View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #711
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Gay marriage advocates claim gay marriage should be available to anyone in any state, because a plurality of ideological judges in the originating state decreed marriage a right for all, and preventing gay marriage is discrimination. Any other explanations from gay marriage advocates for gay marriage (which are used quite frequently) is obfuscation. Gay marriage advocates are not fazed with other infactions of the 14th amendment, just the gay marriage infraction of the 14th amendment (or any other amendment).

    Gay marriage is certainly not fairness - one state's supreme court decided marriage should be for everyone in the whole union. It's socialism. It's exactness
    Does this post make sense to anyone out there?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #712
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Does this post make sense to anyone out there?
    I believe it's the same guy who kept going on about how judges who rule in favor of SSM are 'bigots.' Don't expect much sense.

  3. #713
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    I believe it's the same guy who kept going on about how judges who rule in favor of SSM are 'bigots.' Don't expect much sense.
    Yeah that would be rather strange but at least you would understand what hes saying, he'd still be wrong but as a post it wouldn't be unintelligible, unlike this last one. I mean I get he's anti-SSM but that is all I understood from the post.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #714
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Does this post make sense to anyone out there?
    nobody honest, objective and educated.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #715
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Gay marriage advocates claim gay marriage should be available to anyone in any state, because a plurality of ideological judges in the originating state decreed marriage a right for all, and preventing gay marriage is discrimination. Any other explanations from gay marriage advocates for gay marriage (which are used quite frequently) is obfuscation. Gay marriage advocates are not fazed with other infactions of the 14th amendment, just the gay marriage infraction of the 14th amendment (or any other amendment).

    Gay marriage is certainly not fairness - one state's supreme court decided marriage should be for everyone in the whole union. It's socialism. It's exactness
    Socialism is an economic system. It has nothing to do with marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Does this post make sense to anyone out there?
    I think it's the old "you can't support SSM unless you're also okay with polygamy, child marriage, marrying objects, and all other possible forms of marriage." It's a nonsensical argument, because one issue is not another issue. It would be like arguing that because it's legal to own a house cat, it must be legal to own a Bengal tiger. Different things are different. Polygamy and SSM are not the same thing, nor governed by the same factual or legal theories.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #716
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Socialism is an economic system. It has nothing to do with marriage.



    I think it's the old "you can't support SSM unless you're also okay with polygamy, child marriage, marrying objects, and all other possible forms of marriage." It's a nonsensical argument, because one issue is not another issue. It would be like arguing that because it's legal to own a house cat, it must be legal to own a Bengal tiger. Different things are different. Polygamy and SSM are not the same thing, nor governed by the same factual or legal theories.
    Well if that what you think he said personally I couldn't understand any of it
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  7. #717
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Does this post make sense to anyone out there?
    Here let me put it in my patented babbling looney bin translator:

    *bzzzzzt, click, click, bzzzt, whirrrrr, DING*

    *Results are inconclusive!

  8. #718
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    You say christians don't have the 'copyright' of marriage. Does that one plurality of state judges who decreed marriage for all have a 'copyright' of discrimination? If yes, why? If no, why?

  9. #719
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    You say christians don't have the 'copyright' of marriage. Does that one plurality of state judges who decreed marriage for all have a 'copyright' of discrimination? If yes, why? If no, why?
    Again I have no idea what this post is asking. Can anyone translate?
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  10. #720
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Again I have no idea what this post is asking. Can anyone translate?
    Honestly, I wouldn't expect a pro gay marriage ideologue to respond any other way. I don't believe that you don't understand such a straightforward question. It's obfuscation.

Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •