View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #531
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Blue states will adopt SSM, Red States won"t
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #532
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,174

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Blue states will adopt SSM, Red States won"t
    Maybe in the near future, but with acceptance of SSM over 80% among 18-29 year olds I don't think that will hold true for long.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  3. #533
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Blue states will adopt SSM, Red States won"t
    Eventually it will be legal throughout the US. It will take longer (or one sweeping SCOTUS ruling) to make it happen in the red states, but it will happen. You can't stop progress by simply wishing it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #534
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    My understanding is that states and the feds are required to recognize marriages from other states. The Defense of Marriage Act created a special anti-gay exception. If DOMA is struck down, people can get married in other states and then have their marriage accepted in their home state when they return.
    You're right, if, for example, a gay married couple migrates to California from Iowa, California must recognize the gay marriage of the couple.

    Before someone can get gay married in a state, the state must have gay marriage legislation or a state supreme court decree.
    So, gays currently cannot get gay married in California.

  5. #535
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Originally Posted by cabse5

    So says the ideologue.
    Ideology has nothing to do with logic, J. Fact is, it's the opposite of logic.

    You keep saying gays deserve marriage because a group of ideological supreme court justices in Maryland decreed gays deserve marriage. And, of course, you also believe.what facts have you presented to support your claim above?
    oh thats right ZERO :LMAO:

    that why your arguments keep getting destroyed by every poster here

    also I have NEVER said one time that "gays deserve marriage because a group of ideological supreme court justices in Maryland decreed gays deserve marriage."
    LMAO now you are so desperate you are lying and everyone sees it and is calling you on it and all you have left is failed insults that are very telling lol

    When you are ready to be civil and have a HONEST discussion based on facts and logic you lets us know otherwise you r failed arguments and lies will just keep losing LOL
    Look the word fact or logic up. Then look up ideology. There ya' go.
    As far as the bold is concerned: nope, you don't care what or why some Maryland judges decreed gay marriage. You're a gay marriage ideologue. Look that word up. How can you argue the meaning of words when you don't even know what the words mean? Duh?

  6. #536
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Eventually it will be legal throughout the US. It will take longer (or one sweeping SCOTUS ruling) to make it happen in the red states, but it will happen. You can't stop progress by simply wishing it.
    So says another gay marriage ideologue.

  7. #537
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Maybe in the near future, but with acceptance of SSM over 80% among 18-29 year olds I don't think that will hold true for long.
    As in other opinions of life like home ownership and fiscal responsibility, as they age and have families, the 'younger set' will become more conservative. Not so sure you 'hope' will be true.

  8. #538
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Look the word fact or logic up. Then look up ideology. There ya' go.
    As far as the bold is concerned: nope, you don't care what or why some Maryland judges decreed gay marriage. You're a gay marriage ideologue. Look that word up. How can you argue the meaning of words when you don't even know what the words mean? Duh?
    Really?

    Question 6 (also called the Maryland same-sex marriage referendum) is a referendum that appeared on the general election ballot for the U.S. state of Maryland to allow voters to approve or reject the Civil Marriage Protection Act—a bill legalizing same-sex marriage—passed by the General Assembly in 2012. The referendum was approved by 52.43% of voters on November 6, 2012. The law went into effect on January 1, 2013.[1]
    Maryland Question 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  9. #539
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Have any of you gay marriage advocates (ideologues) figured out the constitutionality of the gay marriage decree from the Maryland state supreme court ideologues?

  10. #540
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Really?

    Question 6 (also called the Maryland same-sex marriage referendum) is a referendum that appeared on the general election ballot for the U.S. state of Maryland to allow voters to approve or reject the Civil Marriage Protection Act—a bill legalizing same-sex marriage—passed by the General Assembly in 2012. The referendum was approved by 52.43% of voters on November 6, 2012. The law went into effect on January 1, 2013.[1]
    Maryland Question 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The first time gay marriage was ruled favorably in Maryland by state supreme court justices was, and I'm guessing, the late 1990's. This is where the precedent was set.

    First, state supreme court justices decreed gay marriage in the late 1990's, then the state created and passed gay marriage legislation last year.
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-30-13 at 02:24 PM.

Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •