View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #521
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Again WTH is socialist about people getting married?
    Where does it say in either the Maryland or US Constitution that gay marriage is a right? I'm guessing the Maryland ideologues (judges) used at least one of those documents...

    Now, if you're talkin' about politics, which I firmly believe this is, ideologues can find many 'precedents'.

  2. #522
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    If the Defense of marriage act gets overturned by the Supremes (pretty darn likely) there will be married gay couples in every state, even if they have to go to another state to get married.
    There isn't gay marriage in every state. It's not even close to a majority. Which means, there will be/are mass migrations to the gay marriage states to get gay married.

  3. #523
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Where does it say in either the Maryland or US Constitution that gay marriage is a right?
    That has nothing to do with your claim of socialism

    I'm guessing the Maryland ideologues (judges) used at least one of those documents...
    Your using this to try and make a point and your taking a guess?

    sheeesh talk about lame.

  4. #524
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Still haven't found the gay marriage section in either the Maryland or US Constitutions?

  5. #525
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    I think the word you used, "want" is quite telling.
    I want a million dollars. Give it to me, I deserve it. Wait, what am I saying, BO and his cronies are already levelling the field. That's called socialism.

    And, yes, I agree, ideolgical Maryland judges did decree gays deserve marriage.

    How about giving all those poor students who can't get an A on their schoolwork the right of an A?
    Think of the repercussions. Not being allowed into the finest colleges. Heck, some students unable to get into college at all. Some students living 'hand to mouth' because they couldn't get an A.

    Somehow, I missed both the right of getting an A on schoolwork and gay marriage in the Constitution. This is why the Maryland judges are, IMO, ideological.
    The political leanings of Maryland judges isn't really my concern. Couldn't care less why they did it.
    My state already has SSM,and as a caterer,I make a lot of money off weddings,including SSM.
    I plan to take full financial advantage of their decisions.
    That's what a capitalist does.

    What is my concern is that as a caterer,somewhere in the Washington DC-Baltimore corridor has become is a good place to expand my business.I am currently looking into real estate in that area,which means I will be bringing jobs to that area.

    That doesn't sound like socialism to me.
    That sounds like good old fashioned American capitalism to me.

  6. #526
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    That has nothing to do with your claim of socialism



    Your using this to try and make a point and your taking a guess?

    sheeesh talk about lame.
    Really, what grade are you in? First you use a strawman argument. Then you sprinkle in some ideology. I'm just sayin' if you're a judge, and you make a ruling, you'd better be using the state or US constitution. So tell me, Winston, what part of either constitution did those ideologue Maryland judges use to decree gay marriage? If you can't answer, you're a gay marriage ideologue.

    I just don't know what you're thinkin'. I'm trying to. That's why I surmised socialism. Seems as plausible as anything else.

    There is an answer to this. You'd better do some research. Get on Google, for crying out loud.
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-29-13 at 02:25 PM.

  7. #527
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Why do I concern myself with what some ideological Mayland Supreme Count justices decreed?
    Because every other state supreme court that has decreed gay marriage has used the Maryland decision as a precedent. Now you know a little more than you did before about gay marriage.
    Last edited by cabse5; 05-29-13 at 02:26 PM.

  8. #528
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Really, what grade are you in?
    I'm not in a grade anymore. I completed my Master's Degree aout 15 years ago. Although I still take graduate level courses every now and then.

    First you use a strawman argument.
    Wrong, I asked you to support your argument the claim of socialism

    Then you sprinkle in some ideology.
    LOL whatever.

    I'm just sayin' if you're a judge, and you make a ruling, you'd better be using the state or US constitution. So tell me, Winston, what part of either constitution did those ideologue Maryland judges use to decree gay marriage? If you can't answer, you're a gay marriage ideologue.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[1]

    I just don't know what you're thinkin'. I'm trying to. That's why I surmised socialism. Seems as plausible as anything else.

    There is an answer to this. You'd better do some research. Get on Google, for crying out loud.
    Yawn okay whatever it is obvious you can not support your claims of socialism.

  9. #529
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    There isn't gay marriage in every state. It's not even close to a majority. Which means, there will be/are mass migrations to the gay marriage states to get gay married.
    My understanding is that states and the feds are required to recognize marriages from other states. The Defense of Marriage Act created a special anti-gay exception. If DOMA is struck down, people can get married in other states and then have their marriage accepted in their home state when they return.

  10. #530
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,799

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    So says the ideologue.
    Ideology has nothing to do with logic, J. Fact is, it's the opposite of logic.

    You keep saying gays deserve marriage because a group of ideological supreme court justices in Maryland decreed gays deserve marriage. And, of course, you also believe.
    what facts have you presented to support your claim above?
    oh thats right ZERO :LMAO:

    that why your arguments keep getting destroyed by every poster here

    also I have NEVER said one time that "gays deserve marriage because a group of ideological supreme court justices in Maryland decreed gays deserve marriage."

    LMAO now you are so desperate you are lying and everyone sees it and is calling you on it and all you have left is failed insults that are very telling lol

    When you are ready to be civil and have a HONEST discussion based on facts and logic you lets us know otherwise you r failed arguments and lies will just keep losing LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •