View Poll Results: Do you support the death penalty for voter fraud?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Democrat and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    0 0%
  • I'm a Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud

    3 3.09%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and approve the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    6 6.19%
  • I'm a Democrat and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    18 18.56%
  • I'm a Republican and disapprove of the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    12 12.37%
  • I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican and disapprove the death penalty for committing voter fraud.

    58 59.79%
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 282

Thread: Death penalty for voter fraud

  1. #91
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What you need to prove is that voter fraud is a problem that anybody outside of the far right wing with their own political agenda should actually care about.

    Your reply shows beyond any doubt that you cannot do so and are impotent to do so.

    There are lots of imperfections in society. We do not obsess about most of them and raise them to the level of a problem for society and government that demands some sort of action.

    So show us that we should give a damn about your issue.

    Your continual refusal to do so speaks volumes that could fill the largest library in the world with your inabilities to back up your claims.
    This must be your aggressive side, of passive-aggressive. Oh well.

    I don't have to prove anything. While I haven't expressed it on this thread, I believe that in order to vote, you should have an ID to demonstrate who you are. You perhaps see ideology in everything, I don't. I don't care whether there is massive, some, little or no voter fraud there are ways of implementing voter ID, as in my home state, that accommodate those who don't have an ID. However, that isn't the topic of the thread so I feel no obligation to dance to your music. Also, I didn't bring up the issue, I am engaging in discussions with others who brought up the issue. It is YOU who is personalizing everything and being nasty.

    This is the USofA where everyone has a right to think that their issue is the most important issue and I was engaging someone who brought a view from another country. If you don't care about his issue, that's OK with me.

    Again, I'm making no claims, so please don't try to make me your straw man for the day and go beat on someone else.

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post

    I don't have to prove anything.
    You cannot prove anything. You act as if this is some great national problem that demands action but you are woefully impotent to provide verifiable evidence that it is indeed a national problem that demands action.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #93
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Why do some people want to have an argument when one isn't being made? I don't even see voter fraud as a national issue as states have been dealing with the issue in large numbers.

    I feel like Michael Palin walking in to John Cleese, except I'm not here for an argument.

  4. #94
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,312

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Why do some people want to have an argument when one isn't being made? I don't even see voter fraud as a national issue as states have been dealing with the issue in large numbers.

    I feel like Michael Palin walking in to John Cleese, except I'm not here for an argument.
    It is the computerized voting process that needs the work. Potential to switch hundreds of thousands of vote. That's the real problem. Why not try to get openness in that arena?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Don't you think it would be an effective deterrent?

    As it is now the odds of getting caught are pretty slim and fraudsters know that they will only get a slap on the wrist in the off chance that they do get caught. Do you think they would be less likely commit voter fraud if the penalty was death?
    No. I think it's a stupid idea.

  6. #96
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Now YOU are cheating!

    Those are not the same magnitude of offense as election fraud.

    Our government officials aren't running in a popularity contest, or a beauty pagent as to whom has the best legs!
    They are running for powerful government offices that affect our citizens, and frequently people all around the world.

    Serious business. Levity is not appropriate!
    Shirley you jest. What I say is appropriate, is appropriate. You must be funnin' me.

    Putiing people to death for over-voting is stupid; apolitical thoughts aside.
    Magnitude is important. Just not this time.

  7. #97
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    That was a funny skit.
    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Why do some people want to have an argument when one isn't being made? I don't even see voter fraud as a national issue as states have been dealing with the issue in large numbers.

    I feel like Michael Palin walking in to John Cleese, except I'm not here for an argument.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #98
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Convince me with verifiable evidence that there is such a problem which warrants our national concern and action.
    I posted a single search page, of dozens, maybe hundreds of pages, that came up with "guilty Vote fraud".
    Those links were of people found guilty or confessed to guilty. I suggest MANY,MANY more cases exist, where no one was charged. Because of officials who take YOUR attitude. "it doesn't matter".

    But your DEMAND I convince YOU doesn't matter.

    In 33 states BEFORE 2012, the PEOPLE were sufficiently convinced of rampant vote fraud, to enact state laws requiring voter photo ID.

    The feds postponed implementing those laws, with the excuse, not enough time between passing laws and election, to get out the IDs.

    In 2014, those 33 states WILL have implemented those laws, and sufficient time for voters to acquire IDs, WILL have passed.

    I'll not demand YOU convince anyone photo IDs are NOT necessary. It would be pointless and HOPELESS.

    33 states already ARE convinced they ARE needed! And MORE states coming to that realization I wager!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    I posted a single search page, of dozens, maybe hundreds of pages, that came up with "guilty Vote fraud".
    Those links were of people found guilty or confessed to guilty. I suggest MANY,MANY more cases exist, where no one was charged. Because of officials who take YOUR attitude. "it doesn't matter".

    But your DEMAND I convince YOU doesn't matter.

    In 33 states BEFORE 2012, the PEOPLE were sufficiently convinced of rampant vote fraud, to enact state laws requiring voter photo ID.

    The feds postponed implementing those laws, with the excuse, not enough time between passing laws and election, to get out the IDs.

    In 2014, those 33 states WILL have implemented those laws, and sufficient time for voters to acquire IDs, WILL have passed.

    I'll not demand YOU convince anyone photo IDs are NOT necessary. It would be pointless and HOPELESS.

    33 states already ARE convinced they ARE needed! And MORE states coming to that realization I wager!
    We know what is behind Republican insistence for voter ID

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1625646.html

    Mike Turzai, the Pennsylvania GOP House majority leader, said that a strict new voter ID law will help Republicans win the state for the first time since 1988.

    "Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation -- abortion facility regulations -- in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done," he said to applause at a Republican State Committee this weekend, according to PoliticsPa.com.

    The comment contradicted the usual Republican line that voter ID laws are for guarding against voter fraud -- which is extremely rare if not nonexistent in practice -- and not to help elect Republicans.

    Pennsylvania passed a new law in March through a GOP-led legislature requiring voters to show a driver's license or government issued photo ID before voting.
    Yeah - we get it and always have gotten it.

    Please now do two simple things:

    1- calculate the total number of people convicted of election voter fraud.
    2- calculate the same number of voters who cast ballots during those same years
    3- give me the percentage of voter fraud based on those figures

    For until you actually do that, all you are presenting is anecdotal evidence of suspected voter fraud.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #100
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Death penalty for voter fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    We know what is behind Republican insistence for voter ID

    Mike Turzai, Pennsylvania GOP House Majority Leader: Voter ID Will Allow Mitt Romney To Win State



    Yeah - we get it and always have gotten it.

    Please now do two simple things:

    1- calculate the total number of people convicted of election voter fraud.
    2- calculate the same number of voters who cast ballots during those same years
    3- give me the percentage of voter fraud based on those figures

    For until you actually do that, all you are presenting is anecdotal evidence of suspected voter fraud.
    Do your OWN research.

    You can't AFFORD to hire me!

    I get $650 a day
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •