View Poll Results: Israel or Palestine?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Israel. The UN created it for a reason

    23 31.51%
  • Palestine. It was their land.

    18 24.66%
  • Israel, but the land the UN gave them when first made.

    15 20.55%
  • Other (post below)

    17 23.29%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 97

Thread: Israel and Palestine

  1. #51
    Non-Passive Pascifist
    Gandhi>Bush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mesquite, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-11-06 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    MODERATOR GAVEL



    teacher, you've crossed the line. Such open malice will get this thread thrown in the basement. It was a fairly civilized debate until your last post. This is very interesting and your points could have more wieght and be taken more seriously if you removed the anger and your raging superiority from your post. Pretty please, with sugar on top, be civil. Have a nice day .
    I will let no man drag me down so low as to make me hate him. - Booker T. Washington

    Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. - Mohandas K Gandhi

    http://img287.echo.cx/img287/1156/ghandibush5kp.jpg

    Props to ArchEnemy. My signature rocks hard.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    Sorry boss. Sometimes defending the targeting of children with bombs just chaps my ass. Call em like I see em.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    Allem.

    Do you agree with the Qu'ran about converting or killing all non believers?

    Should the Jews be kicked out entirely of the middle east?

    Please defend your countries abysmal PRESENT human rights record.

    If you are backed by GOD why do you keep losing?

    Can you step away from religious dogma and deal with this issue with facts, logic, and morality?

    If America came up with alternative energy sources today, stop buying oil, pull completely out of the middle east, taking the Jews with us, would it then be okay to stop blowing up everything terrorists can sneak up to? And how the hell would the oil producing countries survive?

    Do you condone the Koran scriptures about the beating of women?

    Should women be allowed to read?
    Work?
    Vote?
    Hold public office?
    Dress how they want?
    Pick their own husbands?
    Teach?

    Do you condone the killing of Jewish and Christian tourists in your country?

    Do you think the Jews target children specifically or they are collateral damage?

    That better boss? But dad, he called me thief first.

    What's a henweigh?

    Did you see your foreign minister or something about a month ago completely dodge Tim Russerts question about your countries human rights record. How embarrassing.

  4. #54
    Non-Passive Pascifist
    Gandhi>Bush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mesquite, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-11-06 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    The pictures he showed were of Palestinians and children, not of terrorists. Do you see the difference?

    The Quran verse he posted, if you read it, was one overlooked by most who seek to twist the religion of Islam into a hateful and violent one.

    Do you condone the Koran scriptures about the beating of women?
    Do you condone the bible verses about the place of women?

    Do you condone the bible verses that allow slavery?

    Do you condone the bible verses about mass genocide?
    I will let no man drag me down so low as to make me hate him. - Booker T. Washington

    Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. - Mohandas K Gandhi

    http://img287.echo.cx/img287/1156/ghandibush5kp.jpg

    Props to ArchEnemy. My signature rocks hard.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    Been waiting a long time for this question. Of course I don't condone any of that. I've been Christian since the third grade. The born again who quote all scripture and verse the entire bible are the same type of religiously controlled mindless sheep as many Muslims. In debates I often use the point of there being rules in the bible about beating your slave to knock down their piousness. The Jesus I know would not agree with that very much. Let alone the mere fact of owning slaves. My point being a lot of the bible is a tool written by man for control and justification of their brutal actions. Same as the Koran. But, go find yourself a red letter bible. In that version the words that came out of Jesus directly are wrote in red. Read those words alone and tell me if you can disagree with any of his points. Basically he says "be nice". I hear the "saved" say that no person in the world no matter how kind and lacking of sin will go to hell. I've known good Jews, Hindus, and faithless that were the nicest caring people I've ever met. There is no way the God I know would condemn those to hell just because they don't believe in the Christian god. I worked for a Hindu family whose patriarch was the religious leader of the entire Atlanta area. Good man that M.D. We talked of religion often. One day he was telling me the basic rules of his faith and I interrupted him to list the ten commandments he had not yet covered. His eyes grew large and with a big smile he asked how I knew his rules. "My friend" I said "those are my rules also". We both agreed that many different faiths are similar in their basic premise. Be good. An epiphany for us both. By the way he didn't like Muslims much either.

    How often do you hear those of Christian faith extol those parts of the bible you stated. Way under 1 percent in my experience. How often have you seen the raging sermons of mullahs talking about the great Satan. The infidels. Kill them , kill them. All the time. that I feel is the difference. They use the Koran to justify jihad. Now we hear the self righteous in this country telling sinners they are going to hell all the time. But how often do you hear them say "kill the nonbelievers". How often do they say owning of slaves is righteous and just. Never. How many Christian martyrs are there. If I die killing children the faith I believe in doesn't reward me with virgins. To contrary I'll spend eternity looking for a glass of water. Check out just the red letters Gandhi and you'll find them more similar to your moniker than those of Mohamed. Logic and morality. Right and wrong. Sin is bad. Be good. Our country doesn't use religious dogma to justify this war. Aleem does. A few choice words run through my head now for him but I'll be mostly nice. Religious zealot. Righteous murderer. Pious savage. Holy killer of children. Mohamed does not seem to preach much peace, love, kindness, and forgiving. Krishna does. Jesus does. That work for you?

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    By the way Gandhi I have no problem with you sticking up for Aleem. But is he not a big boy? If your such a lover of peace and not killing how come you don't take him to the woodshed. If you must fight his fight answer all my questions. By the way I did pretty good by not just saying, "he sucks", didn't I? And those pictures? Like I said before. If my children were bombed by Palestinians I would be covered day and night, head to toe, with Palestinian blood for a long long time. The restraint of the Jews is incomprehensible to me.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    Looked at your pictures again Aleem. Weak ass sh*t. How about you show the shredded bodies of Jewish children. If I were Jewish and there I'd be kicking the snot out of those guys daily. Guess it's a good thing I'm not. But then I'm the kind of guy that don't take no sh*t from anyone. But I'm also the first to defend the weak. Come on. Someone answer the question? You all trounce on America and Isreal but NO ONE has answered my question? Can you defend the bombing of children? Once again the rest, like your weak ass photos, is moot.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman DVD's,porn,spare change?
    Last Seen
    08-08-07 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,979

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi>Bush
    The pictures he showed were of Palestinians and children, not of terrorists. Do you see the difference?
    Of course we don't see the previous photo of those Palestinians throwing rocks at guys with guns. Are you just playing devils advocate or do you buy this swill?

  9. #59
    Non-Passive Pascifist
    Gandhi>Bush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mesquite, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-11-06 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    Quote Originally Posted by teacher
    Been waiting a long time for this question. Of course I don't condone any of that. I've been Christian since the third grade. The born again who quote all scripture and verse the entire bible are the same type of religiously controlled mindless sheep as many Muslims. In debates I often use the point of there being rules in the bible about beating your slave to knock down their piousness. The Jesus I know would not agree with that very much. Let alone the mere fact of owning slaves. My point being a lot of the bible is a tool written by man for control and justification of their brutal actions. Same as the Koran. But, go find yourself a red letter bible. In that version the words that came out of Jesus directly are wrote in red. Read those words alone and tell me if you can disagree with any of his points. Basically he says "be nice". I hear the "saved" say that no person in the world no matter how kind and lacking of sin will go to hell. I've known good Jews, Hindus, and faithless that were the nicest caring people I've ever met. There is no way the God I know would condemn those to hell just because they don't believe in the Christian god. I worked for a Hindu family whose patriarch was the religious leader of the entire Atlanta area. Good man that M.D. We talked of religion often. One day he was telling me the basic rules of his faith and I interrupted him to list the ten commandments he had not yet covered. His eyes grew large and with a big smile he asked how I knew his rules. "My friend" I said "those are my rules also". We both agreed that many different faiths are similar in their basic premise. Be good. An epiphany for us both. By the way he didn't like Muslims much either.

    How often do you hear those of Christian faith extol those parts of the bible you stated. Way under 1 percent in my experience. How often have you seen the raging sermons of mullahs talking about the great Satan. The infidels. Kill them , kill them. All the time. that I feel is the difference. They use the Koran to justify jihad. Now we hear the self righteous in this country telling sinners they are going to hell all the time. But how often do you hear them say "kill the nonbelievers". How often do they say owning of slaves is righteous and just. Never. How many Christian martyrs are there. If I die killing children the faith I believe in doesn't reward me with virgins. To contrary I'll spend eternity looking for a glass of water. Check out just the red letters Gandhi and you'll find them more similar to your moniker than those of Mohamed. Logic and morality. Right and wrong. Sin is bad. Be good. Our country doesn't use religious dogma to justify this war. Aleem does. A few choice words run through my head now for him but I'll be mostly nice. Religious zealot. Righteous murderer. Pious savage. Holy killer of children. Mohamed does not seem to preach much peace, love, kindness, and forgiving. Krishna does. Jesus does. That work for you?
    In my eyes there rally are two Qurans. The part that was written in Mecca, and the part that was written in Medina. A few examples of the conflicting Muhammeds.

    In surah 73:10 God tells Mohammed to be patient with his opponents "Be patient with what they say, and part from them courteously." While in surah 2:191 God orders him to kill his opponents "Kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from wherever they drove you out..."

    In surah 2:256 God tells Mohammed not to impose Islam by force "There is no compulsion in religion." While in verse 193 God tells him to kill whoever rejects Islam "Fight (kill) them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's."
    SOURCE

    I know for a fact that there are the same type of conflicts in the bible.

    Killing is easy, it's peace that's truly challenging. That is why the uneducated would choose the easier path. I myself, with my highschool diploma, come to brick walls and are tempted to say, "Screw it, NUKE 'EM!" because I know how easy that would be. There have been Christians in the past who have chosen the lesser verses, what happened was this beautiful thing called the renassaince(even after that it remained). "To hell with the Crusades, let's paint." That was became the new motto as opposed to "LOOK OUT JESUS IS WATCHING."
    I will let no man drag me down so low as to make me hate him. - Booker T. Washington

    Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. - Mohandas K Gandhi

    http://img287.echo.cx/img287/1156/ghandibush5kp.jpg

    Props to ArchEnemy. My signature rocks hard.

  10. #60
    Non-Passive Pascifist
    Gandhi>Bush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mesquite, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-11-06 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,742

    Re: Israel and Palestine

    Quote Originally Posted by teacher
    By the way Gandhi I have no problem with you sticking up for Aleem. But is he not a big boy? If your such a lover of peace and not killing how come you don't take him to the woodshed. If you must fight his fight answer all my questions. By the way I did pretty good by not just saying, "he sucks", didn't I? And those pictures? Like I said before. If my children were bombed by Palestinians I would be covered day and night, head to toe, with Palestinian blood for a long long time. The restraint of the Jews is incomprehensible to me.
    There is nothing that more blood would solve. Do you see what that creates, if everyone would act as you would? Your child dies, so you go out and kill a bunch of palestinians, their fathers go out and kill a bunch of teachers, etc. It goes on and on and on until everybody is dead.

    Of course we don't see the previous photo of those Palestinians throwing rocks at guys with guns. Are you just playing devils advocate or do you buy this swill?
    So when a little kid throws a rock at someone he gets ripped away from his family(Photo 17)?

    The women in the Burka(sp?) getting her shawl ripped off doesn't seem like the rock throwing kind of gal(Photo 12).

    To answer your question:

    No one. Not me or Aleem condones the killing of children. This doesn't mean that the Jews are justified in mistreating every single Palestinian like the every single one of them is a terrorists.
    I will let no man drag me down so low as to make me hate him. - Booker T. Washington

    Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. - Mohandas K Gandhi

    http://img287.echo.cx/img287/1156/ghandibush5kp.jpg

    Props to ArchEnemy. My signature rocks hard.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •