View Poll Results: Does institutional racism currently exist in America?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is rampant.

    14 22.95%
  • Yes, in quite a few places, but not everywhere.

    30 49.18%
  • For the most part, no. It exists but is rare.

    15 24.59%
  • Absolutely not.

    2 3.28%
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 379

Thread: Institutional Racism [W:344]

  1. #211
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    what part of QUOTAS ARE ILLEGAL dont you get LMAO
    Im sorry facts prove you wrong and this upsets you but the facts wont change.

    Yes the government can look into and find out if people are using unfair practices to hire
    there is no NUMBER required only that you practice AA/EO which is OPPORTUNITY not EMPLOYMENT

    maybe you should read all the info on those sites that prove you wrong so you understand the facts better
    "The Obama Administration will make history by hiring the government’s first “Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity” to mastermind a multi-million-dollar effort that boosts the number of minorities in biomedical research and slashes discrimination in the federal grant process."

    The $500 million initiative to racially diversify medical research was launched last year after a government-sanctioned study uncovered a “disturbing and disheartening” lack of racial diversity in the field. Especially troubling are Uncle Sam’s discriminatory funding practices when it comes to distributing federal research grants, the study found."

    U.S. to Hire Chief of Scientific Workforce Diversity | Judicial Watch

    Institutional Racism [W:344]-head-up-ass1-jpg

    even medical research...

  2. #212
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    sorry facts disagree with you and prove you wrong, companies/institutions have been fined and have had criminal action taken against them for quotas
    it's simply a quota system by another name

    The school uses a "Top 10 Percent" plan, through which students in the top 10% of their high school graduating classes are automatically admitted to the state university of their choice. That has helped schools boost racial diversity, primarily because most of the state's public high schools are segregated by race and ethnicity.

    But because that does not create a "critical mass" of racial groups, the school also considers race in filling out the rest of each year's class.
    Supreme Court weighs quotas in affirmative action case

  3. #213
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    the article that the wikipedia entry is sourced from makes no mention of quotas, or their legality. Also, while it's true the term 'quota" has fallen in disfavor, you will find institutions simply use words like "target" "critical mass", or terms like 'preferences"
    go through all the site i have listed them before quite a few mention how quotas are illegal and i have also presented cases where qoutas were discovered and criminal action was taken.

    institutions can choose to use what ever word they want, they can also choose to practice what ever hiring they want, thats not the discussion

    the fact im pointing out is that its not AA/EO they are practing and if they have quotas its illegal this is the topic im discussing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    "The Obama Administration will make history by hiring the government’s first “Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity” to mastermind a multi-million-dollar effort that boosts the number of minorities in biomedical research and slashes discrimination in the federal grant process."

    The $500 million initiative to racially diversify medical research was launched last year after a government-sanctioned study uncovered a “disturbing and disheartening” lack of racial diversity in the field. Especially troubling are Uncle Sam’s discriminatory funding practices when it comes to distributing federal research grants, the study found."

    U.S. to Hire Chief of Scientific Workforce Diversity | Judicial Watch

    Institutional Racism [W:344]-head-up-ass1-jpg

    even medical research...
    LMAO

    you realize theres NOTHING you posted that changes the facts i posted, so yes the picture is true for you and your logic

    I love when people are proven factually wrong, then try to lie, fail at that then make an entirely different argument/strawman up and try to argue against that LMAO

    please wipe the egg off your face before you get burned.

    Let me know when you have anything to prove the facts wrong lol
    DO you even know what is being discussed? LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    it's simply a quota system by another name



    Supreme Court weighs quotas in affirmative action case
    you understand this supports me right? lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #216
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the fact im pointing out is that its not AA/EO they are practing and if they have quotas its illegal this is the topic im discussing


    I think the idea they are trying to impress on you is that the entire concept of AA creates a de facto quota system

  7. #217
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I think the idea they are trying to impress on you is that the entire concept of AA creates a de facto quota system
    but AA/EO factually doesnt

    people/orgs may CHOOSE to do it that way and if they break the law or have a quota system and get caught thats illegal

    as i have said, these illegal practices do in fact happen, but the fact remains they are not AA/EO

    this fact wont change and its the only facts i have pointed out, anything else people want to try and make up they can feel free
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #218
    Professor Knowledge=power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-23-14 @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,398

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO

    you realize theres NOTHING you posted that changes the facts i posted, so yes the picture is true for you and your logic

    I love when people are proven factually wrong, then try to lie, fail at that then make an entirely different argument/strawman up and try to argue against that LMAO

    please wipe the egg off your face before you get burned.

    Let me know when you have anything to prove the facts wrong lol
    DO you even know what is being discussed? LMAO
    There comes a point when you just have to let the parrot have the last word.

  9. #219
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you understand this supports me right? lol
    Well, I tend to skim over most of what you write, but it seems that you are arguing that at the legal level, that quotas are discouraged. While that may be true, one would question the merits and intelligence involved in ignoring the de facto means of implementation in this discussion. So even if it does support you, it would likely be some inane point that lacked any intrinsic merit, or go beyond representing a view that has little impact on the discussion

  10. #220
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Institutional Racism [W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge=power View Post
    There comes a point when you just have to let the parrot have the last word.
    its a good move to accept your defeat since facts support all the things i actually claimed and you have nothing to change that, thanks for playing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •