around to data and proof. So now the word has gone out to avoid all such things at all costs ----- even if it makes you look stupid in the process.
    Yes you keep saying that his question implies this or that.

    I heard you the first hundred times.

    But that doesn't change the FACT that the OP contains no claims as to the frequency of voter fraud.

    Here is the OP:

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    So would you support capital punishment for people who commit voter fraud?

    Please explain why or why not.
    Please highlight the claim made about the frequency of voter fraud or shut the **** up.

  8. #198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,026

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Yes you keep saying that his question implies this or that.

    I heard you the first hundred times.

    But that doesn't change the FACT that the OP contains no claims as to the frequency of voter fraud.

    Here is the OP:



    Please highlight the claim made about the frequency of voter fraud or shut the **** up.
    You do understand that in the use of English language , one can imply something without coming right out and saying it?

    And that is what was done with this.

    The one that needs to shut up is the one playing ostrich. That way you avoid all the sand in your mouth.

    But I love it that you keep beating a really dead horse since it continues to shine the spotlight on the absurdity of the OP and the utter impotence of your side to provide any real quantitive evidence that such a problem exists. Another twenty or so replies from you saying the same thing would be really a public service.

    It is clear what is going on here. for the last few years you folks on the right have gotten your butts kicked on this issue when the subject gets around to data and proof. So now the word has gone out to avoid all such things at all costs ----- even if it makes you look stupid in the process.

    But hey - you got a whopping 11% of the poll who bought into the stupid premise so that should be some sort of victory considering it is twenty times the level of libertarian support for something like president of the USA at election time.
    Last edited by haymarket; 06-07-13 at 04:56 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #199
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,553

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What is supremely ridiculous about this thread is some persons actually playing with the ultimate sanction of the death penalty as a punishment without even offering to prove that there is such a problem that needs such a harsh penalty.

    But since you love the word LOGIC so much, please, do inform us of the logic that equates an act of voter fraud with the taking of a human life. Do please give us the LOGIC of that equivalency.

    If voter fraud becomes a capital crime...then I think that the next time my neighbor's kid chases after a runaway football into my yard, I get to use deadly force on the little booger machine.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You do understand that in the use of English language , one can imply something without coming right out and saying it?

    And that is what was done with this.
    I see. So in your opinion there was an implication. Well, I can't control what you infer from what others write.

    However, the fact remains that the OP made no statement regarding the frequency of voter fraud. If you disagree, please provide the quote of the OP.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •