View Poll Results: Your presidential vote, 2008 and 2012

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2008: Obama

    30 40.54%
  • 2008: McCain

    18 24.32%
  • 2008: Third party/did not vote

    23 31.08%
  • 2012: Obama

    24 32.43%
  • 2012: Romney

    24 32.43%
  • 2012: Third party/did not vote

    25 33.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

  1. #1
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,710

    Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    In the 2008 and 2012 presidential election, who did you vote for, if applicable, in the general election?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  2. #2
    Educator partier9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A town in a country, on a planet
    Last Seen
    05-23-13 @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    972

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    2008 I was to young to vote, though I would have voted for McCain.

    2012 I refused to vote for Romney.
    If I had a billion dollars?

  3. #3
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    In the 2008 and 2012 presidential election, who did you vote for, if applicable, in the general election?
    I'll go further...

    1980 Reagan
    1984 Reagan
    1988 Bush
    1992 Bush
    1996 Dole
    2000 Gore
    2004 Kerry
    2008 Obama
    2012 Obama

    I didn't leave the GOP, they left me
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  4. #4
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    I'll go further...

    1980 Reagan
    1984 Reagan
    1988 Bush
    1992 Bush
    1996 Dole
    2000 Gore
    2004 Kerry
    2008 Obama
    2012 Obama

    I didn't leave the GOP, they left me
    Yeah obama's anti gun and bash the rich idiocy was mainstream GOP thought



  5. #5
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Yeah obama's anti gun and bash the rich idiocy was mainstream GOP thought
    Gun stuff is irrelevant to me, I own guns and the government is never going to change that, are they going to take yours, Turtle?

    Once upon a time, Republicans WERE more populist and talked about the tyranny of the elite and the danger of concentrated, Ike, Nixon, and even Reagan was famous his populist rhetoric, though it was more a negative populism and did not translate into policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  6. #6
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    Gun stuff is irrelevant to me, I own guns and the government is never going to change that, are they going to take yours, Turtle?

    Once upon a time, Republicans WERE more populist and talked about the tyranny of the elite and the danger of concentrated, Ike, Nixon, and even Reagan was famous his populist rhetoric, though it was more a negative populism and did not translate into policy.
    I find it hilarious that populism is used by fat cats to become richer by pandering to people like you

    I prefer to reward success rather than demonizing it in order to get rich

    as to guns-spew that crap to those in California, CT and NY



  7. #7
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,446
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    Gun stuff is irrelevant to me, I own guns and the government is never going to change that, are they going to take yours, Turtle?

    Once upon a time, Republicans WERE more populist and talked about the tyranny of the elite and the danger of concentrated, Ike, Nixon, and even Reagan was famous his populist rhetoric, though it was more a negative populism and did not translate into policy.
    Back in the day, conservative thinkers were William F. Buckley and Ayn Rand. Now, they're Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter.
    I think they might have left more than a few people behind.
    Last edited by Grand Mal; 05-23-13 at 12:08 AM.

  8. #8
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I find it hilarious that populism is used by fat cats to become richer by pandering to people like you

    I prefer to reward success rather than demonizing it in order to get rich

    as to guns-spew that crap to those in California, CT and NY
    States are welcome to pass the laws that citizens approve of, that's the beauty of federalism, if you don't like you local laws, try to change them or move. I left Florida because of the screwy legislative priorities.

    Would it be demonizing to point out abuses of the influence of the wealth that Goldman et al have engaged in?

    One of us has done some Kool Aid shots, but I don't think it's me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  9. #9
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,592

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    States are welcome to pass the laws that citizens approve of, that's the beauty of federalism, if you don't like you local laws, try to change them or move. I left Florida because of the screwy legislative priorities.

    Would it be demonizing to point out abuses of the influence of the wealth that Goldman et al have engaged in?

    One of us has done some Kool Aid shots, but I don't think it's me.
    That's rich. Obama is a fat cat crony capitalist who uses government office to get rich and you slurp him because you (Goldman Sachs was a big Obama support center BTW) are mad that a few wall street pigs are richer than you think they deserve to be



  10. #10
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Your voting record: 2008 and 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Back in the day, conservative thinkers were William F. Buckley and Ayn Rand. Now, they're Glenn Beck and Ann Coulter.
    I think they might have left more than a few people behind.
    Buckley yes, Ayn Rand, though I loved her books, never struck me as intellectually complete, just a thought and one dimensional support of that thought.

    The main thing is that what conservatives wanted back then (and so did I)they got, then, with nowhere to go, the newer conservatives just said MORE! MORE! And they got that, and they dont know what to want other than what they used to want, lower taxes on the rich, less social welfare, and deregulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •