View Poll Results: Nationalize Schools?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 16.84%
  • No

    70 73.68%
  • Other

    9 9.47%
Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 545

Thread: Nationalizing the Education System

  1. #181
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    because it is education ,not trade
    And if it is less expensive and yields better results, then it is still wrong because someone makes a "profit" from it? I wonder, with the pay that school administrators get, including, according to a recent article (I think it might have been of Fox, but not for sure or even if so if they were just linking another source, they do that sometimes), the 14 or so states where some school administrators actually make more than the states Gov., do you consider those people as "making a profit"?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,067

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    And if it is less expensive and yields better results, then it is still wrong because someone makes a "profit" from it? I wonder, with the pay that school administrators get, including, according to a recent article (I think it might have been of Fox, but not for sure or even if so if they were just linking another source, they do that sometimes), the 14 or so states where some school administrators actually make more than the states Gov., do you consider those people as "making a profit"?
    the government should try some ways to improve the quality of education in public schools rather than to leave it to private initiatives

    it is also valid for health sector ..
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #183
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    the government should try some ways to improve the quality of education in public schools rather than to leave it to private initiatives

    it is also valid for health sector ..
    It's been screwing with the education system for over 100 years. I think it's clear.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,067

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's been screwing with the education system for over 100 years. I think it's clear.
    we have similar problems..
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Whatever money they can get their hands on. That's their reason for existence.


    You seem to have an odd sense of environment, though, I don't call a leopard or a wolf "evil" - but to each their own, I guess.
    That makes literally no sense. I can't even offer a response, because your point is entirely lost on me.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    because it is education ,not trade
    Then teachers should work for free, right?

  7. #187
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,067

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Then teachers should work for free, right?
    presidents work for free ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Ah yes because when only an elite few are allowed to be educated nothing bad ever happens.

    For more see the effects of favouritism in education in regards to post colonial countries.

    Where only one tribal group or social elites get education... tends to turn out quite badly.
    Huh?

    My school taxes are nearly twice as much as tuition to Long Island's private schools, several of which are among the best in the country.

  9. #189
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    presidents work for free ?
    Presidents work? Must be a non-American thing.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #190
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Nationalizing the Education System

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That makes literally no sense. I can't even offer a response, because your point is entirely lost on me.
    It as plain as day. What part don't you understand?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •