View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #221
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    What's weird, is your inability to follow directions. I've already explained the disconnect, AGENT J, but you don't seem to be getting the nuances. I can't force you to get over yourself, so where does that leave us? I'll tell you where it leaves us. Right back where we started:

    Somehow, your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.
    dodge number 10:
    still no FACTUAL and LOGICAL support of your failed BS statment

    lets us know when you can support your illogical failed strawman "prediction" of "it'll open the floodgates for every conceivable form of marriage under the sun."
    we will keep waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    What goes on between consenting adults is really none of our business.
    And what goes on between homosexuals is none of marriage's business. It's a two way street.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    dodge number 10:
    You mean AGENT J's disconnect #10. Get your facts straight, please.

  4. #224
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You mean AGENT J's disconnect #10. Get your facts straight, please.
    dodge number 11


    lets us know when you have FACTS and LOGIC to support your failed strawman "prediction" of "it'll open the floodgates for every conceivable form of marriage under the sun."
    we will keep waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    dodge number 11
    Disconnect #14,553. And something tells me that it goes way beyond your DP Post count, too.

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Disconnect #14,553. And something tells me that it goes way beyond your DP Post count, too.
    dodge number 12

    lets us know when you have FACTS and LOGIC to support your failed strawman "prediction" of "it'll open the floodgates for every conceivable form of marriage under the sun."
    we will keep waiting

    if you disagree and would like to be civil and stay on topic by all means simply prove me wrong and show your factual and logic support for your statement above, come on teach me a lesson.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    come on teach me a lesson.
    No can do, friend. You've run out of time. You can lead an AGENT J to water, but you can't force him to drink. I've already given you more time than you deserve, so this is where we part ways.

    Good luck to you.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun.
    Can you list off a few "forms" of marriage that you think will become "open" once SSM becomes legal?

    Give me 3 to 5 if you please.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Can you list off a few "forms" of marriage that you think will become "open" once SSM becomes legal?

    Give me 3 to 5 if you please.
    Polygamy among heterosexuals will probably be next. Then as morals continue to loosen, we'll see bigamy, polyandry, and polygamy among homosexuals entering the scene. Beyond that I see younger folks getting more comfortable wearing government issue condoms, so look for pedophilia rates to drop steadily as the age of consent dips into the lower teens and eventually down to ages 11 or 12, or possibly even younger. And after that? Sky's the limit, really. We'll just have to wait and see where America's Enlightened guide us next.
    Last edited by Dooble; 05-16-13 at 12:18 PM.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Polygamy among heterosexuals will probably be next. Then as morals continue to loosen, we'll see bigamy, polyandry, and polygamy among homosexuals entering the scene. Beyond that I see younger folks getting more comfortable wearing government issue condoms, so look for pedophilia rates to drop steadily as the age of consent dips into the lower teens and eventually down to ages 11 or 12, or possibly even younger. And after that? Sky's the limit, really. We'll just have to wait and see where America's Enlightened guide us next.
    What's wrong with more than two consenting adults getting married to each other?


    Are you trying to associate pedophilia with gay marriage?


    So far I'm not to worried about any of your concerns.

    I think your "fear" of pedophilia being accepted and normalized within society is ridiculous and knee-jerk.

    Everything else you listed, so far, isn't any of my concern.

    Dozens of people can unite and form a corporation. If three or five people want to unite in marriage I see no valid reason why they shouldn't. I wouldn't want that, but I don't care if others do.

Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •