View Poll Results: Should miller retire with full benefits

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes retire with full benefits

    6 30.00%
  • no, he should lose all retirement benefits

    7 35.00%
  • Steve should do hard time in prison

    7 35.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    He fulfilled the requirements and is entitled to his retirement package.
    Like hell.

    That'd be like a Marine for the last 19 years stick around after committing murder because he "fulfilled the requirements".

  2. #22
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,532

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    He targeted conservative groups and you say he fulfilled his requirements. Connect the dots.
    You can look at this whole thing as the "Chicago way" or the American Way" because I'm sure Texas works the same damned way.

    IRS scandal a reminder of how I learned about the Chicago Way - chicagotribune.com

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You can look at this whole thing as the "Chicago way" or the American Way" because I'm sure Texas works the same damned way.

    IRS scandal a reminder of how I learned about the Chicago Way - chicagotribune.com
    Steve is being rewarded for corruption in the IRS on his watch, end of story.

  4. #24
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    He fulfilled the requirements? So I guess you are admitting obama asked him to target right leaning groups huh. SHEESH!
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Steve is being rewarded for corruption in the IRS on his watch, end of story.
    You do realize, of course, that Miller was not in charge of the IRS when all of this occurred. The man in charge of the IRS at the time was Douglas Shulman, a Bush appointee, who served in the role from 3/24/08 to 11/9/12... but, of course, as a well-informed DP poster, posting only from his superior command of facts, you already knew that.

    Commissioner of Internal Revenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is no reason Mr. Miller should not receive full benefits. His primary sin is being on watch when the prisoners were discovered to be missing.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    You do realize, of course, that Miller was not in charge of the IRS when all of this occurred. The man in charge of the IRS at the time was Douglas Shulman, a Bush appointee, who served in the role from 3/24/08 to 11/9/12... but, of course, as a well-informed DP poster, posting only from his superior command of facts, you already knew that.

    Commissioner of Internal Revenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    There is no reason Mr. Miller should not receive full benefits. His primary sin is being on watch when the prisoners were discovered to be missing.
    Then why did obama ask for his resignation?

    EDIT: Actually the person in charge during the IRS scandal was a woman who got a 100k bonus and got promoted to running the IRS division on obamacare.


    EDIT: WASHINGTON – The IRS official who led the tax-exempt organizations unit when Tea Party groups were targeted is now in charge of the IRS office responsible for ObamaCare, two Capitol Hill sources told Fox News.

    The acknowledgement comes after the administration announced that the official’s successor Joseph Grant -- who had only been on the job a few days -- would be retiring. And it fueled criticism of the agency, as the outgoing IRS commissioner prepared to face lawmakers’ questions at a hearing Friday morning.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2TkxnnHpu
    Last edited by sawyerloggingon; 05-19-13 at 01:25 PM.

  6. #26
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,532

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Steve is being rewarded for corruption in the IRS on his watch, end of story.
    That POV is too simplistic.

    If he is found guilty of wrong doing, he faces a jail term, and part of any sentencing deal will include pulling his pension. If he can't be convicted, then yanking his pension would be highly suspect and will result in a lawsuit.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    SUPPOSEDLY he was fired for doing something wrong, supposedly.
    and your point is what exactly regarding his pension?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Steve is being rewarded for corruption in the IRS on his watch, end of story.
    Actually, he is merely getting the benefits he has earned over a career.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Like hell.

    That'd be like a Marine for the last 19 years stick around after committing murder because he "fulfilled the requirements".
    Actually it is nothing like it. As Robert DeNiro said in THE DEERHUNTER

    This is this, this isn't something else - this is this.

    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #30
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,221

    Re: Should Steven Miller retire with full benefits

    Why are there no sane options in these polls?

    I say let him retire with full benefits, unless he is convicted of wrongdoing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •