View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    please repost your failed strawman
    You mean "Please repost your original statement, as I am having trouble internalizing its proper meaning".

    Sure thing, Agent J. I'll be more than happy to:

    Somehow, your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,074

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Gay marriage won't open up any floodgates to all kinds of marriage anymore than Alabama allowing you to marry your cousin will make child molestation a problem.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #213
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,047

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    It won't last generations. It will last another decade or two at most. Public opinion is WAY turning and there will continue to be suits and cases in states that ban SSM until it gets back up to the supreme court. Either it will be decided by the court now, states will just give in soon, or it will be decided by the court in a little while. It's a contentious constitutional issue that has the interest of the whole nation. It's not going to sit for generations without a national resolution.
    I was speaking off the cuff. I agree with this.

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    You mean "Please repost your original statement, as I am having trouble internalizing its proper meaning".

    Sure thing, Agent J. I'll be more than happy to:

    Somehow, your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.
    AWESOME, thanks for making us laugh again. It still a failed stawrman

    as i said before:

    guess what reality and facts haven't changed, your statement was wrong and your guess is unsupportable. You have no facts or logic to support it, its a failed strawman

    let us know when that changes.

    Theres nothing to retract i stated facts and pointed out the weakness and fallacies of your strawman argument you now have no logical, honest or objective path to take to support your false claim so you are left with what you are doing now. Desperately trying to spin and deflect to save face. Well its not working

    nice try you fail, lets us know when you have something factual and logical to support your "guess"

    Thanks for playing.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    AWESOME, thanks for making us laugh again.
    Happy to do so. I'm always willing to point out your incoherencies. You seem to enjoy it.

  6. #216
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Happy to do so. I'm always willing to point out your incoherencies. You seem to enjoy it.
    yet you havent one time
    all that has happened is me and other pointing out your failed argument, then you getting uncivil about it because you have no ration and logical path to take so you try failed insults

    lets us know when you can support your illogical failed strawman "prediction" of "it'll open the floodgates for every conceivable form of marriage under the sun."

    its complete crap lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    yet you havent one time
    Sure I have. I've done so multiple times. Here, let's try again. Perhaps this time you'll get it:

    Somehow, your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.

  8. #218
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Sure I have. I've done so multiple times. Here, let's try again. Perhaps this time you'll get it:

    Somehow, your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.
    weird still no FACTUAL and LOGICAL support, maybe you dont understand those words lol

    lets us know when you can support your illogical failed strawman "prediction" of "it'll open the floodgates for every conceivable form of marriage under the sun."
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #219
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun.
    So?

    What goes on between consenting adults is really none of our business if it doesn't affect children. I'm against incestous marriages as genetic consolidation of genes creates problems. There are a few dozen people in West Virgina with all sorts of issues because of inbreeding. But polygamy? Meh.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    weird still no FACTUAL and LOGICAL support,
    What's weird, is your inability to follow directions. I've already explained the disconnect, AGENT J, but you don't seem to be getting the nuances. I can't force you to get over yourself, so where does that leave us? I'll tell you where it leaves us. Right back where we started:

    Somehow, your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.

Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •