View Poll Results: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Be Federal Law?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I should be protected under Federal Law to be a Man and defend me and mine.

    17 70.83%
  • No, I'm a coward who should be made to run and hide.

    7 29.17%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139

Thread: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

  1. #1
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Below is a wonderful story of a man defending his home from intrusion.

    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/0...-gardner-home/

    My problem is when you watch the video, you'll hear the narrator state Law Enforcement officials advise that home owners when faced with intrusion should flee.

    This to me is the most asinine, cowardly, depend on nanny state, thinking one could have and it really is disturbing that Law Enforcement officials, who have already been proven NOT to have a constitutional obligation of protecting you and yours would tell you and me to tuck tale and flee.

    If an intruder invades my home it will be by God's grace that he is capable of leaving it vertically. I will not flee, I will fight.

    I feel that this is a universal right, not one that should be subject to review or under the purview of anyone or anybody. Therefore, it should -- in my opinion -- fall under Federal statute, not to be limited or restricted in any way by State, County, or local levels of government.

    What say you?

  2. #2
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    States rights. So no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Below is a wonderful story of a man defending his home from intrusion.

    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/0...-gardner-home/

    My problem is when you watch the video, you'll hear the narrator state Law Enforcement officials advise that home owners when faced with intrusion should flee.

    This to me is the most asinine, cowardly, depend on nanny state, thinking one could have and it really is disturbing that Law Enforcement officials, who have already been proven NOT to have a constitutional obligation of protecting you and yours would tell you and me to tuck tale and flee.

    If an intruder invades my home it will be by God's grace that he is capable of leaving it vertically. I will not flee, I will fight.

    I feel that this is a universal right, not one that should be subject to review or under the purview of anyone or anybody. Therefore, it should -- in my opinion -- fall under Federal statute, not to be limited or restricted in any way by State, County, or local levels of government.

    What say you?
    This is not on list but I will speak my mind.

    This is the same law that sparked the George Zimmerman/trayvon Martin saga. And I don't think Zimmerman acted in self defense, it was a excuse.






    Edited to add, by Goshin:

    Moderator's Warning:
    Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18] NO Martin/Zimmerman crap in this thread! M/Z stays in the M/Z forum!!
    Last edited by Goshin; 05-10-13 at 09:46 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    States rights. So no.
    This.

    Of course, there aren't very many laws that I would hold at the federal level as opposed to the state level.

  5. #5
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Would've voted YES in your poll if not for your wording.

  6. #6
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    This.

    Of course, there aren't very many laws that I would hold at the federal level as opposed to the state level.
    If I took your meaning, I personally don't think it should be up for review at any level, my life and what's mine aren't beholden to anyone but me. States Rights in this regard can only be seen as repressive to individual freedom, as a State restricting your right to defend yourself is obviously a violation of your individual liberty.

    I am a States Rights advocate to the extreme, however there are certain things which are universal and therefore wouldn't pertain.

  7. #7
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    Would've voted YES in your poll if not for your wording.

    You don't want to be a man?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    If I took your meaning, I personally don't think it should be up for review at any level, my life and what's mine aren't beholden to anyone but me. States Rights in this regard can only be seen as repressive to individual freedom, as a State restricting your right to defend yourself is obviously a violation of your individual liberty.

    I am a States Rights advocate to the extreme, however there are certain things which are universal and therefore wouldn't pertain.
    However, states can and should be allowed to determine causality and other factors. I don't want it to dwindle down to situations where, in Texas, you can shoot a Jehovah's Witness because they interrupted your basketball game with a doorbell and a copy of The Watchtower.

    States and their laws can be molded to help determine what populace they wish to have for residents. Massachusetts can have wackjob laws that will cater to the fringe-stupid anti-gun nuts and Mississippi can have thumper laws that say God mandates that you kill heathens and brown people.

  9. #9
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    this is actually a good topic to bad you ruined it with such a ****y poll.

    Anyway absolutely a FORM of castle laws should be national, just like open carry and my conceal weapons should be legal in every state.

    and the reason i stress FORM id because many states have varying degrees of this law and a suitable one should be picked, flight laws are complete BS and im glad PA got ride of them.

    also i purposely left out the stand your ground question because those laws vary way to much and some of them are very piss poorly written.
    id have to see the law and its verbiage to ever make an opinion on them.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #10
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    re: Should Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws Be Federal Law [W18]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    However, states can and should be allowed to determine causality and other factors. I don't want it to dwindle down to situations where, in Texas, you can shoot a Jehovah's Witness because they interrupted your basketball game with a doorbell and a copy of The Watchtower.

    States and their laws can be molded to help determine what populace they wish to have for residents. Massachusetts can have wackjob laws that will cater to the fringe-stupid anti-gun nuts and Mississippi can have thumper laws that say God mandates that you kill heathens and brown people.

    I see your point and can actually agree with your reasoning for about everything else but this. Your life and the lives of your family aren't under any institutions authority but your own.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •