View Poll Results: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    51 54.26%
  • Disagree

    43 45.74%
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 224

Thread: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

  1. #51
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    When your rhetoric is toned down, I might address your responses, but like some with some others here, I don't care to go down the rat hole of constant back and forth where there is no useful exchange...
    But you asked me a question and I gave a very non-Basement type of answer. Now you're playing your never-ending dodge ball. After you side-swiped me in the Basement to kiss up to those dwellers.

  2. #52
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    But you asked me a question and I gave a very non-Basement type of answer. Now you're playing your never-ending dodge ball. After you side-swiped me in the Basement to kiss up to those dwellers.
    You're well aware of who "nimbutt" is/was, and I just found it interesting that you would use that identity on this site. When I go downstairs, I'm responding strictly to the posts, not the poster. Oh, and your post may be another cause for an infraction...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #53
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You're well aware of who "nimbutt" is/was, and I just found it interesting that you would use that identity on this site. When I go downstairs, I'm responding strictly to the posts, not the poster. Oh, and your post may be another cause for an infraction...
    I really don't remember nimbutt. I've aged in this new teaching gig. I woke up late on my birthday last December as usual. It was the day of Newtown. I knew I had to go back to the classroom. I'm 1,200 miles from home. Thanks to my Creator my wife will be here in 3 weeks.

    Watergate does not bother me

  4. #54
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I really don't remember nimbutt. I've aged in this new teaching gig. I woke up late on my birthday last December as usual. It was the day of Newtown. I knew I had to go back to the classroom. I'm 1,200 miles from home. Thanks to my Creator my wife will be here in 3 weeks.
    I just found it a bit odd that that you would choose this particular moniker. At first, I thought you might be one in the same, but the posting style eventually narrowed the field quite a bit...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #55
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    I've always prided myself on being a consistent liberal Republican. We Illinois Repubs have a long history of being normal compared to what's out there now.
    Grant was a consistent drunk and his brother a consistent capitalistic crook.
    On a better note, Dirksen and Percy were great Senators. Kirk embellished his military record like Blumenthal. The Senate has more skunks than not.
    And you know I believe Lincoln kept his enemies, the radical Repubs, closer. Too bad since they killed him.

    I'm sure every state has their share of states' wrongs. Hence, my ultimate belief in a strong central federal government, as the one George Washington believed in.
    And I could vote for Christie.
    O-Bam-Bam is a moderate Repub, almost too conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I just found it a bit odd that that you would choose this particular moniker. At first, I thought you might be one in the same, but the posting style eventually narrowed the field quite a bit...

  6. #56
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I've always prided myself on being a consistent liberal Republican. We Illinois Repubs have a long history of being normal compared to what's out there now.
    Grant was a consistent drunk and his brother a consistent capitalistic crook.
    On a better note, Dirksen and Percy were great Senators. Kirk embellished his military record like Blumenthal. The Senate has more skunks than not.
    And you know I believe Lincoln kept his enemies, the radical Repubs, closer. Too bad since they killed him.

    I'm sure every state has their share of states' wrongs. Hence, my ultimate belief in a strong central federal government, as the one George Washington believed in.
    And I could vote for Christie.
    O-Bam-Bam is a moderate Repub, almost too conservative.
    Is it your intention to make irrelevant posts, or are you content with ramblings? I don't give a **** about Dirksen, Percy, or Kirk. I just wanted to know the reasoning behind the moniker you have chosen...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #57
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then Fournier printed this piece up.....course now that he works for the National Journal. He will be accused of being a Right Winger.

    Why Benghazi is a Blow to Obama and Clinton
    Both parties are wrong about the scandal: Itís not Watergate and itís not nothing.

    Both parties are wrong about Benghazi. Existing evidence does not point to a far-reaching cover-up on the scale of Watergate, as Republicans want you to believe. But it is not, as the White House claims, nothing.

    The administrationís response to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on U.S. installations in eastern Libya was inaccurate, irresponsible and shrouded by campaign-style spin. It belied President Obamaís oft-broken promise to run a transparent government.

    If nothing else, Benghazi is a blow to the credibility of the president and his potential successor, then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. This could be big.

    Credibility is Obamaís strong suit, a key reason why his personal approval ratings continue to buoy soft job approval scores. He canít afford to lose that trust.

    Credibility is Clintonís vulnerability, dating to the unjustified financial accusations that triggered the Whitewater investigation. Doubts persisted about her veracity and authenticity throughout the 2008 presidential campaign.

    Why Benghazi is a Blow to Obama and Clinton - NationalJournal.com
    It may not be Watergate, but Obama and company lied their asses off prior to the election about how bad they ****ed this up. They were warned over a month before the attack, the UK had pulled out, and I'm pretty sure the Libyans warned them.

    Mustafa A.G. Abushagur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Obama and Clinton threw this guy under the bus.

    Mustafa A.G. Abushagur: Don

    Report: Ambassador Stevens Said He Was on an Al-Qaeda Hit List

    Security Team Commander Says Ambassador Stevens Wanted His Team to Stay in Libya Past August - ABC News

    Part I: Governments on Anti-Islam Film | Islamists Are Coming

    Arab Spring they hate US - Educate YourselfEducate Yourself

    Obama is a fool, and a joke to the Radical Islamists.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #58
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,805

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Is it your intention to make irrelevant posts, or are you content with ramblings? I don't give a **** about Dirksen, Percy, or Kirk. I just wanted to know the reasoning behind the moniker you have chosen...
    Reverse psychology but not on your elevated plane.

    The Fire Down Below awaits Linc.

    The clowns, and I mean that as my Air Force Dad did,
    could not appreciate Lincoln Save This Union Once Again.

    Besides, it should be obvious to all they don't want the Union to survive.

    I agree with jack on Bob Seger.
    And you are welcome for my very short
    Dissertation for the elimination of at least the 10th.
    And thanks for chilling me.
    I must visit the Alabama Appalachians.

  9. #59
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    The way in which the evidence presented is used can certainly be partisan, or disgraceful in some circumstances. The hearing itself is not, and frankly welcomed after what appears to be logistical and leadership failures on multiple levels.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: GOP Benghazi hearings a partisan disgrace?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    I don't think the anger over this has to do with the consulate being attacked. Embassies and consulates get attacked, it happens. I think the anger is over the response to the attack, at least for those who are legitimately angry and not just grand standing.
    What response ?

    There was no response by the Obama administration. Just a cover up for Obama's own political gain to get reelected.

    But the no response should have been expected because the job as Commander and Chief is bigger than Obama.

    Obama has already established over the past four years that he's an incompetent Cn'C. But I think he has crossed the line of dereliction of duty as Cn'C.

    And the liberal MSM is also implicated for giving Obama another complete pass for his continues failures before the November elections.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •