View Poll Results: Vote:

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

    52 73.24%
  • Nah, it's not an impeachable offense

    19 26.76%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 188

Thread: If Obama knew....

  1. #111
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,930

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's not a straw man, Cardinal, it is a direct quote from you. You accused the IRS of trying to "bring down" conservative groups, without any evidence of this motive. They are your own words.

    Timaty the chief executive bears responsiblility for failings of the IRS. But it is irrelevan because nothing wrong happened here.
    So you don't know what power the executive has in who the IRS investigates then. Fine. You're useless to me -- be off with you.

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    L
    No. They singled out groups with tea party and patriot inthe name because they are more likely to be pushing the definition of 501c4. It was apolitical.
    The you're calling Lois Lerner a liar? Alrighty then.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    I never assumed any motive...

    I'm not arguing either way for any motive I'm just simply pointing out that many of those groups were targeted because of their name because of the search criteria used and not as you claimed in your previous post because they were more likely to be a tax cheat.

    I call things as they are and in this case it's pretty clear especially when we have a top IRS official apologizing for singling out groups by using the search criteria that they did.
    You are misunderstanding this so completely I hardly know where to begin. The IRS was singling out tea party groups applying for tax exempt status based on their names because a group called "tea party patriots" is less likely to qualify for tax exempt status than a group called "Methodist hospice" or something. It was to catch tax cheats. This so damned obvious to anybody not pushing a political agenda!

  4. #114
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    The you're calling Lois Lerner a liar? Alrighty then.
    No, quite the contrary. That's a paraphrase from a Lois Lerner quote.

    Geez, will you stop at nothing to create a scandal where there is none? Have you no shame? Does intellectual honesty mean anything to you?

  5. #115
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So you don't know what power the executive has in who the IRS investigates then. Fine. You're useless to me -- be off with you.
    This is pathetic. You just can't bear to admit I bested you with simple facts. Symptomatic of the dishonesty that pervades this whole phony scandal.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    So their methods in their search criteria was stupidity on the part of the irs.
    Their methods were probably unconstitutional, hence the apology. But the government does unconstitutional things all the time, usually they are pretty shameless. What is different about this? Only selective outrage by the tea party trying to gin up a scandal by loudly complaining and making insinuations about apolitical bureaucrats at an unpopular agency.

  7. #117
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,930

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    This is pathetic. You just can't bear to admit I bested you with simple facts. Symptomatic of the dishonesty that pervades this whole phony scandal.
    If I set the bar for "besting" people as low as you I'd be winning every debate too.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If I set the bar for "besting" people as low as you I'd be winning every debate too.
    Sure, it was a pretty low bar because you have such a terrible argument. Defeating you is no great achievement.

  9. #119
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No, quite the contrary. That's a paraphrase from a Lois Lerner quote.

    Geez, will you stop at nothing to create a scandal where there is none? Have you no shame? Does intellectual honesty mean anything to you?
    Yes, intellectual honesty means a great deal to me. I'm glad that you're thinking about this too and am looking forward to your applying some of the required principles.

  10. #120
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,930

    Re: If Obama knew....

    Aaaaanyway, I'm still curious what power the president has in this case. Anybody who believes the IRS scandal is a scandal for the President as well should be able to answer this.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •