View Poll Results: Is obama an illegitimate president

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes he was elected based on a lie

    19 23.46%
  • no he was fairly elected

    62 76.54%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 163

Thread: Is obama an illegitimate president?

  1. #61
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,693

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Nixon tried to cover up a botched burglary,
    Yes, this is true. He also was involved in obstruction of justice, bribing, attempting to blackmail political opponents... yeah... "just a botched robbery".

    obama tried to cover up a botched reaction to a terrorist attack where 4 people died. You tell me which is worse.
    Obama tried to cover it up? Proof? You're not trying.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-12-13 at 09:14 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    The answer to the riddle of Wategate resides in your own instictive need to compare every political scandal to it, an instict shared by many Americans -- Watergate was an example of corruption, a direct attack on the power of the ordinary man's vote, at a time when American's mainsteam culture was unfamiliar with corruption and hadn't yet developed either coping mechanisms or a clear idea of how to respond to it. And while it is taken for granted that Nixon would have been impeached, it isn't necessarily obvious that would have really happened if it had come to a vote -- but he was concerned enough with his legacy that he preferred walking out rather than taking a chance on it or even having his presidency tarnished by the process of impeachment, whether or not it succeeded irrevelant after that point.

    Watergate has thus become an archetype that holds sway over the nation's political consciousness and shapes our every emotional and mental response to perceived corruption. However, there is very little in comparison between Bengzhai and Watergate.
    Even assuming Obama committed some sort of misconduct comparable to Nixon (and he didn't), the real question is less whether he would be impeached but rather whether he would prefer to walk out rather than face the process.

    Almost no politician after Nixon would prefer to walk out rather than face the process head on.
    I disagree, both are about covering up something potentially embarrassing except as I said people died in the event obama attempted to cover up and is still attempting to cover up. It seems obama just like Nixon and Clinton for that matter told people to lie on his behalf.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Obama tried to cover it up? Proof? You're not trying.
    You must not be watching much news lately.

  4. #64
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,693

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    You must not be watching much news lately.
    So you have no evidence that Obama himself was involved in this? If you do, bring on the impeachment.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  5. #65
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 09:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I disagree, both are about covering up something potentially embarrassing except as I said people died in the event obama attempted to cover up and is still attempting to cover up. It seems obama just like Nixon and Clinton for that matter told people to lie on his behalf.
    As far as 'embarrasing' goes, nobody investigated or questioned the embassy attacks during the Bush (or for that matter Clinton) years because nobody felt any compulsion to go farming for incriminating evidence against their political rivals in those specific situations, even though the potential for incompetence as a factor was equal to Bengzhai since all three administrations used broadly the same security protocols. The only reason why Bengzhai was even questioned at all was because Obama's opposition was desperate for anything that might influence the outcome of the Obama/Romney election, which seemed like a foregone conclusion at the time. The only reason it is being now is because the opposition is desperately trying to put Obama off balance at the start of his second term.

    Given that context, I suppose it is possible that some persons in the Obama Administration may have made some sort of effort to pervert the way information was presented in an effort to save face and so start the second term with better footing. But that doesn't make any difference to me since perverting informaiton is the only thing the right-wing machine is capable of doing. There is no reason to get worked up about two sides that are morally equal.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 05-12-13 at 09:28 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #66
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    To Legit to quit, unlike someone we know....

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    .......If obama wins though I will go sign up for disability, food stamps and whatever the hell other programs I can qualify for. Why should I work when so many others are going to get a free ride. Why should I stubbornly cling to my values and work ethic if America decides it wants socialism. You guys wants socialism I will give it to you with both barrels and smile as I watch your country go down the tubes. I am curious what other people will do if he wins and I mean real people not socialist scum who will throw a party.....
    How is that wrecking America working out for ya ?

    You a legitimate welfare queen now ?


  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    02-16-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Is Obama an illegitimate president?

    No.

    He sucks as POTUS (as GWB did before him).

    But he is legitimate in my opinion, definitely.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,357
    Blog Entries
    34

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obama ran for a second term largely on the story that Alquiada had been decimated on his watch. Then when terrorist linked to Alquiada attacked a US embassy and killed the Ambassador along with several other Americans Obama lied to the voters and said it was a spontaneous demonstration that got out of hand and was caused by a you tube video. Now that it has come out that he flat out lied and was told by the CIA it was indeed terrorism and now that it has come out that he told the CIA to delete all references to terrorism it seems he was elected for a second term largely based on a lie. It could be argued that if the voters knew from the beginning that terrorist did this it very well could have swung the election. Does this make him a president elected under false pretenses and therefor illegitimate? They took away Lance Armstrong's medals for breaking the rules and lying about it and erased all his records calling them illegitimate so what's the difference here?
    No, it wouldn’t have made a difference. The day Romney was nominated was the day Obama won his second term. Romney just wasn’t trusted by the majority of voters, you know as well as I do that even a lot of Republicans didn’t trust him and only voted for him because he wasn’t Obama. If it weren’t for the president messing up the first debate, Romney would have lost bigger than McCain did back in 2008.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,357
    Blog Entries
    34

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    As far as 'embarrasing' goes, nobody investigated or questioned the embassy attacks during the Bush (or for that matter Clinton) years because nobody felt any compulsion to go farming for incriminating evidence against their political rivals in those specific situations, even though the potential for incompetence as a factor was equal to Bengzhai since all three administrations used broadly the same security protocols. The only reason why Bengzhai was even questioned at all was because Obama's opposition was desperate for anything that might influence the outcome of the Obama/Romney election, which seemed like a foregone conclusion at the time. The only reason it is being now is because the opposition is desperately trying to put Obama off balance at the start of his second term.

    Given that context, I suppose it is possible that some persons in the Obama Administration may have made some sort of effort to pervert the way information was presented in an effort to save face and so start the second term with better footing. But that doesn't make any difference to me since perverting informaiton is the only thing the right-wing machine is capable of doing. There is no reason to get worked up about two sides that are morally equal.
    During both Clinton and Bush it was admitted right up front they were terror attacks. This one wasn't. This one was known by one and all that it was a terrorist attack, yet an attempt was made to kept that from the American people. In something like this, honesty is always the best policy. If the present administration had came right out and said Benghazi was a terrorist attack, none of what is happening now would be happening, even in today's highly partisan atmosphere.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #70
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,337

    Re: Is obama an illegitimate president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    During both Clinton and Bush it was admitted right up front they were terror attacks. This one wasn't. This one was known by one and all that it was a terrorist attack, yet an attempt was made to kept that from the American people. In something like this, honesty is always the best policy. If the present administration had came right out and said Benghazi was a terrorist attack, none of what is happening now would be happening, even in today's highly partisan atmosphere.
    Good evening, Pero.

    : Many mistakes were made that day.

    That, however, still does not answer the question of why our people did not receive the assistance they pleaded for... that never came. That's the question that most people want the answer to!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •