View Poll Results: Is fascism left or right wing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left

    28 23.53%
  • Right

    62 52.10%
  • Neither

    20 16.81%
  • Description sucks

    9 7.56%
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 340

Thread: Is Fascism Right Wing?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    In school, I was taught that fascism was not in fact right wing, but compared to American Government, it was very much left wing. Our history class taught that the Nazi party of Germany had a meeting with the Communist Party of Germany to discuss a number of things starting on what slogans would be and what category they would say they were. Fascists were very much left wing, but they looked like right wing extremists compared to the communists, so they decided to call the communists left wing and call the fascists right wing to avoid confusion.
    Fascism is left wing because you cannot own a business or large home if you don't toe the line that the ruling party draws.. If you don't toe the line, they take your business and give it to someone who will. It is far right of either communism or socialism in that it allows private property at all. In socialism the government owns all the business and makes sure that everyone is paid equally, and in communism the gov't owns everything and makes sure that everyone has everything they need.
    So fascism is far right of communism but still pretty far left of American conservatism. It's somewhere in the middle.
    Fascism - a one party dictatorship - I think both the left and right want this, but for their party and not the other.

    forcible suppression of the opposition - Hmm, IRS, EPA, OSHA, scandals, but Nixon did the same as did LBJ. Still not left or right, but both parties seem to like this idea. How many on this site want to end Limbaugh's, Hannity, Madow or Shultz's career of spouting the party line on their shows because they have a different political philosophy.

    Private economic enterprise under central governments control - this one is all left. Yep, definitely left.

    Belligerent nationalism, racism and militarism. Probably both parties again as each party views the other party as being unpatriotic, racism, the divide the people up into groups, by race, sex, religion and more to divide and conquer in the search for votes, to make one group hate another group if that brings in more votes, yep, both parties again. Militarism - it is the same song and dance, a war under my parties president is good and a war under the other parties president is bad.

    I suppose fascism is neither left or right, Republican or Democrat, but I think both parties dream of being in power and in control like any fascist would.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Because the "left-wing", statist component is strong on both sides. The "supposed beneficiaries" - that's about slogans and marketing.
    How in the world did statism become a left-wing thing? Right wing govts control of economics/production has happend, as has left wing.



    In political science, statism (French: étatisme) is the belief that a government should control either economic or social policy, or both, to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #53
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, possibly only the basic ideas of freedom for workers, but I'm a liberal have have no illusions about Stalin..
    Well, thank god for that, in the second decade of the 21st century. The left in the 1920-1940s had plenty of "illusions".

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I hope you don't think that the fights in the streets of Berlin in '32 were just imaginary...
    Elementary struggle for power. Stalinists had exterminated Trotskyites at some point - doesn't mean there was some big ideological difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    what do you think Marxism and Leninism was? Hint: It was Communism..
    Yes, and it played no visible role during the February Revolution. Lenin himself wasn't even in the country. The rise of Bolsheviks had started around July.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Freeing workers from the monarchy and the bourgeoisie....was totalitarianism?.
    You mean - making all workers powerless slaves of the State, murdering millions of them, dispossessing peasants, etc ?
    And yes, Lenin and Trotsky were every bit as totalitarian - in theory and in practice - as Stalin.

  4. #54
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, it is just you that is confused, you keep jumping over the basics ideas.
    Please, read my first posts on this thread (##14, 19). I am not jumping over anything. I am explaining why I call things what I call them, and why I think that the standard nomenclature makes no sense.
    Last edited by Cyrylek; 05-21-13 at 05:45 PM.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    What difference does it make if it's left or right 'wing'?

    It is what it is.

    What's next - is a banana left wing or right wing? A tree? The common cold?


    'Definition of FASCISM

    1
    often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition'


    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,452
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    And how do we go about doing that?


    You had the option to vote for Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinic or Ralph Nader and you refused. No excuses.
    Public financing of elections.

    Make political ad time a condition of fcc liscensing under existing PSA structure. Include the top three parties, distribute time by lottery.

    Overhaul the mechanics of the lobbying process to better address the "redress of grievances" without biasing towards money.

    Look at the structural issues at the heart of OUR COUNTRY'S problems and address them.

    And your list of people I didn't vot for is inaccurate. I DID vote for nader once and would vote for kucinich if he ran where I live. I distrust the market fundamentalism of libertarianism, BECAUSE it fosters corruption of government.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,452
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    OR we can reduce the size and influence of the government. The problem isn't who is buying the government, its that the government has that much power in the first place.
    The people who preselect our candidates.have done so for decades. We have the government THEY paid good money for.

    They will never present candidates to us that will change that.

    We have to retake the govt FIRST.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  8. #58
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Well, thank god for that, in the second decade of the 21st century. The left in the 1920-1940s had plenty of "illusions".
    No one suffering under Stalin had those illusions, but as usual, this guilt by association is all you have for US liberals.



    Elementary struggle for power. Stalinists had exterminated Trotskyites at some point - doesn't mean there was some big ideological difference.
    Elementary means basic...so yes, basic differences between the German fascist and German socialists/communists in 32. You just defeated your point.



    Yes, and it played no visible role during the February Revolution. Lenin himself wasn't even in the country. The rise of Bolsheviks had started around July.
    "Communism had no role in the Russian Revolution".......WOW, OK!





    You mean - making all workers powerless slaves of the State, murdering millions of them, dispossessing peasants, etc ?
    Again, you just keep on tying Stalin to the neck of Marx. It is akin to saying Jefferson democracy is crap because we had Nixon.
    And yes, Lenin and Trotsky were every bit as totalitarian - in theory and in practice - as Stalin.
    LOL....of course Lenin was, except for the fact that he died before he could have any real totalitarian power......and of course Trotsky was...even though Stalin forced him out and eventually murdered him...before he could again display his totalitarian powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    Please, read my first posts on this thread (##14, 19). I am not jumping over anything. I am explaining why I call things what I call them, and why I think that the standard nomenclature makes no sense.
    Again, you are still just flat out wrong when you say that liberalism wants LESS social freedoms.

    It is a simple error you really need to correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #60
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What difference does it make if it's left or right 'wing'?

    It is what it is.

    What's next - is a banana left wing or right wing? A tree? The common cold?
    Well, this is semantic dispute, of course. But semantic drift may be a dangerous thing. For example, when the word "liberal" was appropriated by American social democrats in 1930s, it amounted to a successful propaganda coup, and the lasting (still, as we can see) confusion among friends and foes.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •