Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 364

Thread: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Graffias View Post
    Of course, I oppose this for reasons I've explained numerous times on this forum. I agree child molesters need to be given long prison sentences and maybe even put away for life depending on a number of factors. But rapists of adult women should not receive similar sentences. By arguing for the death penalty for both, you're basically saying that a crime against a woman is as heinous as a crime against a child, and I simply don't believe this. The reason why rape was punished severely, historically, is that it damaged the household of the rape victim. That is now irrelevant, since women are not expected to be married as virgins and further, marriages have less monetary value to families anyway.

    All women have left is 'it makes me feel bad,' and I'm not buying that song and dance. In addition, I find it hypocritical that women expect special treatment in this respect, yet they are supposed to be equal in others. If they are equal to men in all intellectual and emotional respects, then I wish to treat them as such. I'm not interested in hearing about how they are in a sense the sort of emotionally frail creatures we thought they were back when we had primitive, bigoted, and chauvinistic views. Let them be men, I say. If they don't like it, they can always return to the old ways.

    In conclusion, rape is to me nothing more than simple assault at this point in our development. It happens to be less physically damaging than assault, in most cases, and hence it should be a relatively minor offense, unless it is exacerbated by other abusive behaviors. Not only would I not put rapists to death, but I would consider the crime equivalent to misdemeanor assault in a large percentage of cases.
    Your whole point is destroyed by the fact that women aren't the only people who get raped. Also, the idea that rape is "less physically damaging than assault" as a rule is so preposterous that it borders on satire.

    I agree that rapists shouldn't be put to death though. I just have much less psychopathic, ignorant reasons for having the position.

  2. #22
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Let's kill those who run over their parking meters too, those insidious bastards never learn either.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  3. #23
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,361

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    At a much more basic level, we have those of us who are willing to live within the
    rules we have established for our society, and those who think the rules do not
    apply to them.
    After several demonstrations of egregious disregard for our rules, and timeouts for the disregard,
    We as a society decide that an individual is no longer allowed on the playground.
    The death penalty is not a punishment, but the permanent removal from society.
    The recidivism rate is very low.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    So you've seen Midnight Express?

    Seriously..if a person had been found guilty of child murder...paedophiles who commit the same crime again and again...street killings for no obvious reason...

    If they were awaiting the death penalty..I would give them the choice of being used as human guinea pigs for medical research..
    Yes.

    One sort of did. Scientists needed a healthy human body free of defects, illness, disease to create a database. A death row inmate volunteered. After his carefully medically planned execution, he was frozen solid. They cut him in like millimeter thick slices longways and scanned those, put him back together and refroze him and then they cut him crossways into thin slices and scanned those. It was so they would have a complete database of images of as completely healthy of a body as they could get. I think that was done in the mid to late 90's IIRC.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Yes.

    One sort of did. Scientists needed a healthy human body free of defects, illness, disease to create a database. A death row inmate volunteered. After his carefully medically planned execution, he was frozen solid. They cut him in like millimeter thick slices longways and scanned those, put him back together and refroze him and then they cut him crossways into thin slices and scanned those. It was so they would have a complete database of images of as completely healthy of a body as they could get. I think that was done in the mid to late 90's IIRC.
    Yes..I saw that..fascinating..

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Purgatory
    Last Seen
    05-11-14 @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    "Our crime against criminals is that we treat them like scoundrels."

    First: Something no one ever seems to note: pedophilia is a propensity not a crime, and in fact more crimes against children are perpetrated by sexually frustrated heterosexuals.
    Second: If we put all of the heathens to the pyre, pray do tell how we learn from them?
    Third: Whatever happened to rehabilitation as a goal?

  7. #27
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,925

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Pedophiles don't get better and they have devastated a child's life not to mention devastating the entire family. Rapist have violated a womans rights in the most despicable fashion possible and scarred her for life. The impact of these crimes on children, their parents and women are so grievous that IMO the perpetrates should get the death penalty. Not only would this be justice but the incidents of rape and child molesting-rape would plummet.
    You do realize that accusations of rape and pedophilia are ROUTINELY used by women to try to win custody in vicious custody battles? Unless there was concrete absolute proof I would be against. He said she said don't cut it. I have no problem terminating psychological basket cases but I do have a problem with frying innocent people, or those convicted on marginal evidence. You want to fry em that's fine, but as far as I am concerned you better have rock solid INDISPUTABLE evidence of guilt, without which you can fugetaboutit.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    You cannot give rapists/pedophiles the death penalty.

    Why?

    Because if you do - then please tell me why a rapist/pedophile would not kill his victim?

    In fact, he would be stupid not to.

    Why leave a living witness when the maximum penalty for raping/killing his victim is exactly the same as just raping his victim?


    Unless you want a LOT less rape survivors, then you cannot make the penalty for rape/molestation the death penalty.

  9. #29
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    This morning at breakfast, someone commented on one of continual reports of horrific crimes.

    A couple, age 23 and 22, were car jacked. They were take to a remote house and tortured and raped for 3 days. He was then shot to death. For the rest of the week, she was tortured and raped by 4 men and 1 woman.

    To try to destroy DNA evidence, while she was still alive they poured acid down her throat, put inside her and poured over her. The acid ultimately killed her, whereupon they cut up her body, put in into trash bags and discarded.

    People can't really grasp that reality, so can discuss it with lofty - but twisted - philosophy and slogans. Anyone who has seen and heard such levels of sadistic violence and torture has a more simple view: "KILL THEM!" That is the ONLY possible justice for him and for her. But the anti-death penalty people declare that justice would be wrong. Indeed, they will claim that justice would be to be like those 5 sadistic torturers.

    So instead, the anti-death penalty folks say this is what should happen:

    We should spend well over $5 million dollars giving them a new, carefree way of life in a contained society for which all needs are provided for free. As a reward for their actions, none of them should ever be required to work again. All their meals, entertainment, medical care, utilities, cable TV, and housing should be free as a life time benefit - like they won a lottery.

    Prison is just another way of life and another society. A different life style. Anti-death penalty people in reality demand they be rewarded - and rewarded for life - but that their live style be changed so that they only endanger other people in another walled society. And they demand that I pay for their bizarre morality of rewarding sadistic torturers and murderers for what they did.

    I do believe there are different forms and levels of "rape." For me, the dividing lines are based upon 1.) age and 2.) brutality/sadism/torture.

    In my opinion, a criminal torturing someone as pleasurable sadism in real, harmful ways is a worse crime than murder and represents a vastly more dangerous person. People who derive pleasure from causing hopeless terror and horror by sadistic torture to another human is so twisted and so bold that person can not be reformed, may not be allowed to be in any society - including prison society - and should be put down no different than any other crazied or rapid animal.

    I also do not believe in torture as punishment, and therefore opposite perpetual solitary confinement. Nor do I believe such a person should be rewarded with lifelong free living. Therefore, the death penalty is the only option for such people in my opinion.

    The underlying platitude of our criminal justice system is "don't take the law into your own hands, let the government do it." But the government doesn't. It rewards them and punishes us via costs and punishes others they are put with. It also is the government protecting them from any justice actually being done.

    Rape, torture and murder a child? The anti-death penalty crowd will declare that rapist-murderer just won the lottery for life.
    Last edited by joko104; 05-03-13 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #30
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Pedophiles don't get better and they have devastated a child's life not to mention devastating the entire family. Rapist have violated a womans rights in the most despicable fashion possible and scarred her for life. The impact of these crimes on children, their parents and women are so grievous that IMO the perpetrates should get the death penalty. Not only would this be justice but the incidents of rape and child molesting-rape would plummet.
    Dead victims bear no witness.

    Another emotionally and poorly thought out response to a complex and serious problem. When a person is committing one of these crimes, and they know the likely resulting scenarios are...

    1) Live victim, testifying at trial, get executed, or
    2) Dead victim, no body found, no witness, no trial, get off scot-free

    ...which route do you think they will choose?

    Is it guaranteed they would choose #2? Of course, not. Nothing is absolute, but enough would that you would be effectively sentencing a great deal many more victims to their own death sentence. Now, they still might get caught anyway, this is true, but by eliminating the witness they stack the odds in their own favor.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •