View Poll Results: Does institutional racism currently exist in America?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is rampant.

    14 22.95%
  • Yes, in quite a few places, but not everywhere.

    30 49.18%
  • For the most part, no. It exists but is rare.

    15 24.59%
  • Absolutely not.

    2 3.28%
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 379

Thread: Institutional Racism [W:344]

  1. #281
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    1.)The point is that AA inadvertently encourages such practices. Are you denying that?
    1.)no it doesnt "encourage" them since they people caught doing that are breaking the law and have been convicted of such.
    2.) yes, 100% i am

    do people use qoutas? yes, they are idiots because once they do they are factually breaking the law

    think about how stupid that is, if you are practicing AA/EO you are safe and NOT breaking the law, once you use a qoutas now you are unsafe, you are breaking the law and NOT practicing AA/EO.

    MORONS do that, just like morons that are effected by all types of propaganda and squeaky wheel hyperbole.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)no it doesnt "encourage" them since they people caught doing that are breaking the law and have been convicted of such.
    2.) yes, 100% i am

    do people use qoutas? yes, they are idiots because once they do they are factually breaking the law

    think about how stupid that is, if you are practicing AA/EO you are safe and NOT breaking the law, once you use a qoutas now you are unsafe, you are breaking the law and NOT practicing AA/EO.

    MORONS do that, just like morons that are effected by all types of propaganda and squeaky wheel hyperbole.
    Goodness, there are plenty of businesses that do just that and are never caught. Perhaps some businesses do it correctly, but there are plenty of others that do not. Not to mention, denying a person a job on the basis of their race or religion is illegal anyways. I really don't see a need to have AA anymore in today's day and age. It just promotes racism IMO.

  3. #283
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    im not denying some people use race to do hiring and they "CALL IT" AA/EO. This in deed does happen.

    But the fact remains is as soon as they do that they are not practicing AA/EO.
    So in the end, we agree.

  4. #284
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    1.)Goodness, there are plenty of businesses that do just that and are never caught.
    2.)Perhaps some businesses do it correctly, but there are plenty of others that do not.
    3.) Not to mention, denying a person a job on the basis of their race or religion is illegal anyways.
    4.)I really don't see a need to have AA anymore in today's day and age.
    4.) It just promotes racism IMO.
    1.) im sure there are, they are morons
    2.) yes i bet this is true also, there are bad cops, judges etc too
    3.) yes it is
    4.) because it helps protect the rights of ALL OF US by definition and stats wise it helps white males more than anybody, of course this is because they are the majority but its still who benefits the most.
    5.) no it doesn't, it supports equality, NOT PRACTICING IT promotes racism
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #285
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    So in the end, we agree.
    I guess lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) im sure there are, they are morons
    2.) yes i bet this is true also, there are bad cops, judges etc too
    3.) yes it is
    4.) because it helps protect the rights of ALL OF US by definition and stats wise it helps white males more than anybody, of course this is because they are the majority but its still who benefits the most.
    5.) no it doesn't, it supports equality, NOT PRACTICING IT promotes racism
    LOL! I think most white males would tend to disagree with you. I don't see how it supports equality when it gives preference (obviously) to one race or gender over another. Don't forget, I am a female, so AA supposedly protects me too. I don't see it though.

  7. #287
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    1.)LOL! I think most white males would tend to disagree with you.
    2.) I don't see how it supports equality when it gives preference (obviously) to one race or gender over another.
    3.)Don't forget, I am a female, so AA supposedly protects me too.
    4.)I don't see it though.
    1.) they can disagree all they want but they would simply be misinformed and they simply are among the people that dont know what AA/EO FACTUALLY is. They are SHEEP that arent educated and by into the propganda.

    anybody that understands what AA/EO actually is gets it.
    You know its helps out VETS and DISABLED people a great deal right?


    its only the misinformed that think it only deals with race LMAO

    2.) because that is not what it does, you are part of the misinformed

    3/) yes it does

    4.) you personally dont have to see it. I personally have never seen it do anything for me that i know of but that doesnt me it doesnt do its job.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) they can disagree all they want but they would simply be misinformed and they simply are among the people that dont know what AA/EO FACTUALLY is. They are SHEEP that arent educated and by into the propganda.

    anybody that understands what AA/EO actually is gets it.
    You know its helps out VETS and DISABLED people a great deal right?


    its only the misinformed that think it only deals with race LMAO

    2.) because that is not what it does, you are part of the misinformed

    3/) yes it does

    4.) you personally dont have to see it. I personally have never seen it do anything for me that i know of but that doesnt me it doesnt do its job.
    I disagree. I think programs like this encourage businesses and schools to accept, hire and promote based on race and gender alone, and that is just not fair. There should be no questions about what "color" you are on your job or school application.

  9. #289
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I disagree. I think programs like this encourage businesses and schools to accept, hire and promote based on race and gender alone, and that is just not fair. There should be no questions about what "color" you are on your job or school application.
    but they dont, in fact, if an org does hire/promote based on race they are breaking the law and factually not practicing AA/EO

    i have no idea why you arent grasping this
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    but they dont, in fact, if an org does hire/promote based on race they are breaking the law and factually not practicing AA/EO

    i have no idea why you arent grasping this
    I have no idea why you keep denying that this happens often. These laws stem from the times shortly after civil rights for African Americans and women were put into place. They are old and not needed anymore since denying someone work, etc. on the basis of their race or gender is already illegal.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •