View Poll Results: Does institutional racism currently exist in America?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is rampant.

    14 22.95%
  • Yes, in quite a few places, but not everywhere.

    30 49.18%
  • For the most part, no. It exists but is rare.

    15 24.59%
  • Absolutely not.

    2 3.28%
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 379

Thread: Institutional Racism [W:344]

  1. #221
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    but AA/EO factually doesnt
    No, it can spell out in the law that a quota system is wrong, while still creating a necessity for a defacto quota system. it's a pretty recognizable point we all know you will ignore

  2. #222
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    its a good move to accept your defeat since facts support all the things i actually claimed and you have nothing to change that, thanks for playing
    I really do pity you.

    Maybe one of these days, you'll wake the **** up.

  3. #223
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, it can spell out in the law that a quota system is wrong, while still creating a necessity for a defacto quota system. it's a pretty recognizable point we all know you will ignore
    Check your watch chuckles, it's redundancy thirty.

  4. #224
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, I tend to skim over most of what you write,
    2.) but it seems that you are arguing that at the legal level, that quotas are discouraged.
    3.) While that may be true
    4.) one would question the merits and intelligence involved in ignoring the de facto means of implementation in this discussion.
    5.) So even if it does support you
    6.) it would likely be some inane point that lacked any intrinsic merit, or go beyond representing a view that has little impact on the discussion
    1.) seems to make sense since you always get it wrong and just make stuff up
    2.) i have no argument at all. I simply stated the fact that quotas are illegal and they have nothign to do with AA/EO
    3.) not maybe, its a fact
    4.) they arent being ignored at all, i just pointed out what people were labeling wrong.
    5.) it does support the FACTS not me
    6.) you are free to have that opinion but correcting a mistake and being accurate has an impact on discussions.

    If one would like to talk about unfair practices people do that fine by me, but one you claim its AA/EO they are factually wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #225
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    I really do pity you.

    Maybe one of these days, you'll wake the **** up.
    and here they come, the failed insults
    this is what happen when dishonest posters cant logical defend their points and facts prove them wrong, they become uncivil

    would you like to stick on topic or is this all you have left?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, it can spell out in the law that a quota system is wrong, while still creating a necessity for a defacto quota system. it's a pretty recognizable point we all know you will ignore
    no that would be a personal choice to a factual one
    you point is meaningless

    there are cops out there that feel it a necessity to break the law to enforce it, that doesnt mean its right or thats how the law works nor does it change the definition.

    I dont ignore it, i focus on it and expose it for what it actually is, reality and facts dont care about peoples feelings/opinions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    There comes a point when you just have to let the parrot have the last word.
    If you noticed, I stopped posting a few pages ago, after implying that his head is in the sand.

    Let him quote wikipedia and jump around, saying he's right. Bobos get boring after a while.

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    If I have any integrity? First you come out in support of Affirmative Action in college applications, then you completely deny that Affirmative Action is taking place and refuse to take a stand on whether or not it has a place in Med School applications. You my friend are the one who is being dishonest and trying to change the topic. I have consistently made the exact same point the entire thread.
    I haven't denied AA takes place. I've pointed out that lowering standards for black applicants is not AA as you've claimed. I've also pointed out that that you've made assumptions that you are treating as facts. The fact that you are now putting words in my mouth as a last resort demonstrates your lack of integrity and dishonesty. I guess it's easier to argue against points that have never been made than what people actually say, huh?

    You're the one who suggested that blacks have significantly more clinical experience. I've only stated facts, you're the one coming up with alternative theories without offering any support for them.
    I didn't suggest that "blacks have significantly more clinical experience." I said that it's possible that they have such experiences among other advantages that you aren't privy to since you didn't see their applications. That's you putting words in my mouth again - more dishonesty, less integrity.

    The fact of the matter here is that MCAT scores and GPA scores are the two biggest factors in determining acceptance. No such data exists on the "amount of clinical experience or research" gets one into med school by race. Not to mention, the differences in the acceptance rates between different ethnic groups is so staggering, even a minor difference in clinical experience isn't enough to explain it. The only explaination when grinding the statistics is that race is playing some factor into determining acceptance.
    Like I said, admissions offices have a cutoff for MCAT and GPA. Everyone who makes the cutoff is evaluated individually. You're assuming that race, not any of the multiple other factors, is what admissions officers are considering at the expense of everything else. You're assuming that blacks aren't outperforming whites (in the eyes of admissions officers) in other areas. That is your assumption. Nothing more.

    Acceptance rates at US medical schools between 2010-2012 reveal racial preferences for blacks and Hispanics | AEIdeas

    Also, it is abundantly clear whenever states adopt a ban on race conscious admissions (which you refuse to state if you are for or against), the enrollment of minorities drop.
    Those stats don't prove anything. The conclusion the guy reaches is, again, an assumption. Both you and him are seeing what you want to see.

    I couldn't find a study that only looked at the Med schools in these states, so this will have to do.

    Fact is, you won't come out and support race-neutral policies on graduate acceptance programs because you know affirmative action is playing a role here.
    Fact is, you're treating assumptions as facts and then whining because I'm calling you out for it. Another fact: you're getting pissy with me because I don't play red herring games. Cry harder.

  9. #229
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    If you noticed, I stopped posting a few pages ago, after implying that his head is in the sand.

    Let him quote wikipedia and jump around, saying he's right. Bobos get boring after a while.
    Translation: facts proved you wrong and you have nothing else, let me know when you do
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Translation: facts proved you wrong and you have nothing else, let me know when you do
    Go. Away.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •