View Poll Results: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    110 83.33%
  • No

    22 16.67%
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 215

Thread: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

  1. #181
    Banned 26 X World Champs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side of Manhattan (10024)
    Last Seen
    07-04-08 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,536

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can be a christian just not a good one if you advocate slaughter in the womb
    So now you're doing a 180 degree about face, AGAIN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride
    I don't believe any true Christian supports attrocities or abortions performed for convenience or as a means of birth control.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...tml#post441887

    So let's see...you start an inflammatory poll meant to attack people for not "being Christian" if they're Pro-Choice which totally backfires on you when 88% of the people here tell you you're wrong....then you write that you do not beleve any "true Christian" is Pro-Choice...but now in another one of your fine examples of amnesia / ignorance / hypocrisy/ BULL**** you back pedal and say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can be a christian just not a good one if you advocate slaughter in the womb
    What's so amazing about your "Christianity" Navy Pride is that you, yourself, make up your own rules. You do not adhere to what the Catholic Church says or what Jesus said....you make it all up and have the balls to judge other people's faith!

    This thread is the ESSENCE of who you are Navy Pride...and once again you've been exposed by many DP posters as someone whose agenda is to bull**** everyone here including himself...ironically each time you start and contribute to these sort of threads you cement your standing in this communinty as someone who is typically hypocritical and unsubstantive in his writings...in simple words Navy Pride....Your threads and posts are full of sh!t.

  2. #182
    Banned 26 X World Champs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side of Manhattan (10024)
    Last Seen
    07-04-08 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,536

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    So do you need to believe in Christ by His own admission to go to heaven?
    You left out my point that Jews do not believe in "heaven" so you're point has no more meaning to me than my point that being pro-choice is a positive religious experience...that is not the way you think or in your belief system so I can say it over and over again and each time it will mean nothing to you...just like your writing about Heaven means nothing to me...Right?

  3. #183
    Banned 26 X World Champs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side of Manhattan (10024)
    Last Seen
    07-04-08 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,536

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its just common sense my left wing friend you can call yourself a Christian and believe its ok to butcher innocent babies in the womb then you are not a good Christian.........I did not make it up.Its a fact..................
    No, it's not a fact to anyone who has a cognitive ability to reason and consider multiple points of view...it's only a "fact" to YOU Navy Pride and to the slim minority (12%) here who are unable to cope with someone choosing what is OK for themselves...you're posts sound like what a sheep would "write"...You claim / pretend to abide by what you're "told" to do by your Church though in TRUTH you mutate what the Catholic church teaches.

    In AA there's a saying that is not meant to be used to describe your point of view re religion Navy Pride but it is appropriate because of the way you clone the Catholic church teachings:

    "Take what you need and leave the rest" best describes what I believe is Navy Pride's warped view of Jesus...and all anyone has to do is to "read the writings of the Prophet Navy Pride" to witness these truths....

  4. #184
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its just common sense my left wing friend you can call yourself a Christian and believe its ok to butcher innocent babies in the womb then you are not a good Christian.........I did not make it up.Its a fact..................
    There are no FACTS in Christianity....plain and simple. It is Impossible for a fact to exist in a doctrine handed down for decades by word of mouth, and subsequenty interpreted, and translated for mellinia. Even if we are to take the Two Thousand yr. old version as true Godspeak....there is absolutely no chance the versions you read today are identical to the original.
    Added to this, we have the realtime interpretations found in the minds of individual "Christians" as they feel their own ways down the path to salvation, taking such aspects of the already compromised scripture as they feel fits within their understanding of God. Thus I firmly believe there is no single God...but instead as many Gods as there are faithful followers of the everchanging belief in it.
    Someone may not be a "Good Christian" to you Navy...but, they are just fine in the eyes of God, as they made it for themselves just as you did. That you lack the Humility to respect the Gods of others...really does little to make the "Good Christian" claim appealing in the least. If God wants me to be like you....I'm Going To Hell....heh.

    I don't much care if I'm on Gods side....so long as He's on MY side.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    There are no FACTS in Christianity....plain and simple. It is Impossible for a fact to exist in a doctrine handed down for decades by word of mouth, and subsequenty interpreted, and translated for mellinia.
    You only need to find one white crow to be able to say that not all crows are black......

    The bible says that there are people called Jews:
    Esther 2:5
    Now there was in the citadel of Susa a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin, named Mordecai son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish,
    Jews do, infact, exist.
    tashah.

    Your claim "there are no facts in Christianity" is thus disproved.

    Not all crows are black.

    I agree with you that a translated document has error, no matter how honest the translation is.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-08 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,619

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Skip said, “Pro-abortion =/= pro-choice. Good that we've cleared that up.”

    Ok skip Mr. pro-choicer……….which one don’t ya agree with?

    How about this one……pro-child abuse = pro-choice………….pro-drugs = pro-choice…………..pro-rape = pro-choice………………pro-spousal abuse = pro-choice

    You pro-choicers are so open, and willing to accept almost anything.

    “And obviously we have another ignorer of statistics, the divide here is fairly even with the advantage toward the conservative side of the spectrum.”

    You have 50 some posts, and you think the majority on here are pro-life, anti-abortion. Hon ya got to stay on here longer than that to see that your wrong.

    You could count on one hand the people against abortion. The majority are pro-choice and condone abortion as a method of birth control.


    “My heart tells me that, as a Christian, I'd rather have the ability for a woman to abort a sub-human fetus rather than suffer through the worst year of her life before committing suicide, or before being coerced into birthing a child and providing a negligent level of care for the child.”

    As a Christian then you know that one day you will have the opportunity to try to convince God of just that…….. that your heart was right. Good luck. I don’t think He would classify life He created as SUB anything.


    We are all His creations. So sorry you don’t consider the fetus, the unborn human child as creations of God, but worthy to die.


    And you need to do some investigating about the rates of suicide prior to abortions legalization in 1973, because it was extremely low.


    I stand by my position that no true scripture knowledgable Christian would condone abortion.


    You said, “Oh - well sorry if I was unclear, but I'm sure I never said I believed it was OK to butcher innocent babies, much less if they were in a womb somewhere. I hope I cleared that up well enough. J

    Well you did not.


    I’m confused because your saying two different things. You said you wanted the woman to be able to have the ability to abort. Then you told Navy you said butchering the sub-human life is wrong. Which is it?


    26 X World Champs said, “You left out my point that Jews do not believe in "heaven" so you're point has no more meaning to me than my point that being pro-choice is a positive religious experience...that is not the way you think or in your belief system so I can say it over and over again and each time it will mean nothing to you...just like your writing about Heaven means nothing to me...Right?”

    Maybe I did not understand the question, I‘ll go back and look. I was referring to the question whether anyone who denies Christ goes to heaven which would include Jews as well.

    I posted Jesus answer to this question. Its not about what I think or say, for a Christian its all about what Christ says.

  7. #187
    Educator Skip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    07-24-14 @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    742

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    Ok skip Mr. pro-choicer……….which one don’t ya agree with?

    How about this one……pro-child abuse = pro-choice………….pro-drugs = pro-choice…………..pro-rape = pro-choice………………pro-spousal abuse = pro-choice

    You pro-choicers are so open, and willing to accept almost anything.
    Hmmm... well, out of your four choices, I'm gonna go with "none of the above". Considering that I am pro-choice, but anti-child abuse, anti-drugs, anti-rape, & anti-spousal abuse, I'd have to say you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    You have 50 some posts, and you think the majority on here are pro-life, anti-abortion. Hon ya got to stay on here longer than that to see that your wrong.
    I've been reading these boards without an account since the summer of 2005. Which, by my count, is longer than you've been a member. But I'll be willing to call it even just because I'm nice like that

    A quick check of the stats page (http://www.debatepolitics.com/stats.php) could disprove your theory pretty quickly. And if you want to still say that the vast majority are pro-choice, well, doesn't that hurt your argument? You'd be on the radical fringe of the far-right wing.

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    As a Christian then you know that one day you will have the opportunity to try to convince God of just that…….. that your heart was right.
    What I believe in my heart through prayer is what I believe. No amount of persecution is going to change my mind and coerce me to forsake my religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    We are all His creations. So sorry you don’t consider the fetus, the unborn human child as creations of God, but worthy to die.
    Are you a vegetarian? Let's say that you are. YOU'RE KILLING GOD'S TOMATOES! Let's say that you're not. YOU'RE KILLING GOD'S CHICKENS! A fetus is a creation of God but that, in itself, does not place it on the same level as a human, now, does it? A fetus is a life form capable of becoming a human - in other (scientific) words, subhuman.

    I stand by my position that no true scripture knowledgable Christian would condone abortion.

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    Well you did not.
    Well, then I guess I will right now. I'm coming out with a controversial statement: I don't believe in butchering innocent babies inside a womb.

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    I’m confused because your saying two different things. You said you wanted the woman to be able to have the ability to abort. Then you told Navy you said butchering the sub-human life is wrong. Which is it?
    Are you calling babies a subhuman form of life?
    "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." President Bush, under "Mission Accomplished" banner, May 1, 2003.
    Since then, more than 3,970 American soldiers have died in Iraq.

  8. #188
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    The majority are pro-choice and condone abortion as a method of birth control.
    What utter bull****. You couldn't honestly believe that most of the people here actually condone the use of abortion as a method of birth control. Thats your straw man for the pro-choice position that almost NOBODY actually believes, just like your misuse of "pro-abortion".
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  9. #189
    Counselor

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 05:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,856

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's like baptizing babies. You can spray all the holy water you want on the baby. He/she wont know what God/Jesus or the Holy Spirit are.
    I wonder if y0u do. Believe it or not, baptized babies grow up, have lives and go to church, read and learn. just as you might have done.

  10. #190
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    11-04-08 @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    Ok skip Mr. pro-choicer……….which one don’t ya agree with?

    How about this one……pro-child abuse = pro-choice………….pro-drugs = pro-choice…………..pro-rape = pro-choice………………pro-spousal abuse = pro-choice

    You pro-choicers are so open, and willing to accept almost anything.
    Oh, so you enjoy generalizing, right? This is equivalent of me saying that Pro-Lifers like to see retarded babies born and Pro-Lifers like to see rape victims have to take on the burden of taking care of a child, they didn't want
    No, sorry I'm not willing to accept "almost anything" because I'm pro-choice and look at that, I don't agree with a single thing you just posted about them here.Can you at least explain your justification for your claims.How does Pro-Choice magically = Pro-Rape and Pro-Drugs?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •