View Poll Results: Is fascism left or right wing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left

    28 23.53%
  • Right

    62 52.10%
  • Neither

    20 16.81%
  • Description sucks

    9 7.56%
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 340

Thread: Is Fascism Right Wing?

  1. #101
    Anarcho Facist
    Spriggs05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    UK
    Last Seen
    07-10-16 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,428

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I would argue that "corporatism" is simply an output of far right economics. The accumulation of wealth and power into the hand of a minority is the logical outcome of Capitalism. It hasn't been messed around with all that much, the tenants are still the same: Profits, Markets, Private Ownership. I would argue that the corporatism is simply an output of this system that leads to this system.
    I would argue that Corporatism is the coming toghether of business and government to work with one another. Capitalism to me means that government should stay out of corporations and corporations should stay out of the government. Therefore with its strong state and desire to make it stronger facists should love corporations working with them to make the state stronger. However yes the tenants are the same however Corporatism is a side product of the states interferance in the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Freedom cannot be brought by foreigners with a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The idiots on this board that fully take the republican or democrat side and think their party is the harbingers of truth and justice and the other, evil scum who are ruining the country. When you realize they're both the latter, you have reached enlightenment.

  2. #102
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I would argue that "corporatism" is simply an output of far right economics. The accumulation of wealth and power into the hand of a minority is the logical outcome of Capitalism
    No, that's the logical outcome of representative governance and the artificial monopolies it brings.

    In a real free market, if any single company or organisation gets too big for the good of the people, the people can simply switch to using a different company or organisation. If monopoly occurs in a free market, it is the result of consumer choice and stupidity, not corporate governance. Wealth and power may well fall into the hands of a minority, but if consumers don't like it and stop buying their goods, the wealth and power will go to whoever else they choose instead.

  3. #103
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I don't know why you think the world revolves around your definitions.
    The world does not. This thread does. We are being asked to tell how we use certain words, and explain why.

  4. #104
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    Interesting response. I'm just really used to so many people screaming that fascism and conservatism are the same thing and then proceeding to equate me to Hitler, so a reasonable tempered response was almost unexpected.
    The sad fact of life, when it comes to politics, most people are idiots.

    Ultimately ideologies that seek to control your life share many of the same operating principles even if they do not share the same political principles.

    Fascism and Communism have two very different political structures, one has massive power to the state, the other doesn't have a state. One stamps out the power of labor while the other is a democracy of the worker. In many ways, the ideas of the two are diametrically opposed, but when it comes to controlling people, they work in similar ways.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #105
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No one suffering under Stalin had those illusions, but as usual, this guilt by association is all you have for US liberals.
    I am not talking about any "guilt by association". I am talking about ideological kinship and resulting absolute blindness in the face of overwhelming evidence of the Communist regime's criminality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Elementary means basic...so yes, basic differences between the German fascist and German socialists/communists in 32. You just defeated your point..
    Pray tell me, how did I just manage that? The 1920-30s. There you have a dirty wave of radical socialism sweeping Europe. They are "the wave of future". Absolute power is within reach. Competing ambitious leaders differentiate on trifles and accuse each other of all mortal sins. In Germany, the Soviet puppets (incidentally, led by German-Jewish intellectuals) compete with people of very similar views who use their Jewishness to whip up a very useful anti-Semitic hysteria. Both "antagonists" have nothing but unlimited hatred for liberals, conservatives and social democrats.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Communism had no role in the Russian Revolution".......WOW, OK! ..
    Yes, "wow". Because the Russian Revolution was done by the (classical) liberals, laborites and social democrats (Mensheviks). The Bolsheviks usurped power and destroyed the Revolution. As anyone not totally brainwashed by "liberal" college professors would know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    " LOL....of course Lenin was, except for the fact that he died before he could have any real totalitarian power......and of course Trotsky was...even though Stalin forced him out and eventually murdered him...before he could again display his totalitarian powers.
    Nonsense. The Red Terror started immediately after the Bolsheviks took power, and continued, unimpeded, throughout the years when Lenin and Trotsky ruled as the all-powerful duumvirate. Stalin is perceived as The Monster only because he had more time to do exactly the same thing, with body count steadily going up.
    Last edited by Cyrylek; 05-22-13 at 06:37 AM.

  6. #106
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Now you are equating libertarianism to "Classical Liberalism", whatever bub, it becomes clear just how self centered your vocabulary is.).
    I am equating things that are exactly the same, unless you accept the self-serving portrayal of every libertarian as an infantile radical wasting time on the far fringes of our political landscape. The liberal (classical liberal) political vector was always quite well defined, and in the modern American newspeak, we are forced to say "libertarian", when we mean "liberal". In Germany, or Poland, or Scandinavia, or France, and so on - they still say "liberal" and mean "liberal", not "socialist covering his arse and dodging unpleasant semantic associations"

  7. #107
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Fascism and Communism have two very different political structures, one has massive power to the state, the other doesn't have a state.
    Lenin and Mao - creators of the two most massively powerful totalitarian states in history are laughing and clinking glasses of - whatever they use in lieu of champagne in Hell: You can do whatever you want to these people - and they still will believe in your cheapest propaganda shots - the more illogical, the better.

  8. #108
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Fascism and Communism have two very different political structures, one has massive power to the state, the other doesn't have anything but the state
    Fixed your statement for you

  9. #109
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    In other areas of the world, Fascism was a part of the right-wing. The United States has never known Fascism. The right-wing of our political arena is a proponent of small government. The left wing, however, is a proponent for big government. Fascism is massive government, therefore, Fascism in the US would be a left-wing idea.
    This is not accurate. "Left" and "right" are extremely malleable terms (as several posters have correctly pointed out). In the end, "conservative" is what conservative does; same with liberal.

    So we can look at what the right wing and left wing does in our (ie north American) arena; or we can play No True Scotsman.

    So, if the political Right opposes Big government, they would of course oppose the death penalty, for starters...by far the most extreme manifestaiton of any statist government, and one of its organizing principles, at least de facto.

    Some people mistake "big" or "small" government as being terms almost entirely to do with taxes, social programs, "entitlements" and so on. But these are only aspects, and not even the most important.

    Authoritarianism and "big government" have a lot of different components.

    so for example, there are some Westerners (including the late Ms. Thatcher) who have the unmitigated nerve to laud Pinochet (a right-winger) for his "small government" and "economic freedoms."

    In other words, running a gigantic imprisonment, torture and murder regime is not "big government"; but raising taxes is!

    ...for perhaps the most admirable among the admirable laws of Nature is the survival of the weakest.
    --Vladimir Nabokov

  10. #110
    Imposition of miscellany
    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,193

    Re: Is Fascism Right Wing?

    Of course it's Right Wing. What an odd question.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •