View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #611
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    02-14-18 @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    He didn't, He made free choice, and he made rules, man broke those rules.
    So god did not create everything re: sin....

  2. #612
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So god did not create everything re: sin....
    You are twisting words. Sin was the result of a free choice.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #613
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,284

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I strive not to, I never argued that I have never sinned.
    You are choosing to argue against SSM by doing so you are choosing to sin. If you wish to stop sinning then stop arguing against SSM.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #614
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    26,031

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    If you mean that Government gets out of marriage entirely, changes marriage to a civil union of secular contract between two consenting adult parties (that it currently is but masquerades under the term marriage) and the state and lets NGOs handle the concept of "marriage" I'm totally there with you.

    Otherwise, I have to disagree.
    Churches are welcome to their own "concept" of marriage, I'm not sure they hold a patent on the name though. I think it would have expired long ago.

  5. #615
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    26,031

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    God made humans with freedom of choice. They chose sin.
    Speak for yourself. I had a mother and father who made me and they taught me that hatred and discrimination is wrong. What did God teach you?

  6. #616
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    You are choosing to argue against SSM by doing so you are choosing to sin. If you wish to stop sinning then stop arguing against SSM.
    How is arguing against SSM sin again?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #617
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    02-14-18 @ 11:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You are twisting words. Sin was the result of a free choice.
    No I'm not twisting words. Why would god create gays in the first place then make a rule against it?

  8. #618
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    The Bible was written by God Himself. So it is not according to my beliefs. The fact is that it doesn't matter if you believe it or not, it is true, and you will give an account on judgement day.
    Here we have a variation of the old "it's true because I say its true".
    Like I said a few post back,it's about "power and control".

    No to give offense,but just because you have beliefs does not mean that anyone here is required to accept them,believe them,do whatever you tell them to do,or pucker up and kiss your behind.You say it is true,then you should have no problem presenting evidence that that is the case.

  9. #619
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 07:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Here we have a variation of the old "it's true because I say its true".
    Like I said a few post back,it's about "power and control".

    No to give offense,but just because you have beliefs does not mean that anyone here is required to accept them,believe them,do whatever you tell them to do,or pucker up and kiss your behind.You say it is true,then you should have no problem presenting evidence that that is the case.
    No, I can't make them. However, if they are wrong, they have grave consequences, if I am wrong, then I look like a fool. However, I'm not wrong.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #620
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    How is arguing against SSM sin again?
    Because you want people to accept your beliefs without question,without you having to provide any proof what so ever when asked.
    That is vanity.
    I believe it is a sin according to Abrahamic Monotheism.
    It's the sin that got a certain Arch-Angel and his followers kicked down to the basement by the Supreme,according to Abrahamic Monotheism.
    If you have then right to point out other people's sins,people have the right to point out your own.

Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •