View Poll Results: Does institutional racism currently exist in America?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is rampant.

    14 22.95%
  • Yes, in quite a few places, but not everywhere.

    30 49.18%
  • For the most part, no. It exists but is rare.

    15 24.59%
  • Absolutely not.

    2 3.28%
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 379

Thread: Institutional Racism [W:344]

  1. #331
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    and those people feeling that way would be wrong an uneducated.
    I doubt that. Quotas are used. The University of Texas tried to end affirmative action and only accepted based upon academic achievement. Not enough blacks were accepted, they were sued and the courts made them accept the proper quota of blacks. It exists, get over it.

    The very fact that it exists leads to more racism, even from those who have no desire to be racist. If I am looking for a doctor, I only go to ones that are not guaranteed x number of slots based upon affirmative action quotas. In other words, if I want quality and the best chance of getting the highest quality, then I go to white heterosexual males, they are the only grouping that are not given special treatment and therefore are the only group where you know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that they have earned their way to where the are. It may not guarantee top quality, but it definitely disqualifies service of the lowest quality, ie, from those who made it on AA quotas and not through their own achievement.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #332
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    1.)I doubt that. Quotas are used. The University of Texas tried to end affirmative action and only accepted based upon academic achievement. Not enough blacks were accepted, they were sued and the courts made them accept the proper quota of blacks. It exists, get over it.

    2.)The very fact that it exists leads to more racism, even from those who have no desire to be racist. If I am looking for a doctor, I only go to ones that are not guaranteed x number of slots based upon affirmative action quotas. In other words, if I want quality and the best chance of getting the highest quality, then I go to white heterosexual males, they are the only grouping that are not given special treatment and therefore are the only group where you know, beyond any reasonable doubt, that they have earned their way to where the are. It may not guarantee top quality, but it definitely disqualifies service of the lowest quality, ie, from those who made it on AA quotas and not through their own achievement.
    LMAO theres nothing to get over
    facts dont change no matter your misunderstanding of them or not

    quotas are in fact illegal

    and those using quotas are factually NOT prating AA/EO.

    They were found guilty of a crime then forced to try to right it, if they used qotas before hind they would hav also faced criminal charges like other people have

    2. white males benefit most from AA/EO than any other group because they are the majority

    thanks for proving that you dont understand what AA/EO actually is

    any place giving this special treatment you speak of is NOT practing AA/EO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #333
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Not true. Some people might feel that way after being passed over for a job because of their skin color.
    actually its 100% true because if they were passed over because of their skin trouble and they think that was because of AA/EO they are morons.

    if thats why they got passed over it proves that place was NOT practicing AA/EO.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #334
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post

    any place giving this special treatment you speak of is NOT practing AA/EO
    so what about the executive order that mandates employers implement plans to increase the number of minority employee if their workforce is not "representative" of the population?

    any way you slice it, that's a freakin quota. if blacks make up 13% of the population...you must have 13% black employees or implement a plan to hire more blacks. if females make up 51% of the population...you must have 51% female employees or implement a plan to hire more females.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #335
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    1.)so what about the executive order that mandates employers implement plans to increase the number of minority employee if their workforce is not "representative" of the population?

    2.)any way you slice it, that's a freakin quota.

    3.) if blacks make up 13% of the population...you must have 13% black employees or implement a plan to hire more blacks. if females make up 51% of the population...you must have 51% female employees or implement a plan to hire more females.
    1.) PLANS as in opportunity and there are laws/orders/policies in place that makes this apply to the population PERIOD. not just minorities

    2.) nope not a qouta because its not about HIRING or EMPLOYMENT its about opportunity

    3.) 100% false LMAO
    you are factually wrong, a company does not have to employ the matching percentage of the population. My company doesnt and we are government contractors the ones looked at the most by these laws/rules.

    the plan could be to REACH them, give them a CHANCE, it isnt to factually hire them.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO theres nothing to get over
    facts dont change no matter your misunderstanding of them or not

    quotas are in fact illegal

    and those using quotas are factually NOT prating AA/EO.

    They were found guilty of a crime then forced to try to right it, if they used qotas before hind they would hav also faced criminal charges like other people have

    2. white males benefit most from AA/EO than any other group because they are the majority

    thanks for proving that you dont understand what AA/EO actually is

    any place giving this special treatment you speak of is NOT practing AA/EO
    You may call them whatever you like, it doesn't change the fact that the "goals" of AA are in fact used and enforced as quotas. You may call a janitor a sanitation engineer, but at the end of the day, the function is still the same, regardless of the name given to it.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  7. #337
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    You may call them whatever you like, it doesn't change the fact that the "goals" of AA are in fact used and enforced as quotas. You may call a janitor a sanitation engineer, but at the end of the day, the function is still the same, regardless of the name given to it.
    no you have that backwards, YOU may call them what you want.
    Im using and going by facts LMAO

    but definition thats not AA/EO and no matter how much you state your opinion that you think it is, facts and the definition of AA/EO prove you wrong

    weird people have been fined and criminally prosecuted for quotas.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #338
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) PLANS as in opportunity and there are laws/orders/policies in place that makes this apply to the population PERIOD. not just minorities

    2.) nope not a qouta because its not about HIRING or EMPLOYMENT its about opportunity

    3.) 100% false LMAO
    you are factually wrong, a company does not have to employ the matching percentage of the population. My company doesnt and we are government contractors the ones looked at the most by these laws/rules.

    the plan could be to REACH them, give them a CHANCE, it isnt to factually hire them.
    bull****. they are mandated to have a representative workforce, the only way to comply with the mandate is to "factually" hire minorities. if they don't have enough minority employee they are forced to hire more. that is "factually" a quota.

    so you tell me.....if a company is not in compliance with this mandate and two guys apply for the same job. both equally qualified and one is a minority....which one is going to be hired?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #339
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    bull****. they are mandated to have a representative workforce, the only way to comply with the mandate is to "factually" hire minorities. if they don't have enough minority employee they are forced to hire more. that is "factually" a quota.

    2.)so you tell me.....if a company is not in compliance with this mandate and two guys apply for the same job. both equally qualified and one is a minority....which one is going to be hired?
    LOL bull**** huh? thats all you got
    no they are not forced to HIRE more, facts simple disagree with you and since this is the second thing i do for my company im well aware of how it works.

    there are no quotas and we do not employee matching percentage to the local population nor are we forced to. Sorry you are wrong.

    2.) not sure how many times this ever happens in real life but the answer is i dont know because the mandate is only about opportunity not hiring so as long as they are following the mandate they are practicing AA/EO and not breaking the law.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #340
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LOL bull**** huh? thats all you got
    no they are not forced to HIRE more, facts simple disagree with you and since this is the second thing i do for my company im well aware of how it works.

    there are no quotas and we do not employee matching percentage to the local population nor are we forced to. Sorry you are wrong.
    so you ignore executive order 11246? must be nice

    2.) not sure how many times this ever happens in real life but the answer is i dont know because the mandate is only about opportunity not hiring so as long as they are following the mandate they are practicing AA/EO and not breaking the law.
    the mandate clearly states that the employer must have a representative work force. it does not say that they must provide equal opportunity...it states that they must have a representative workforce
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •