View Poll Results: Would you vote for a candidate who...

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 18.18%
  • No

    18 81.82%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Would you vote for a candidate who...

  1. #31
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Obama directly ordered the assassination of an American citizen without due process. The weather underground may have been reckless violent idiots, but they at least had the decency to give out warnings before they blew up a building. Ayers is a bad person, but he has committed fewer felonies than either of the last two administrations.

  2. #32
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ... had a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist?
    I think we need a working definition of terrorist before we can answer but a good number of us probably have without knowing it. Others voted for some with one in their cabinet. I don't think I ever have however. Prior to the Bush 41, you'd be surprised at some of the stuff that went on.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  3. #33
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,436
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Like this guy?


    Those working in government securing our freedom and using one group of idiots (like Saddam) as a counterweight to the Iranians during the Cold War doesn't qualify. Agree or disagree, these decisions are in the interest of the nation whether you or I particularly like their choice or not.

    I'm looking more at the tolerance level of private individuals who sought the assistance or a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist or terrorists. Could someone... and why would someone vote for an individual with so little character or judgment?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #34
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ... had a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist?
    Didn't we re-elect Reagan?

    So, I guess so.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #35
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,436
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Didn't we re-elect Reagan?

    So, I guess so.
    Oh! So Reagan sought out terrorists before coming to office? Had them as counsel? Did they assist him up the ladder in the Republican Party?
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #36
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Those working in government securing our freedom and using one group of idiots (like Saddam) as a counterweight to the Iranians during the Cold War doesn't qualify.
    Because you say so?

    Terrorism is a method. Whether your goals are noble or not does not change the fact that using terrorism as a method means you are a terrorist.

    Agree or disagree, these decisions are in the interest of the nation whether you or I particularly like their choice or not.
    You are not free to unilaterally redefine words to suit your piss poor arguments.

    I'm looking more at the tolerance level of private individuals who sought the assistance or a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist or terrorists. Could someone... and why would someone vote for an individual with so little character or judgment?
    Well, we reelected Reagan. And Bush. Both of who had relationships with unrepentant terrorists (or those who funded them).

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Oh! So Reagan sought out terrorists before coming to office? Had them as counsel? Did they assist him up the ladder in the Republican Party?
    Why does before or after being in office matter?

    Bush has close ties to the House of Saud, who funds terrorists. And had them before he entered office. They helped bail him out when he drove his baseball team into the ground.

    If you think you haven't gotten owned here, you're only kidding yourself.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #37
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Attachment 67146412

    Ronald Reagan Did Not Say Taliban Had Morals Of Our Founding Fathers - YouTube!

    you judge for yourself, sorry for the foul remarks the speaker makes

  8. #38
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,436
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    Attachment 67146412

    Ronald Reagan Did Not Say Taliban Had Morals Of Our Founding Fathers - YouTube!

    you judge for yourself, sorry for the foul remarks the speaker makes
    Europeans don't have the morals of our Founding Fathers... and ... I clarified this above. In capacity as a private citizen before taking office.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #39
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,436
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Because you say so?
    Yes because I say so. The question in the OP is related to someone who would seek said terrorist out before seeking office.

    You are not free to unilaterally redefine words to suit your piss poor arguments.
    I am free to unilaterally define what the thread's thrust is. You don't like it... tough darts.

    It's not an "argument" either... the OP stated a question.

    Tell me... at what level would you accept a candidate having a relationship with a known terrorist? Would you accept it?
    Did you accept it?


    Well, we reelected Reagan. And Bush. Both of who had relationships with unrepentant terrorists (or those who funded them).
    Reagan sought out an unrepentant terrorist for counsel? Bush too? How about some meat on them bones.

    Why does before or after being in office matter?
    Doh... because in government you sometimes have to deal with evil.

    Bush has close ties to the House of Saud, who funds terrorists. And had them before he entered office. They helped bail him out when he drove his baseball team into the ground.
    Bush bought into the team in 1989 and left in 93 or 94. The Islamic terror wave didn't start until after that. Nice try.

    If you think you haven't gotten owned here, you're only kidding yourself.
    Like you owned me on taxes (which you self destructed in your very first post), or Autobahns (which you're never driven on), or compact cars... or a whole host of your imaginary "owns".

    I'll congratulate you for a first though... you actually didn't twist any words that were posted in order to warp the conversation, but I have the funny feeling that isn't going to last. But... firsts are firsts... CONGRATULATIONS!
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #40
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Would you vote for a candidate who...

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yes because I say so. The question in the OP is related to someone who would seek said terrorist out before seeking office.
    No it's not.

    "Would you vote for a candidate who had a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist?"

    There isn't a damn thing about before seeking office. You're just adding that because YOU GOT PWNED.

    I am free to unilaterally define what the thread's thrust is. You don't like it... tough darts.
    And we're free to point out your dishonesty.

    It's not an argument either... the OP stated a question
    Which has absolutely nothing to do with "before seeking office."

    Reagan sought out an unrepentant terrorist for counsel? Bush too? How about some meat on them bones.
    I see you are still completely unable to argue without dishonesty.

    Here is your OP:

    "Would you vote for a candidate who had a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist?"

    Where does it say anything about before office?


    Doh... because in government you sometimes have to deal with evil.

    Bush bought into the team in 1989 and left in 93 or 94. The Islamic terror wave didn't start until after that. Nice try.
    Really? You mean that Islamic terrorists weren't doing anything before '93? Maybe you should ask the Russians how they feel about that statement.

    And let's not forget how Saudi Arabia had funded terrorists in Israel. Both small and large groups like the PLO.

    I see you are deliberately ignoring my point about how terrorism is a method.

    Like you owned me on taxes (which you self destructed in your very first post), or Autobahns (which you're never driven on), or compact cars... or a whole host of your imaginary "owns".
    I see you are still fabricating lies. Anyone can go to those threads and see you are still a huge liar.

    I'll congratulate you for a first though... you actually didn't twist any words that were posted in order to warp the conversation, but I have the funny feeling that isn't going to last. But... firsts are firsts... CONGRATULATIONS!
    It's funny trying to watch you pretend you never got pwed.

    FYI, once again, here is your OP:

    "Would you vote for a candidate who had a relationship with an unrepentant terrorist?"

    And yes, the American people have done so. Obama, Bush and Reagan in the last 30 years.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •