View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #631
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not really sure what your point was there....
    Then let me make it very plain.

    1-You do not own "God"
    2-You are not the only one who can "speak for God".
    3-Beliefs are not necessarily facts.
    4-If you say something is "TRUE" then the burden of responsibility falls upon YOU.
    5-No one here is required to accept any variation of "because I said so" as proof.
    6-God is fully capable of speaking for God.No one is require to take the second or third hand accounts of people thousands of years ago.
    7-Just because people wrote something thousands of years ago does not necissarilly make it "TRUE" unless there is evidence to support that.

    Hope that clarifies things a bit.

    .

  2. #632
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Clearly you don't know the real God.
    The relationship between the Supreme and an Individual is between the Supreme and THAT Individual.It has nothing to do what so ever to do with YOU.Your comment is the height of vanity.

  3. #633
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Except you pointed out something that frustrates you. Not a sin. SSM is a sin according to the God of Abraham, the one and only true God. Therefore, by arguing against that, how can that be a sin?
    Exactly what do you know what frustrates me?
    Pretty vain of you to do so.

    I argue that homosexuality is a sin according to the Abrahamic Monotheists.As someone who follows Taoism I know that Taoism does not view Homosexuality as a sin.
    If you want me to accept homosexuality as a sin,then you have to provide the evidence that is is ni fact so.
    Variations of "Because I said so" just is not acceptable to me.

    The only reason I place the line "Because you want people to accept your beliefs without question,without you having to provide any proof what so ever when asked" is because you keep providing the evidence that that is the case.

  4. #634
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Exactly what do you know what frustrates me?
    Pretty vain of you to do so.

    I argue that homosexuality is a sin according to the Abrahamic Monotheists.As someone who follows Taoism I know that Taoism does not view Homosexuality as a sin.
    If you want me to accept homosexuality as a sin,then you have to provide the evidence that is is ni fact so.
    Variations of "Because I said so" just is not acceptable to me.

    The only reason I place the line "Because you want people to accept your beliefs without question,without you having to provide any proof what so ever when asked" is because you keep providing the evidence that that is the case.
    "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

    "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." (Leviticus 18:22-24).

    "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Romans 1:26-27).

    Jude testifies about God's fiery destruction of Sodom for "sexual immorality":

    "As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

    Exactly what type of "sexual immorality" and "strange flesh" had the Sodomites "gone after"? It was homosexuality:

    "Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (Genesis 19:4-5)
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #635
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    If there's no DOMA there's no federal right for gay marriage.
    People seem to think that SSM needs to be granted as a right. That's not true at all. People have a right to it unless there's a law preventing it. That's how American law works. That's how the tenth amendment actually works.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You are twisting words. Sin was the result of a free choice.
    Which is nonsense if you believe the story. Adam and Eve didn't have the knowledge to make an informed choice until they sinned and ate the fruit. Their big crime was believing the snake, but they had no concept of good or evil and thus couldn't understand lying. God set up a test that they were designed to fail. He created people with the naivety and understanding of children and then punished them for not acting like adults.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    No I'm not twisting words. Why would god create gays in the first place then make a rule against it?
    Well, if you read the bible, you'll find out that god is kind of a dick. In addition to being a rapist genocidal sadist. Also kind of a dick. See the above note about original sin for the very first example.

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No, I can't make them. However, if they are wrong, they have grave consequences, if I am wrong, then I look like a fool. However, I'm not wrong.
    I like how people make this argument but completely ignore that they are risking those same consequences if someone else's religion is correct. I highly doubt that many modern Christians are going to die gloriously in battle and so won't sit at Odin's table in Valhalla, but will instead suffer in the Norse Hel. Or will suffer in the Muslim Hell because Islam is right. Or in Tartarus. Or suffer the cycle of Samsara. Or a thousand other awful afterlives that people who were just as sure in their religion were certain were real. Pascal's Wager only works if you guess right. Just because Christianity and Islam are two of the most popular religions really has no bearing on their verity. Maybe the real right religion has been extinct for a thousand years and now no one gets to enjoy the good afterlife or know the truth about the divine.

    Anyway, I find it kind of funny when people make that kind of argument but forget that it goes both ways. But they're always so sure that theirs is the right religion.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #636
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    People seem to think that SSM needs to be granted as a right. That's not true at all. People have a right to it unless there's a law preventing it. That's how American law works. That's how the tenth amendment actually works.



    Which is nonsense if you believe the story. Adam and Eve didn't have the knowledge to make an informed choice until they sinned and ate the fruit. Their big crime was believing the snake, but they had no concept of good or evil and thus couldn't understand lying. God set up a test that they were designed to fail. He created people with the naivety and understanding of children and then punished them for not acting like adults.



    Well, if you read the bible, you'll find out that god is kind of a dick. In addition to being a rapist genocidal sadist. Also kind of a dick. See the above note about original sin for the very first example.



    I like how people make this argument but completely ignore that they are risking those same consequences if someone else's religion is correct. I highly doubt that many modern Christians are going to die gloriously in battle and so won't sit at Odin's table in Valhalla, but will instead suffer in the Norse Hel. Or will suffer in the Muslim Hell because Islam is right. Or in Tartarus. Or suffer the cycle of Samsara. Or a thousand other awful afterlives that people who were just as sure in their religion were certain were real. Pascal's Wager only works if you guess right. Just because Christianity and Islam are two of the most popular religions really has no bearing on their verity. Maybe the real right religion has been extinct for a thousand years and now no one gets to enjoy the good afterlife or know the truth about the divine.

    Anyway, I find it kind of funny when people make that kind of argument but forget that it goes both ways. But they're always so sure that theirs is the right religion.
    Christianity has never been proven wrong, other religions have.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #637
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Christianity has never been proven wrong, other religions have.
    So the wine really turns into blood?

    Also, I would love to hear your proof that Hinduism is wrong. Obviously I would want that proof to not rely on some other religion being right and Hinduism thus being wrong by process of elimination.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #638
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,981

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Christianity has never been proven wrong, other religions have.
    Again Hubris and without proof. You are full of sin today
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #639
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,981

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

    "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion. ‘Do not defile yourselves with any of these things; for by all these the nations are defiled, which I am casting out before you." (Leviticus 18:22-24).

    "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Romans 1:26-27).

    Jude testifies about God's fiery destruction of Sodom for "sexual immorality":

    "As Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." (Jude 7)

    Exactly what type of "sexual immorality" and "strange flesh" had the Sodomites "gone after"? It was homosexuality:

    "Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house. And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (Genesis 19:4-5)
    Wow you can quote a book that means what exactly? Oh yeah it means you believe in a wrong version of good. How does any of that make beliefs worth more than mine or anyone elses? Oh yeah it doesn't
    You cannot prove your point by quoting the bible you need to actually prove your point so far you have only proved that you believe in the wrong God.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  10. #640
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    So the wine really turns into blood?

    Also, I would love to hear your proof that Hinduism is wrong. Obviously I would want that proof to not rely on some other religion being right and Hinduism thus being wrong by process of elimination.
    Christianity doesn't believe that wine turns into blood.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •