View Poll Results: How did you vote

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • married or in long term relationship voted obama

    4 66.67%
  • single and voted obama

    0 0%
  • lesbian but in long term relationship voted obama

    2 33.33%
  • single and lib but voted Romney

    0 0%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 171 to 174 of 174

Thread: For liberal women only

  1. #171
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,462

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    We both know where that leads and we both know what is behind it.
    Do "we"?


    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I doubt many people ever thought the government would at some point give themselves the authority to know what people are doing towards their health years ago and yet that is exactly what they know today.
    So what is it exactly that you think the government knows?

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Do "we"?
    Yes. We both know the only place it leads is to social justice hogwash.


    So what is it exactly that you think the government knows?
    I already told you.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,462

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes. We both know the only place it leads is to social justice hogwash.
    Well, I don't recall saying anything about "social justice" the entire time I've been here at DP. So what is it about social justice that "we both know" that only you seem to know?

    I already told you.
    Did you? I must have missed it.

    The argument that price of a good would somehow warrant the government acting to resolve that problem or to worse take over the distribution of that good is ludicrous and from understanding the only way you could somehow argue such a thing is to use an emotional argument geared towards some kind of idea of social justice. Of course, justice has nothing to do with your idea at all, but then, that is usually the way it goes with such ideas.
    Are you trying to talk about health care? I don't understand your argument about social justice. Isn't social justice the core of Jesus's teachings in the Bible and taught in almost every Christian church in the country? But you make it sound like a dirty word. Is it the word "social" that bothers you? No, it appears to be the word "justice". Sorry, but I don't know wtf you're talking about so I guess that means "we both" don't know either.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Well, I don't recall saying anything about "social justice" the entire time I've been here at DP. So what is it about social justice that "we both know" that only you seem to know?
    You were referring to it, even if you did so inadvertently.

    Did you? I must have missed it.
    Yes, I did.

    Are you trying to talk about health care? I don't understand your argument about social justice. Isn't social justice the core of Jesus's teachings in the Bible and taught in almost every Christian church in the country?
    No, Social justice has nothing to do with Jesus.

    Is it the word "social" that bothers you? No, it appears to be the word "justice". Sorry, but I don't know wtf you're talking about so I guess that means "we both" don't know either.
    I doubt many people thought they wouldn't be able to afford health care unless they bought health insurance, either...but here we are....at the mercy of private insurance companies with little or no consumer protection from being denied coverage.
    Lets see when the government ended the practice of being denied coverage due to a pre-existing conditions one the underlining themes laid out by its supporters was that it was unfair that these people were denied due to sickness. Of course, what is the objective of forcing insurance companies to cover these individuals? Social justice. It's always about equality, fairness, or what people need or in some cases want. If people need food the government should help those in need to obtain it. If people need housing the government should house those individuals or help them towards buying a home. If people need healthcare/insurance and someone is denying them access those people should be forced to comply and if its just too expensive the government should assume control over it.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-19-13 at 03:49 AM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •