Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 364

Thread: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

  1. #141
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Exactly you don't, you're caught up in the emotion and hysteria; you are not capable of thinking about this rationally.
    Man, that's outright funny. You say that these scum have worth, and refuse to define it, and continue to try and spin things around.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #142
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Again, now that you have moved from value to worth, what is the 'worth' of a serial rapist? Of a repeat offender child abuser?

    I am hearing a lot of generalities and avoidance. If you claim they have 'worth', WHAT IS IT?

    Is it because of your beliefs in myths, or is your belief based in something more concrete and real?
    All humans are humans, and that is a fundamental equality. And because of that, we have natural rights. Natural rights are innate and inalienable.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #143
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Sick puppies are sick.
    And should be put down... Why you refuse it is still a mystery.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #144
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Man, that's outright funny. You say that these scum have worth, and refuse to define it, and continue to try and spin things around.
    It's because I'm looking at the system removed from eyes of hate. It is rational and logical argument which leads to this point.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #145
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    All humans are humans, and that is a fundamental equality. And because of that, we have natural rights. Natural rights are innate and inalienable.
    Man, you are moving those goal posts all over the field.

    Let me know when you can answer the question: "what worth does a repeat offending child molester have?"
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #146
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    And should be put down... Why you refuse it is still a mystery.
    Mmmm, it may be true, but you may not like the particular outcome. Despots and madman the world round may infringe so heavily upon the rights and liberties of the individual that they must be put down. You should try to consider which side of that equation you're on.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #147
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Man, you are moving those goal posts all over the field.

    Let me know when you can answer the question: "what worth does a repeat offending child molester have?"
    It's the same as I've said all along. Human life has intrinsic value. A "repeat offending child molester" (note you're still using the extremes rather than the statistics; but whatever). Which means that the child molester has the same base worth as any other human being in existence.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #148
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's because I'm looking at the system removed from eyes of hate. It is rational and logical argument which leads to this point.
    I know you want to try and paint those that disagree as hateful, mean, and other things. It doesn't fly. There is no emotion here... those that commit certain crimes in society have removed their 'right' to be a part of humanity. There is no fixing them.

    No, it is not rational and logical argument, it is that libertarian 'thing' of not saying what you mean, and not standing up for anything.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #149
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's the same as I've said all along.
    You have said nothing all along. You keep dodging.

    What is the value such a person has?

    What is the basis of your belief that such scum have any value?

    Why will you not specifically define what the 'value' or 'worth' of such a person is?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #150
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Death penalty for rapist and pedophiles?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I know you want to try and paint those that disagree as hateful, mean, and other things. It doesn't fly. There is no emotion here... those that commit certain crimes in society have removed their 'right' to be a part of humanity. There is no fixing them.

    No, it is not rational and logical argument, it is that libertarian 'thing' of not saying what you mean, and not standing up for anything.
    Those who commit certain crimes can stand before a jury of their peers and their peers may decide their fate. If it's finite, then it's finite. And even then it's restricted as infinite government force may not be called down. There is various amount of government force able to be called down in response to actions; but it is not unlimited and any system we enact, we must understand the repercussions of.

    Your last sentence was just desperate attack, and was embarrassing. Please try not to fall to such pathetic displays of reflex.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •