View Poll Results: How did you vote

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • married or in long term relationship voted obama

    4 66.67%
  • single and voted obama

    0 0%
  • lesbian but in long term relationship voted obama

    2 33.33%
  • single and lib but voted Romney

    0 0%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 174

Thread: For liberal women only

  1. #151
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Um......no............ Are you crying "flame bait" and "hijack" because you're uncomfortable with answering any question that makes you think a little deeper about your political viewpoint?
    Lets recap shall we?.....

    I asked you...."if you know of a better protection for privacy and individual rights than the constitution or the government, then lets hear it."

    Your response was another question: "Well, why don't we just go full Socialism then? After all, we can trust the government to protect us, right?"

    Unfortunately, you failed to answer what you would replace the protection of our rights or the constitution with.

    And my second question, "what would you prefer, a government that protects everyone's rights or only those with lots of money?"

    Your answer was another question: "As in, full Socialism is a "government that protects everyone's rights"?

    So really the only deep thinking your answers have inspired is that you think the Constitution is nothing but pure socialism and you'd replace it with a totaltiarian, oligarichy, authoritarian, facist, dictatorshisp that favors the rich.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have no reason to respond to your argument. In order for it to justify a response from me it would have to somehow attempt to warrant government action.
    Good, then don't respond....I'm sure I won't miss a thing if you don't.

  3. #153
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So really the only deep thinking your answers have inspired is that you think the Constitution is nothing but pure socialism and you'd replace it with a totaltiarian, oligarichy, authoritarian, facist, dictatorshisp that favors the rich.
    Um, no again. I love how you're responding to what you want me to say instead of what I'm actually saying.

    Let's recap with actual quotes so it's easier to read. Here's how it began:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    If you want to look at it that way then everything in life can be an intrusion into one's private life. But the government is the only legal protection we have in preventing private entities from invading our private lives and using our private information against us. So if you know of a better protection for privacy and individual rights than the constitution or the government, then lets hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Well, why don't we just go full Socialism then? After all, we can trust the government to protect us, right?
    To which you directly replied:

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Well what would you prefer, a government that protects everyone's rights or only those with lots of money?
    That was a direct reply to my question about Socialism. So, obviously, I had to ask this question to clarify what you actually believed "a government that protects everyone's rights" was:

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    As in, full Socialism is a "government that protects everyone's rights"?
    And all you could come up with was...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are you invoking "socialism" to flame bait me, Josie? Sure looks like it.
    LOL!

    Your reply to me asking if we should go "full Socialism" was "Well, do you want everyone's rights protected or not?" and then...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So really the only deep thinking your answers have inspired is that you think the Constitution is nothing but pure socialism and you'd replace it with a totaltiarian, oligarichy, authoritarian, facist, dictatorshisp that favors the rich.
    What YOU implied was that a government that protects everyone's rights was Socialism. The Constitution DOES protect everyone's rights (not just the rich), therefore, you believe the Constitution is a Socialist document.

    I am a libertarian so your idea that I want a massive, Fascistic government is laughable.


  4. #154
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Um, no again. I love how you're responding to what you want me to say instead of what I'm actually saying.

    Let's recap with actual quotes so it's easier to read. Here's how it began:

    To which you directly replied:

    That was a direct reply to my question about Socialism. So, obviously, I had to ask this question to clarify what you actually believed "a government that protects everyone's rights" was:

    And all you could come up with was...

    LOL!

    Your reply to me asking if we should go "full Socialism" was "Well, do you want everyone's rights protected or not?" and then...

    What YOU implied was that a government that protects everyone's rights was Socialism. The Constitution DOES protect everyone's rights (not just the rich), therefore, you believe the Constitution is a Socialist document.

    I am a libertarian so your idea that I want a massive, Fascistic government is laughable.
    All that and you still haven't answered the one question that I asked you in the first place......

    "....if you know of a better protection for privacy and individual rights than the constitution or the government, then lets hear it."

    I didn't bring up socialism, you did, josie. So I'm going to ask you once again and as clear and as simple as I possibly can....

    What do you have, or propose, or suggest, that would protect everyone's individual rights and specifically the right to privacy better than the Constitution, the BoR and the Government that enforces it?

  5. #155
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    "....if you know of a better protection for privacy and individual rights than the constitution or the government, then lets hear it."
    The job of the federal government is to protect our privacy and individual rights. That doesn't mean they are to run every aspect of our lives. I understand that YOU think that would be a great thing, but I certainly don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I didn't bring up socialism, you did, josie.
    Sure you did. It's what you want, you just won't call it that because it's some sort of "Bogeyman" word to you.


  6. #156
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    The job of the federal government is to protect our privacy and individual rights.
    See, now that wasn't so hard to admit, now was it? Maybe I should put your quote in my sig so you don't forget it. lol

    That doesn't mean they are to run every aspect of our lives.
    Thats true, too.

    I understand that YOU think that would be a great thing, but I certainly don't.
    For a so called Libertarian you sure like to tell people what they think. So why don't you just admit that you like to tell them what to do in their private lives, too?

    Sure you did. It's what you want, you just won't call it that because it's some sort of "Bogeyman" word to you.
    Unlike you, I know what I said and what I think and no one is going to tell me otherwise, least of all you.

  7. #157
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So why don't you just admit that you like to tell them what to do in their private lives, too?
    I'm sorry, what? Whatever gave you that idea?


  8. #158
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Whatever gave you that idea?
    When you first brought up birth control and then tried to tell me what I think and tried to put words in my mouth.

  9. #159
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    When you first brought up birth control and then tried to tell me what I think and tried to put words in my mouth.
    So because I "put words in your mouth" I like to tell people what to do in their private lives? How did that even make sense in your head?


  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: For liberal women only

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Good, then don't respond....I'm sure I won't miss a thing if you don't.
    Believe me you do not want to me humor your argument as serious. The argument that price of a good would somehow warrant the government acting to resolve that problem or to worse take over the distribution of that good is ludicrous and from understanding the only way you could somehow argue such a thing is to use an emotional argument geared towards some kind of idea of social justice. Of course, justice has nothing to do with your idea at all, but then, that is usually the way it goes with such ideas.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •