View Poll Results: An Atheist President?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 40.38%
  • No

    11 21.15%
  • Indifferent

    20 38.46%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 163

Thread: An Atheist President?

  1. #91
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Evangelicals believe in a literal reading of the Bible. Unless you're an EINO.
    That's all you had to say?

    Not all evangelicals think the same, you'd do well to keep that in mind. Not all evangelicals take the bible 100% literally, and there's other things evangelicals argue with one another about.

    What is an EINO? I don't get the acronym.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  2. #92
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: An Atheist President?

    I saw on an interview that Jesse Ventura "atheist" should be running next time. Though, I'm not sure how religious favoritisms play into the president's effective leadership?
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  3. #93
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    That's all you had to say?
    Sorry, I left my strobe lights at the other parade.

    What is an EINO? I don't get the acronym.
    Evangelical In Name Only.

  4. #94
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Voted no in accordance with the OP's beliefs.

    The President is still a citizen of the United States and has the right to freedom of religion.

    I, however, would prefer to vote for a non-religious President. The "god told me so" justification has been used a disturbing amount by Presidents in our short history.

  5. #95
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Voted no in accordance with the OP's beliefs.

    The President is still a citizen of the United States and has the right to freedom of religion.

    I, however, would prefer to vote for a non-religious President. The "god told me so" justification has been used a disturbing amount by Presidents in our short history.
    Not sure why you voted no to an atheist president if you prefer an atheist or non-religious president. However, it's your dime, as they say.

  6. #96
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrylek View Post
    "Agnostic" is a weasel word. Most atheists are "agnostics" in this sense: of course believing that there's no gods is a mental disorder, not any kind of -ism.
    Um. No. Agnostics wonder if there's a god. They aren't sure. Atheists are sure.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #97
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Not sure why you voted no to an atheist president if you prefer an atheist or non-religious president. However, it's your dime, as they say.
    Do you have reading comprehension problems?

    You had two questions in your OP, I answered this one because it's much more important:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus
    In fact, shouldn't we require our elected officials to forsake religion in order to better serve us and uphold the separation of Church and State?
    If you want a straight answer then make a straight question.

  8. #98
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: An Atheist President?

    From Wikipedia:

    1. Agnosticism is the view that the existence or non-existence of any deity is unknown and possibly unknowable.

    2. Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

    3. Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is active opposition to theism. The term has had a range of applications; in secular contexts, it typically refers to direct opposition to organized religion or to the belief in any deity, while in a theistic context, it sometimes refers to opposition to a specific god or gods.

  9. #99
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    And yet Christians insist on this very test.
    If I, an apatheist, ever had a serious shot (and had any desire to hold a public office, which I don't), I would respond when asked about my religion that it's nobody's business and that the question itself is unConstitutional.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #100
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: An Atheist President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Do you have reading comprehension problems?

    You had two questions in your OP, I answered this one because it's much more important:

    If you want a straight answer then make a straight question.
    I did make it a straight question ("An Atheist President?"). You answered my poll question in a post, and my non-poll question(s) with a vote. No worries, I welcome all participation.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •