View Poll Results: Should We open the borders?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 12.82%
  • No

    68 87.18%
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 318

Thread: Should we open the borders?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Because this is America not Mexico. I also believe Mexican citizens are "more worthy" of a job in Mexico than an American citizen is (though it's a silly misdirection on your part to invoke worthiness). No one has said Americans, or anyone else, are "entitled" to a job. And please, knock off the silly xenophobia and racism garbage, just makes you look siller by the mnoment.
    If I own a business privately, which I built from my own blood, sweat, and tears, don't I get to decide who I hire with my own money? Why would I be forced to hire Americans if I need labor simply because they're citizens? That's not right. I should be able to spend my money on whoever I decide will be the most productive.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The Internet is a funny creature. All sorts of people read YOUR quotes.
    This is pathetic. First, because both my girlfriend and I are perfectly legal, so if you think you're being threatening you aren't. Second, because you're taking a legitimate political debate to a personal realm, which shows you've got nothing left as far as actual points to make.

    You should just take your ball and go home.

  3. #263
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    If I own a business privately, which I built from my own blood, sweat, and tears, don't I get to decide who I hire with my own money? Why would I be forced to hire Americans if I need labor simply because they're citizens? That's not right. I should be able to spend my money on whoever I decide will be the most productive.
    Ahh, so you're part of the problem and you really want to take advantage of those slave labor prices and hire illegals. How many you have working for you right now? There isn't any country that will legally allow you to do what you say you want to do. The reasons are many and have been explained ad infinitum on this forum many times. Your fellow citizens are part of the social and economic structure that made and make your business possible in the first place.

  4. #264
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    This is pathetic. First, because both my girlfriend and I are perfectly legal, so if you think you're being threatening you aren't. Second, because you're taking a legitimate political debate to a personal realm, which shows you've got nothing left as far as actual points to make.

    You should just take your ball and go home.
    Because I've heard all this BS about opening border, amnesty and the like from people who are generally wanting to make sure they keep their low wage, low skilled employees in this country. It's their business model that gives them a leg up on 'legal' American companies.

    I've ask that question at least a couple of times in this thread with NO answer so I'm going to assume that's exactly why you posted this thread and support it so vigorously. Not my fault you can't be up front about your intentions.

  5. #265
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    BTW: you are a criminal!

  6. #266
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because I've heard all this BS about opening border, amnesty and the like from people who are generally wanting to make sure they keep their low wage, low skilled employees in this country. It's their business model that gives them a leg up on 'legal' American companies.

    I've ask that question at least a couple of times in this thread with NO answer so I'm going to assume that's exactly why you posted this thread and support it so vigorously. Not my fault you can't be up front about your intentions.
    Perhaps, but I think that immigrants are more entrepreneurial than most Americans are these days, so that is 1 part of the reason I want more liberal immigration.

  7. #267
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Perhaps, but I think that immigrants are more entrepreneurial than most Americans are these days, so that is 1 part of the reason I want more liberal immigration.
    Sure, when most of our citizens are back to work and off assistance, we can talk.

    Right now, we have serious issues to address.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Since your google fingers appear to be broken:



    Source

    Can also be spelled "pwnage".
    I thought it was a typo.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Ahh, so you're part of the problem and you really want to take advantage of those slave labor prices and hire illegals. How many you have working for you right now? There isn't any country that will legally allow you to do what you say you want to do. The reasons are many and have been explained ad infinitum on this forum many times. Your fellow citizens are part of the social and economic structure that made and make your business possible in the first place.
    It was a hypothetical question, first of all. Second of all, since when are we followers of the rest of the world? Americans are leaders not followers. It's our job to set an example for the rest of the world.

    The whole idea that I owe anyone anything is ridiculous. If my fellow citizens want a job, then they need to market themselves accordingly.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should we open the borders?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Because I've heard all this BS about opening border, amnesty and the like from people who are generally wanting to make sure they keep their low wage, low skilled employees in this country. It's their business model that gives them a leg up on 'legal' American companies.

    I've ask that question at least a couple of times in this thread with NO answer so I'm going to assume that's exactly why you posted this thread and support it so vigorously. Not my fault you can't be up front about your intentions.
    It's not relevant, that's why I'm not answering you. It's none of your business. We're having a political debate here, you need to get on board with that.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •