View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    52 73.24%
  • Nah, it's not an impeachable offense

    19 26.76%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 188

Thread: If Obama knew....

  1. #131
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Such as?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    If you add up all the wrong from this leader, we have more than enough to remove him from office.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #132
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You are misunderstanding this so completely I hardly know where to begin. The IRS was singling out tea party groups applying for tax exempt status based on their names because a group called "tea party patriots" is less likely to qualify for tax exempt status than a group called "Methodist hospice" or something. It was to catch tax cheats. This so damned obvious to anybody not pushing a political agenda!
    I'm not. If that was the case then there wouldn't be an issue and there would be no need for an apology by the IRS. They used search criteria that singled out conservative groups, the tea party in particular. We're not a one party system, if they went after more than one side there would be no problem here.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  3. #133
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,259

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    No. Not that he wouldn't deserve it, but this would make him a living martyr to the Thoughtless Hordes.

    I want the Fruits of the Tree of Silly Thinking top be consumed by a full eight years of Obama, that people may learn what happens when childish fantasies are substituted for serious adult thinking and hard choices informed by natural limitations. I want Statists to eat every bitter, poisonous bite, so that they either join the real world, or avoid political activities including voting out of shame.

    None of that will happen if Obama is impeached convicted and given an Get Out of Responsibility card.
    Very well said. I completely agree.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Such as?
    the fact that you are asking it laughable

  5. #135
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: If Obama knew....

    You dont have a single thing, admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    the fact that you are asking it laughable
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    You dont have a single thing, admit it.
    1. Benghazi
    2. IRS civil rights scandal
    3. ACA - forced commerce
    4. Debt growth like we have never seen before
    5. Further reductions in the size of the middle class

    That is a short list, more than enough to keep you busy

  7. #137
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    1. Benghazi
    2. IRS civil rights scandal
    3. ACA - forced commerce
    4. Debt growth like we have never seen before
    5. Further reductions in the size of the middle class

    That is a short list, more than enough to keep you busy
    So far the right has demonstrated no wrong doing at all by this administration. The only thing with a shred of inpropriaty is hte IRS and it was at a very low level, it has just been played up so the right winger can grandstand and blog on. 3, 4, and 5 are far from criminal. This kinda stuff only plays in one of those far right wing forums that wont let any outside thought in. There is nothing here that rises to impeachment levels. Step away from the RW blogoshpere and look around a little. If you have some sort of offense that might rise to that level what is it? There is no there there on the right. Really.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #138
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,045

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    If Obama knew what the IRS was doing to conservative groups and allowed it to occur, would you support going forward with impeachment?
    If he knew that the IRS was going after conservative groups while ignoring all others and allowed it to happen, or tried to cover it up, I'd be all for impeachment. But that's not what happened. As far as we know only 1/3 of the groups pulled out for increased scrutiny were actually tea party type groups, and I'm not aware of any of them that were actually denied. Along with that, the laws allow these groups to exist without filing with the IRS for a long time, so I don't understand why the Obama admin would try to stick it to conservatives by not even denying, but merely asking further questions, for a designation that was in no way time sensitive.

    It was wrong for anyone to put the terms "tea party" and such on a list for screening, they never should have done it, and who ever did it should be fired, but trying to link this to the whitehouse is another wild goose chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #139
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: If Obama knew....

    I agree completely. This is just right wing outrage, and it never seems to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    If he knew that the IRS was going after conservative groups while ignoring all others and allowed it to happen, or tried to cover it up, I'd be all for impeachment. But that's not what happened. As far as we know only 1/3 of the groups pulled out for increased scrutiny were actually tea party type groups, and I'm not aware of any of them that were actually denied. Along with that, the laws allow these groups to exist without filing with the IRS for a long time, so I don't understand why the Obama admin would try to stick it to conservatives by not even denying, but merely asking further questions, for a designation that was in no way time sensitive.

    It was wrong for anyone to put the terms "tea party" and such on a list for screening, they never should have done it, and who ever did it should be fired, but trying to link this to the whitehouse is another wild goose chase.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    So far the right has demonstrated no wrong doing at all by this administration. The only thing with a shred of inpropriaty is hte IRS and it was at a very low level, it has just been played up so the right winger can grandstand and blog on. 3, 4, and 5 are far from criminal. This kinda stuff only plays in one of those far right wing forums that wont let any outside thought in. There is nothing here that rises to impeachment levels. Step away from the RW blogoshpere and look around a little. If you have some sort of offense that might rise to that level what is it? There is no there there on the right. Really.
    Partisan much? 1&2 is more than enough to get him out, the other three are just icing on the cake. This is not partisan and to associate this with left or right is asinine.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •