View Poll Results: Does institutional racism currently exist in America?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is rampant.

    14 22.95%
  • Yes, in quite a few places, but not everywhere.

    30 49.18%
  • For the most part, no. It exists but is rare.

    15 24.59%
  • Absolutely not.

    2 3.28%
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 379

Thread: Institutional Racism [W:344]

  1. #61
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    I read that it doesnt have an impact to what i said
    Yes it does, you apparently claimed it was "broken logic", because their impact is secondary. I'm pointing out I never wrote anything to the contrary, so your point of contention was about something that wasn't even claimed

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    So do you find jazz and classical music "anti-intellectual"?
    Neither jazz nor classical music has a "commercial" sub-genre.

    For the record, I'm defining commercial music as "prepared, done, or acting with sole or chief emphasis on salability, profit, or success". Examples include Blake Shelton, Kanye West and One Direction.

  3. #63
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes it does, you apparently claimed it was "broken logic", because their impact is secondary. I'm pointing out I never wrote anything to the contrary, so your point of contention was about something that wasn't even claimed
    nope, it factually doesnt and you are factually wrong.

    just more BS you are making up in your head that nobody was implying, its all you seem to do

    i was agreeing with another poster about focusing on any one music then i proceeded to make a comment about how looking at ANY music or movies is broken logic because its secondary at best.

    I never mentioned you or even referred to you but please make up more arguments in your head LMAO

    your mistake
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #64
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I agree for the most part. I do think, however, that schools are way too concerned about pupil census. After a child hits 16? If they're complete disruptions to students and classrooms? Throw their asses out into the street. But, of course, schools don't do that because it costs them money. So every student suffers because of what amounts to a relative few -- setting poor examples, making fun of "nerds," making school hallways unsafe, the walk to-and-from a challenge.

    In that way, I blame school administration. The teachers? They're probably sick of their jobs. I would be if I was trying to teach, entered the profession with ideals, and found I was babysitting majority fails.
    In the inner cities, you have more than 50% of students dropping out anyhow, mostly because they know that they don't need an education, they're going to spend their lives dealing drugs, having illegitimate children and in prison or on welfare. That's what their parent(s) and their sub-culture teaches them they should do, but it remains their choice and their fault, you can't blame any of it on institutional racism. Nobody forces them to be idiots. They choose that for themselves.

    All of the things you list are not causes of that kind of behavior, but consequences of it. Teachers get burned out having to deal with a culture that teaches their children to be disrespectful, that doesn't place a priority on education, etc. You have to place the blame on the people who are actually causing the problem and that's not the schools, it's the students.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes, as you can see, the degree of ignorance and stupidity expressed in it far surpasses anything you will find in commercial pop music or country
    Nope. Lil B rapping, "Bitches suck my dick because I look like J.K. Rowling," is just as stupid as Katy Perry singing, "I kissed a girl and I liked it." They both are not only just dumb lyrics, but they both perpetuate ignorance surrounding women and sexuality. The only difference is that Lil B uses more explicit language which is only means that it offends some people's sensibilities.

  6. #66
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Nope. Lil B rapping, "Bitches suck my dick because I look like J.K. Rowling," is just as stupid as Katy Perry singing, "I kissed a girl and I liked it." They both are not only just dumb lyrics, but they both perpetuate ignorance surrounding women and sexuality. The only difference is that Lil B uses more explicit language which is only means that it offends some people's sensibilities.
    The video I posted didn't deal with sexual acts, it dealt with gang culture, and the person who produced it is facing a list of murder charges. And Katy Perry isn't offering rewards to people to rob lady gaga

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't see how. Could you define "anti-intellectual" please?
    Anti-intellectual: that which is opposed to or antithetical to the use of one's intellect

    *rough definition, but it should get the point across

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    The video I posted didn't deal with sexual acts, it dealt with gang culture, and the person who produced it is facing a list of murder charges. And Katy Perry isn't offering rewards to people to rob lady gaga
    What's your point? Are you arguing that violence is the most anti-intellectual form of anti-intellectualism? Why are violent lyrics more anti-intellectual than lyrics trivializing sexuality?

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    not only doesnt it make sense its broken logic. Music/movies etc are meaningless to this topic, their impact secondary
    Yeah, if art plays a role in institutional racism, it perpetuates it. It does not cause it.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    As long as the criminal organization known colloquially as the "Democratic" party holds a significant amount of political power there will continually be institutionalized racism in America.
    Or at least accusations of it a political advantageous times.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •