View Poll Results: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 35.71%
  • No

    36 64.29%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    That is a talking point used by people to try to diminish this scandal. At this point we do not know how high up the chain of command this will go.
    All we have at this point are talking points, you want to amplify it to a scandal to fit your agenda. We know what Watergate lead to, we shall see where this (I believe) trumped up set of talking points leads.

    I just find it funny how cons still want their Watergate level scandal against a Dem. Such old scores, we didn't do it to Nixon, Nixon did it to himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #72
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    I don't think it's worse because watergate effectively stole the election by using solen campaign strategy data to give Nixon an unfair advantage in a direct debate. The IRS stuff didnt have any net effect other than created red tape for tea party groups, which very well might have given them more resolve to work toward smaller, less breacratic government.

    Secondly, I've been so burned out on the anti-Obama stuff, its hard for me to not separate this from all the other stuff and I really don't care. Apparently I'm not the only one. A CNN poll released this morning says Obama's approval rating has actually gone up, just 2 points and within the margin of error technically indicating no change at all. I wonder how this is effecting the electability of congressmen in 2014 if at all. For me I'm just too exhausted to care anymore about what critics of Obama have to say due to the onslaught of anti-obama stupidness since 2008.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  3. #73
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Do you know for a fact that the president was not involved? Do you know for a fact that David Axelrod, who was the senior strategist for the re-election campaign for Obama in 2012 was not involved? I suggest that you do not and that is why we are going to have hearings on this and when we find out the truth we will have trials and people will go to prison. Mark my word, people will go to prison over this.
    You are not operating on facts, you are not even operating on historical equivalences. You can't even call something a WH scandal went there are of as yet any connections to the WH.

    If you knew the long history of Nixon's dirty tricks, going back to his days in CA, his being the right hand man of Joe McCarthy, his dealings with the Vietnamese prior to the 68 elections....it just goes on and on....you would reach an understanding that there is no comparison to this President.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #74
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are not operating on facts, you are not even operating on historical equivalences. You can't even call something a WH scandal went there are of as yet any connections to the WH.

    If you knew the long history of Nixon's dirty tricks, going back to his days in CA, his being the right hand man of Joe McCarthy, his dealings with the Vietnamese prior to the 68 elections....it just goes on and on....you would reach an understanding that there is no comparison to this President.
    The inspector general gave Republicans some fodder Friday when he divulged that he informed the Treasury’s general counsel he was auditing the I.R.S.’s screening of politically active groups seeking tax exemptions on June 4, 2012. He told Deputy Treasury Secretary Neal Wolin “shortly after,” he said. That meant Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year. ~ NY Times
    The President claimed he found out about this from the media recently. That may be true but if it is his staff was keeping him in the dark. He has reason to be pissed because once again if this is true he is in fact a bystander and not a leader.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us...=pl-share&_r=0
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  5. #75
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are not operating on facts, you are not even operating on historical equivalences. You can't even call something a WH scandal went there are of as yet any connections to the WH.

    If you knew the long history of Nixon's dirty tricks, going back to his days in CA, his being the right hand man of Joe McCarthy, his dealings with the Vietnamese prior to the 68 elections....it just goes on and on....you would reach an understanding that there is no comparison to this President.
    BTW In the OP I asked the Question "Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?" That is the question, not whether or not it was connected to the White House. I do believe however that we will find that the Obama campaign was involved. It has all the earmarks of dirty Chicago politics.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #76
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    BTW In the OP I asked the Question "Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?" That is the question, not whether or not it was connected to the White House. I do believe however that we will find that the Obama campaign was involved. It has all the earmarks of dirty Chicago politics.
    This is stupid, the equivalence you set up is completely dependant upon whether or not this was a directive from the PRESIDENT...as that was the case with the bugging of the DNC offices. For this "scandal" to equal or worse to Watergate it has to be a top down situation.

    Apparently you don't understand your comparison on multiple levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #77
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is stupid, the equivalence you set up is completely dependant upon whether or not this was a directive from the PRESIDENT...as that was the case with the bugging of the DNC offices. For this "scandal" to equal or worse to Watergate it has to be a top down situation.

    Apparently you don't understand your comparison on multiple levels.
    I understand perfectly that the severity of the scandals is based on who they were directed towards. Watergate was politicians on politicians. The IRS scandal is based on the government attacking grass roots organizations, religious organizations, and individual citizens based on their political or religious ideologies. The premise of my question was not based on the involvement of Nixon or Obama. It's my ****ing question who are you to tell me what it's based on. ****ing liberals piss me off.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #78
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I understand perfectly that the severity of the scandals is based on who they were directed towards. Watergate was politicians on politicians. The IRS scandal is based on the government attacking grass roots organizations, religious organizations, and individual citizens. The premise of my question was not based on the involvement of Nixon or Obama. It's my ****ing question who are you to tell me what it's based on. ****ing liberals piss me off.
    You just didn't think out the implication of your non-equivalence and you are trying to compare a well understood WH criminal action to a undisclosed investigation into a satellite IRS office.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #79
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You just didn't think out the implication of your non-equivalence and you are trying to compare a well understood WH criminal action to a undisclosed investigation into a satellite IRS office.
    You know what it doesn't matter. We will see when the facts come out. In the meantime you can continue to support an ineffective bystander and chief and I will support the organizations who are attempting to remove him from the white house before he does anymore damage. Have a nice day liberal. And I say that with venom and disgust.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  10. #80
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Is the IRS scandal worse than Watergate?

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    You know what it doesn't matter. We will see when the facts come out. In the meantime you can continue to support an ineffective bystander and chief and I will support the organizations who are attempting to remove him from the white house before he does anymore damage. Have a nice day liberal. And I say that with venom and disgust.
    Of course it matters....TO YOUR ARGUMENT.

    Beyond that, I bet you will have continuing disappointment with your "goals", I sure hope they don't involve illegal acts that your side is prone to, Watergate et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •