View Poll Results: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    51 54.26%
  • Disagree

    43 45.74%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 224

Thread: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Agree
    Disagree


    Here is an article to read if you choose:

    GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace - The Hill's Pundits Blog

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Yes, it's become another partisian witch-hunt that Fox News runs 24/7 while certain preening republican congress-critters are using to taint potential democratic candidates in 2016. It's pretty disgraceful, that disgraceful is SOP for congress nowadays, on both sides of the aisle.

    Issa is now and always has been an exceptionally smelly partisian turd in an overflowing toilet. I'm ashamed he's from my state.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Yes, it's become another partisian witch-hunt that Fox News runs 24/7 while certain preening republican congress-critters are using to taint potential democratic candidates in 2016. It's pretty disgraceful, that disgraceful is SOP for congress nowadays, on both sides of the aisle.

    Issa is now and always has been an exceptionally smelly partisian turd in an overflowing toilet. I'm ashamed he's from my state.
    What do you have against finding out the truth?

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    What do you have against finding out the truth?
    When hard evidence is brought to prove that there were deliberate lies, not just the media/political spewing of picked-apart words during the confusion in the after attack, I'll look at it. Last I heard the CIA admitted that the talking points given to UN Ambassador Rice had been "reworked" before she received them. The actual reports submitted by bi-partisian investigations have either been cherry-picked for quotes or totally ignored. Husby had Fox News on over the weekend, and they are still harping about Rice's words, when was a terrorist attack a terrorist attack and who knew what when... all crap from a couple weeks after the incident, when Libya was saying one thing and DC was trying to figure out what happened, while being denied access to the site itself.

    Everything else is pure, unadulterated fabrication, speculation, commentary, and partisian bull****.

    I don't have much respect for either the republicans or the democrats when it comes to partisian smokescreens and slight of hand. This time it's the republicans. Next time it'll be the democrats. Bull**** all around.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    When hard evidence is brought to prove that there were deliberate lies, not just the media/political spewing of picked-apart words during the confusion in the after attack, I'll look at it. Last I heard the CIA admitted that the talking points given to UN Ambassador Rice had been "reworked" before she received them. The actual reports submitted by bi-partisian investigations have either been cherry-picked for quotes or totally ignored. Husby had Fox News on over the weekend, and they are still harping about Rice's words, when was a terrorist attack a terrorist attack and who knew what when... all crap from a couple weeks after the incident, when Libya was saying one thing and DC was trying to figure out what happened, while being denied access to the site itself.

    Everything else is pure, unadulterated fabrication, speculation, commentary, and partisian bull****.

    I don't have much respect for either the republicans or the democrats when it comes to partisian smokescreens and slight of hand. This time it's the republicans. Next time it'll be the democrats. Bull**** all around.
    I just want the truth to come out, there was obviously some very bad decisions made and we need to know who made them and why.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I just want the truth to come out, there was obviously some very bad decisions made and we need to know who made them and why.
    And you think another partisian Circus de Issa is going to lead to "the truth?" Bwahahahaha! That is NOT what congressional hearings are designed for. They are designed for committee members to give speeches to their constituents consistent with their particular political needs, either left or right, to push their version of "the truth" while casting aspersions on the "other side", which can then be neatly sound-bited during election years. The "real truth", if anyone has even managed to figure it out yet, would be in thousands of pages of investigative results, which interest neither journalist nor congress-critter.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    And you think another partisian Circus de Issa is going to lead to "the truth?" Bwahahahaha! That is NOT what congressional hearings are designed for. They are designed for committee members to give speeches to their constituents consistent with their particular political needs, either left or right, to push their version of "the truth" while casting aspersions on the "other side", which can then be neatly sound-bited during election years. The "real truth", if anyone has even managed to figure it out yet, would be in thousands of pages of investigative results, which interest neither journalist nor congress-critter.
    We got a little truth today. Men that wanted to go help were told to stand down and they were furious about it.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    The testimony wasn't partisan. I am glad we are hearing it. The rhetoric from the politicians? Yeah, definitely partisan.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    We got a little truth today. Men that wanted to go help were told to stand down and they were furious about it.
    So you disagree with a military order, yawn. This must be the first time someone in the chain of command screwed up. Sound the trumpets.
    If any of you really cared about American lives you would be pushing for more money for Embassy security instead of this nonsense.
    Turning the death of an ambassador into this 3 ring circus for political gain is despicable.

  10. #10
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,081

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    And you think another partisian Circus de Issa is going to lead to "the truth?" Bwahahahaha!
    I know this. The line that the administration came out with was not the truth. And they knew that. You can argue over whether or not Ambassador Rice knew that or not (at this point I don't really know on that one). But if she didn't, then at some point the person who changed those talking points did.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •