View Poll Results: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today Who'd Have Your Vote?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ted Cruz

    0 0%
  • Mark Rubio

    2 6.25%
  • Rand Paul

    12 37.50%
  • Sarah Palin

    2 6.25%
  • Chris Christie

    3 9.38%
  • Rick Santorum

    0 0%
  • Jeb Bush

    0 0%
  • Condoleezza Rice

    2 6.25%
  • Susana Martinez

    1 3.13%
  • Write-in

    10 31.25%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

  1. #21
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    I meant to say "will do most good as Senator", of course.
    of course...

  2. #22
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    No multiple pick?

    I selected Condi, though I know she would never seek the position. My second choice is Rand.

  3. #23
    Student
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-24-13 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    207

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    If you even consider what's "offered?"

    You've been duped,

    again.

    Again,
    and again,
    and again,

    until there won't be anything left. Nor right.

    It'll just be The One.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,950
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I could see her as a VP for say, Christie or Paul. Establishment would never allow her in my opinion to top the bill...
    I'm sure you are right, but that was not the question. Rubio has a much better chance of heading the ticket than Martinez, but I think Martinez would make the better president.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Who I'd LIKE to see?

    John Huntsman. Without a doubt. Though it's unfortunate, because I think he was the prototype for how to have beat Obama in 2012. I believe 2016, if he got the nomination, would actually be far more difficult for him.

    However he's without question the guy I would like to see get it.

    Experience? He's got executive level experience as a Governor. He's got Diplomatic experience, specifically dealing with a top foreign actor in China. He has private sector experience running a corporation and non-profits. He's got White House experience serving in the Reagan and Bush administrations.

    Record? Under his tenure he helped make Utah one of the top 3 places in the nation for business. He passed record tax cuts. He lowered the amount of government spending in his state as a percent of it's GDP. He passed consumer focused health care reform.

    Views? He's a strong fiscal conservative, a moderate social conservative, and a forward thinking militaristic thinker. On the thing he's "moderate" on socially, Illegal Immigration is the only one that bothers me (gay marriage does not). Of that, his stance actually is a reasonable one....secure the border first and ONLY then should we move forward with looking at what to do with those that are here in the country. He's a pragmatist and one not slaven to ideology in any direction. For example, he breaks from the GOP in believing that man made global warming is an issue, but breaks with the Democrats in believing that significant federal action is not needed that will provide a hinderance to job creation in our perelious economic situation. In terms of the military, he's in favor of a strong and able military that can project strength while at the same time believing we can modernize and adapt to the realities of the 21st century which would allow for decrease in personnel needs and costs, allowing a reduction in spending.

    Electability? He's fiscally sound enough to overwhelmingly win the governorship twice in one of the reddest states in the Union, while at the same time being moderate enough socially to not alienate moderates/independents immedietely upon hearing about him.

    However...after McCain and Romney in 2008 and 2012, two individuals I believe are not good equivilents to Huntsman but have been painted by such by both sides of the media, I highly doubt he has a significant chance in 2016.

    Out of those with at least an outside chance, I would like to see Rand Paul at the current moment.

  6. #26
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    Ron Paul 2008 2012 2016!
    Ron Paul-I second the nomination. He wants to audit the Federal Reserve and I consider all big banks to be crooked. A good place to start with an audit.

  7. #27
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    of course...
    I actually hate the ability to edit evaporating in 20 min on this forum. With all the typos I make....

  8. #28
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Who I'd LIKE to see?

    John Huntsman. Without a doubt. Though it's unfortunate, because I think he was the prototype for how to have beat Obama in 2012. I believe 2016, if he got the nomination, would actually be far more difficult for him.

    However he's without question the guy I would like to see get it.

    Experience? He's got executive level experience as a Governor. He's got Diplomatic experience, specifically dealing with a top foreign actor in China. He has private sector experience running a corporation and non-profits. He's got White House experience serving in the Reagan and Bush administrations.

    Record? Under his tenure he helped make Utah one of the top 3 places in the nation for business. He passed record tax cuts. He lowered the amount of government spending in his state as a percent of it's GDP. He passed consumer focused health care reform.

    Views? He's a strong fiscal conservative, a moderate social conservative, and a forward thinking militaristic thinker. On the thing he's "moderate" on socially, Illegal Immigration is the only one that bothers me (gay marriage does not). Of that, his stance actually is a reasonable one....secure the border first and ONLY then should we move forward with looking at what to do with those that are here in the country. He's a pragmatist and one not slaven to ideology in any direction. For example, he breaks from the GOP in believing that man made global warming is an issue, but breaks with the Democrats in believing that significant federal action is not needed that will provide a hinderance to job creation in our perelious economic situation. In terms of the military, he's in favor of a strong and able military that can project strength while at the same time believing we can modernize and adapt to the realities of the 21st century which would allow for decrease in personnel needs and costs, allowing a reduction in spending.

    Electability? He's fiscally sound enough to overwhelmingly win the governorship twice in one of the reddest states in the Union, while at the same time being moderate enough socially to not alienate moderates/independents immedietely upon hearing about him.

    However...after McCain and Romney in 2008 and 2012, two individuals I believe are not good equivilents to Huntsman but have been painted by such by both sides of the media, I highly doubt he has a significant chance in 2016.

    Out of those with at least an outside chance, I would like to see Rand Paul at the current moment.
    Thank you for your well drawn opinion. I have to agree with your summation even if I don't agree with your pick. The Press did exactly as you've said, and then when he said he was favoring a permanent 3rd party system the Estab. excommunicated him. While Romney broke the Mormon cherry so to speak, I don't think the Party is quite ready for another Latter Day Saint quite yet...Though his ability to think outside the GOP box on issues does make him appealing.

    I'm still on the fence with Rand. I am likely to more agree with Cy that he'd be great as a Sen.Maj.Leader

  9. #29
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Ron Paul-I second the nomination. He wants to audit the Federal Reserve and I consider all big banks to be crooked. A good place to start with an audit.
    Yeah, I'm a fan of old Ron, but as seen during the RNC, not a prayer's chance...

  10. #30
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: If the 2016 Election Were Held Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    No multiple pick?

    I selected Condi, though I know she would never seek the position. My second choice is Rand.

    Decisiveness wins the day...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •