View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #651
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    That is such a cop out answer.
    In oriental cultures,what you just did is refered to as "saving face".
    It is an aspect of vanity.

    Please provide evidence that there will in fact be a "Judgement Day".

    In oriental
    I don't care about "oriental"
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #652
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I believe that God created the Universe, man sinned, man is in need of a Savior, God sent Christ, his son, to earth to die for our sin if we accept Him.
    Good for you.That is your right to believe.No one is trying to take that right away from you.

  3. #653
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I don't care about "oriental"
    Nor do I care what your Bible has to say.

    In my opinion you still are committing the sin of vanity.
    But that's just my beliefs.I don't insist that is actually true.

  4. #654
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Nor do I care what your Bible has to say.

    In my opinion you still (and still committing),the sin of vanity.
    Not a sin, but whatever.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #655
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not a sin, but whatever.
    Can you clarify this state statement a bit just so there is no misunderstanding?
    Are you stating that not caring what ancient writers in not a sin,or that vanity is not a sin.

  6. #656
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It is a symbol of what Christ did for us. A reminder of the ultimate passover.
    That is a quaint why to put ritualized cannibalizm. After all it is the blood of Christ

  7. #657
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,943

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No, I can't make them. However, if they are wrong, they have grave consequences, if I am wrong, then I look like a fool. However, I'm not wrong.
    Depends on what really does happen when we die. You could easily face punishment for you condemning same sex couples in the name of God just because you believe the Bible/a certain religion says so. That would be consequences for you if you are wrong. And you can't prove that you aren't wrong.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #658
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,943

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Christianity has never been proven wrong, other religions have.
    The Bible has been proven wrong in the same way that other religious texts have. No beliefs though can be proven wrong until we die and then you can't really "prove" anything to those who are still alive because you are dead.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #659
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Christianity has never been proven wrong, other religions have.
    That's seems to be a matter of opinion.

    Here is something that is not.
    Throughout it's existence,the three Abrahamic Monotheistic Religions)has had many,many followers who have bullied other religions into getting their own way,at one time or another,and at one form or another
    It started with Judaism during the early part of it's religion,that seemed to die down after the Babylon.Then for quite awhile it was Christianity's turn.That continued until sometime in mid 20th century.Now Islam seems to have a a growing number of followers begin to resume it's bullying.

  10. #660
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    How's the ideological discussion between gay marriage advocates and strict interpretators of the Bible turning out?

    You do realize, depending on your ideology, you're crushing your foe. And facts really don't play a role in the debate.

Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •