View Poll Results: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 years

    59 42.45%
  • 5-10 years

    38 27.34%
  • 10-15 years

    17 12.23%
  • 15-20 years

    6 4.32%
  • 20-25 years

    2 1.44%
  • 25+ years

    2 1.44%
  • Never

    15 10.79%
Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 843

Thread: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

  1. #191
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    So you can't argue a point without sounding high. I get it. Maybe you really are high. See, I laid out what the future has in store, and it's really quite logical, if you think about it. If gay marriage becomes legal in the US, then other forms of marriage are sure to follow. It's the only fair thing to do, is it not? Besides, I don't see why you're fighting this conclusion, to begin with. Why aren't you clamoring for "everything under the sun" too? You certainly seem enlightened and Left enough....
    Failed insults and you inability to be civil just further proves that you know you statement was BS and now you have no logical path to take LMAO
    You laid out a strawman that you cant back up with facts and still havent, we exposed that and now you are trying to deflect but thats not working either.

    You also dont understand laws and rights and equality etc.
    im not GLAMORING for "everything under the sun" because i understand how reality, facts, laws, freedoms and liberty works and they dont support "everything under the sun"
    thanks for further showing how little you understand about this topic.

    again the PRECEDENCE for gay marriage will not lend itself to polygamy

    but like i said id support polygamy also.

    Now if you would, stop the dancing and spinning and simply provide FACTS that prove your failed strawman to be true. Ill keep waiting. Can you?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Ill keep waiting. Can you?
    Actually, no. It's bedtime, and your arguments are inconsistent and absurd. Perhaps I'll break this nonsense down tomorrow if I'm in a charitable mood.

  3. #193
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Actually, no. It's bedtime, and your arguments are inconsistent and absurd. Perhaps I'll break this nonsense down tomorrow if I'm in a charitable mood.
    Translation: YOU GOT NOTHING lol
    why do you lie? whats inconsistent and absurd about it, do you think using words like that helps you save face? LMAO nobody is fooled.

    i made no argument ive been point out the same thing the whole time now you are trying to lie, do you think the posts disappear? The proof is all here

    now i have TWO question for you.

    1.) lets us know when you can support your failed false claims with FACTS please tell us the facts that support your statement we'd love to here it
    2.) after that when was i "inconsistent" please quote where my posts changed and were not consistent, id love to read that too

    ok go!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #194
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    So you can't argue a point without sounding high. I get it. Maybe you really are high. See, I laid out what the future has in store, and it's really quite logical, if you think about it. If gay marriage becomes legal in the US, then other forms of marriage are sure to follow. It's the only fair thing to do, is it not? Besides, I don't see why you're fighting this conclusion, to begin with. Why aren't you clamoring for "everything under the sun" too? You certainly seem enlightened and Left enough....
    First of all, it is heterosexual marriage that opens the floodgates, as it were, for other claims. Why ignore the first cause?

    Second, the other claims can live or die on their own merits and demerits. This doesn't affect the rightness of those working towards legalization of same sex marriage.
    ...for perhaps the most admirable among the admirable laws of Nature is the survival of the weakest.
    --Vladimir Nabokov

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    ok go!
    Uh, not a chance.

    Somehow your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    want to point out where gay equal rights was granted for gays and it lead opening the floodgates for every conceivable form of marriage under the sun.
    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.
    Last edited by Dooble; 05-15-13 at 01:39 PM.

  6. #196
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    On-topic:


  7. #197
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    1.)Uh, not a chance.

    Somehow your nonsense slipped through the cracks, and that's not going to happen again. We'll start right here, at the beginning:

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. I did not say gay marriage has been ruled constitutional by the SC, therefore it HAS opened the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. Apparently you thought I said the latter, for this what you posted:



    You see, AJ, this post of yours is what is called a disconnect. It means that your comment has nothing to do with what I posted, nor has it anything to do with reality. In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.

    Now, I can understand that you might have made a mistake. You're human. God knows you want to be heard, so it's understandable that you jumped the gun after failing to absorb my message properly. On the other hand, there is also the chance that you knew exactly what I was saying, but you decided to try and distort my message because you didn't like what you were reading. I like to think that you are more like the former, but honestly, I just don't know.

    My statement was a prediction; not a statement of fact. It is impossible to make a statement of fact on something that doesn't exist. Based on my PREDICTIONS, making gay marriage constitutional will open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun. THIS is logic, not fact, because why? That's right; because the Supreme Court has not made its ruling yet.

    Now, this debate went as long as it did only because I was exhausted. If you would like to retract your question and come back with a fresh, intelligent, response, please feel free to do so.
    1.) translation you have ZERO proof to back up your strawman and its a failed argument.
    ALso please dont lie and put words in my mouth i never claims you said anything than what you actually did all i have done is ask for proof of what you said happening and you have provided ZERO.

    2.) THATS WHAT I THOUGHT
    A complete 100% back pedal!!!!
    do you really think anybody honest is going to buy this back pedal?

    as I said you have ZERO facts to back up your claims, you lose and your straw-man has failed and all the dancing and dodging wont change that fact.

    Your guess is nonsensical, inane, ranting because gay marriage exists in some stats and many countries and theres ZERO evidence to support you claim.

    nice try you fail, lets us know when you have something factual and logical to support your "guess"

    Thanks for playing.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #198
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    On a federal level? Hopefully never.
    Ahm, excuse me, but some decisions that affect lives of gays are made exclusively on the federal level. For example, the bride visas: we heterosexuals can easily "import" our chosen partners from outside of the country. Gays cannot. How fair is that?

    If some states like Alabama or Mississippi are going to resist gay marriage for another decade or three - that's their prerogative. I don't believe the feds should (or can, constitutionally) force them to do the right thing. But the feds themselves should absolutely rectify the injustice in their own domain, as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Cyrylek; 05-15-13 at 03:08 PM.

  9. #199
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    08-04-13 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Uh, not a chance.

    First off, I said that legalizing gay marriage WILL open the floodgates to every form of marriage under the sun.


    .......


    In your post, you are barking for facts when there aren't any available. You can't provide facts for something that hasn't happened yet. It's virtually impossible. The Supreme Court has not made its ruling on gay marriage, therefore, the legal definition of marriage remains as between a man and a woman. There are no facts available based on your query.
    Sure there are. In other countries, including your closest neighbour...perhaps the best example, since Canada and the US are culturally very similar. Also, we were having the selfsame debates and discussions beforehand.

    So let's take a look....uh, nope. Canada is not suffering from this Slippery Slope dilemma.

    I understand that doesn't prove that the US will not...but it seems a safe bet.
    ...for perhaps the most admirable among the admirable laws of Nature is the survival of the weakest.
    --Vladimir Nabokov

  10. #200
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: How long till Same Sex Marriage is nationally legal in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucker View Post
    Sure there are. In other countries, including your closest neighbour...perhaps the best example, since Canada and the US are culturally very similar. Also, we were having the selfsame debates and discussions beforehand.

    So let's take a look....uh, nope. Canada is not suffering from this Slippery Slope dilemma.

    I understand that doesn't prove that the US will not...but it seems a safe bet.

    shhhhhhhhhhhh dont rain on his parade
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •