View Poll Results: Should we do away with marriage as a legal status?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    20 42.55%
  • No.

    26 55.32%
  • Knibb High football rules!

    1 2.13%
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 291 to 294 of 294

Thread: Should we do away with marriage as a legal status?

  1. #291
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Should we do away with marriage as a legal status?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post
    If I could find myself an American wife, I could bypass the need to invest a million dollars and hire ten full time Americans in order to get a visa to live there. I would also be eligible for citizenship two years earlier. You call that sensible?
    Well maybe not, but I don't find that requirement sensible either, nor do I think most who marry foreigners do so for that reason. In any case, there are plenty non-monetary aspects to marriage.

  2. #292
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Should we do away with marriage as a legal status?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    1) We're talking about not legally married couples, Einstein. Are you seriously this slow? Keep up...
    2) Harder to do without being legally married
    3) They are both issues
    4) Yes it is
    5) Nope, it should be abolished
    6) Negative, they prove the opposite
    7) Right, in your little mind.



    8.)I've already demonstrated why the government being involved in the marriage business coerces people to get legally married rather than religious institutions alone.

    9.)If your argument made sense (which it doesn't), then nobody would ever bother getting legally married. They would just have their wedding and that would be that. Obviously there is an incentive to get legally married, which is the result of the government being involved with the marriage business to begin with. You fail at logic, completely.
    1.) LMAO i think you are in the wrong conversation. You stated the lie that marriage is forced etc etc and is needed for kids, for paternity its not LMAO
    and if you are talking nonlegal marriage you are even MORE wrong because nonlegal marriage has ZERO to do with paternity.

    you are the only one behind and you just proved it, FAIL lmao

    2.) no its not at all this is 100% false
    3.) nope not to the toic being discussed
    4.) 100% false, again do you live in america because you are clueless about rights and laws
    5.) well come up with a logical argument then because so far you havent
    6.) lie all you want facts prove you wrong, if you disagree by all means PLEASE post facts supporting your false claim we'd love to read them lol
    7.) again i have posted facts and you have posted nothing buy your failed opinion

    laws/rights/facts > than your opinion lol

    8.) no you havent you have only listed your OPINION, you listed ZERO facts support force/coercion ZERO

    9.) yes there is INCENTIVE to get married legal, to have government protect your rights DUH its the reason for EVERY CONTRACT

    thats that whole point and part of the FACTS that im pointing out, you lose again

    let me know when you can post FACTS to support your false claim, we'll be here waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    09-02-13 @ 03:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: Should we do away with marriage as a legal status?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) LMAO i think you are in the wrong conversation. You stated the lie that marriage is forced etc etc and is needed for kids, for paternity its not LMAO
    and if you are talking nonlegal marriage you are even MORE wrong because nonlegal marriage has ZERO to do with paternity.

    you are the only one behind and you just proved it, FAIL lmao

    2.) no its not at all this is 100% false
    3.) nope not to the toic being discussed
    4.) 100% false, again do you live in america because you are clueless about rights and laws
    5.) well come up with a logical argument then because so far you havent
    6.) lie all you want facts prove you wrong, if you disagree by all means PLEASE post facts supporting your false claim we'd love to read them lol
    7.) again i have posted facts and you have posted nothing buy your failed opinion

    laws/rights/facts > than your opinion lol

    8.) no you havent you have only listed your OPINION, you listed ZERO facts support force/coercion ZERO

    9.) yes there is INCENTIVE to get married legal, to have government protect your rights DUH its the reason for EVERY CONTRACT

    thats that whole point and part of the FACTS that im pointing out, you lose again

    let me know when you can post FACTS to support your false claim, we'll be here waiting
    1) I think you are too slow to keep up. We're talking about how the government being involved in the marriage business coerces people to seek out the governments services. Thus, let's say you simply had a wedding as a religious ceremony and did not get the government piece of paper that says you are "married." Would this be sufficient to change an immigrant status? To claim your wife as a dependent? Insurance? Taxes? The answer is no. Try to keep up buddy.
    2) Yes it is.
    3) Yes it is.
    4) Yes it is.
    5) I have, you are just too slow to understand it.
    6) Who is this "we," do you have a mouse in your pocket?
    7) Yes, in your little mind I'm sure that is true.
    8) Just because you are too slow to pick it up doesn't mean it was not demonstrated.
    9) If your argument is that there is an incentive to get married legally, then how on Earth did you come to believe that you were arguing against me. Do you even know what my argument is?

  4. #294
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Should we do away with marriage as a legal status?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    1) I think you are too slow to keep up. We're talking about how the government being involved in the marriage business coerces people to seek out the governments services. Thus, let's say you simply had a wedding as a religious ceremony and did not get the government piece of paper that says you are "married." Would this be sufficient to change an immigrant status? To claim your wife as a dependent? Insurance? Taxes? The answer is no. Try to keep up buddy.
    2) Yes it is.
    3) Yes it is.
    4) Yes it is.
    5) I have, you are just too slow to understand it.
    6) Who is this "we," do you have a mouse in your pocket?
    7) Yes, in your little mind I'm sure that is true.
    8) Just because you are too slow to pick it up doesn't mean it was not demonstrated.
    9) If your argument is that there is an incentive to get married legally, then how on Earth did you come to believe that you were arguing against me. Do you even know what my argument is?
    1.) how telling failed insults
    im aware of what you are trying to make people think but you are failing because you have ZERO facts to support your claim.
    like i said we are all two steps ahead of you
    3-6) all proven false already
    7.) the muiltiple posters that have proved you wrong
    8.) if thats whats you think simply list the FACTS for us LMA
    9.) yes per your own words below your argument is that there force and coercion which has already been destroyed and there factually is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    The government has created a situation in which I am forced to use their services.
    let me know when you can post FACTS to support your false claim, we'll be here waiting, u lose again

    you have an OPINION and thats it, you FELL you are forced, you factually are not and we have already proven that
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-25-13 at 10:02 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •