View Poll Results: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    110 83.33%
  • No

    22 16.67%
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 215

Thread: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

  1. #161
    User Spencer Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    114

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The above paragraph offers no substantiation for your claim other than "You would know God's thoughts and opinions if only he talked to you like he talks to me." Any student in logic will tell you that that's a completely irrational argument..
    I'm not going to bite on your strawman tactics.Any "student" of scripture knows that one should not isolate scripture but you go well beyond that.You also deliberately misquote me and I take note of your juvenile attempts to detract from the intent of my post.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Either way, the mother would be dying the same way as the fetus. If someone fights with a pregnant woman and accidentally kills the fetus, it would be manslaughter (if we start with your assumption that the fetus is a human). If someone fights with a pregnant woman and accidentally kills her, it would be manslaughter. So the "crime" is the same, yet according to Exodus the killer receives less punishment for killing the fetus than the woman. How do you explain this, if they are valued the same?
    The fetus IS a human,any grade school student knows this fact."If someone fights with a pregnant woman and accidentally kills her, it would be manslaughter"..Agreed..yeah and your point? "So the "crime" is the same, yet according to Exodus the killer receives less punishment for killing the fetus than the woman." Answer: Sure the "killer" who kills the mother receives less punishment for "accidentally" killing the fetus. Both deaths were an "accident" and it is reasonable to assume he did not know the mother was even pregnant! Also...the fetus was not the [focus] or target of the attack. Makes sense to me,who am I to question God's judgement..who are you to question it? God will judge each of us on a case by case basis.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Once again, nothing rational here to substantiate your claim.
    Oh I don't know about that,I think I did pretty good showing how irrational your assertions were! You read scripture but obviously you do not understand it. You make an incredible error in your assumption that God does not place the same value on the fetus as he does the mother.He knew the fetus was not the [target] of the attack,the mother was! You could not see this then and you cannot see it now. God has a much better sense of justice than you do that's all.




    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Let's just say that I follow the morals of Jesus, as described in the Bible, better than most people who call themselves Christians do.
    Well..that's a start,you follow the morals of Jesus. So what are Christians? are they not also followers of Jesus? Oh I get it..your willing to admit that you follow his morals but you stop short of saying you are a Christian. Perhaps you fear making a commitment to follow his "teachings". Now folks that's a real interesting dichotomy! Kandahar follows the morals but not the teaching part. Are not Jesus's morals associated with his teachings? So you follow the morals of Jesus "better" than most Christians do? Frankly..I find that statement "difficult" to believe! You believe that one can call themselves Christian and be Pro Abortion! You have destroyed your entire argument in your self serving claim as superior in morals as compared to most Christians! WWJD? He would not condone abortion under any circumstances..ah but you and your false morality would.Now go "play" debate with your fellow enemy combatents but don't miss your school bus in the morning!
    "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. " - George Orwell

  2. #162
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    It's like baptizing babies. You can spray all the holy water you want on the baby. He/she wont know what God/Jesus or the Holy Spirit are.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #163
    Banned 26 X World Champs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side of Manhattan (10024)
    Last Seen
    07-04-08 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,536

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Collins View Post
    WWJD? He would not condone abortion under any circumstances..ah but you and your false morality would.Now go "play" debate with your fellow enemy combatents but don't miss your school bus in the morning!
    Let me get this straight? In YOUR world anyone who is Pro-Choice is NOT a Christian...anyone? So the MAJORITY of Americans are not Christian by your standard therefore Christians can stop trying to impose their personal beliefs unto our government, i.e. being anti-choice or pro prayer in school?

    BTW - I'm a Jew so I find all of this litmus testing to be a Christian quite interesting. So where does that leave me, as a Jew in your world? Do you know that Jewish people do not believe in life after death...we believe in Heaven on Earth...that the memories one leaves of oneself equate to Heaven. When I think of my Dad who passed away almost 20 years ago his memory, his life, his teachings, his love are all alive in me and have been "reborn" if you will in my children, one of whom was 1 year old when he died and the other one was not yet born but they know my Dad, what he looked like, what he did in his life, what his parents did and what sort of man he was...that is how Jews believe in Heaven by perpetuating and celebrating the life of someone who has passed.

    So if you think (and I don't know if you do or not) that all Jews are going to "hell" simply for being Jewish or all humans who live in parts of the world that Christianity has never touched are also going to hell then I think that view of religion is as mutated as the so-called fanatical religions that Christians seem to snub their nose at...like when Doughgirl calls everyone she disagrees with "PAGAN" and she uses it as a slur, a put-down a personal attack...

  4. #164
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Collins View Post
    I'm not going to bite on your strawman tactics.Any "student" of scripture knows that one should not isolate scripture but you go well beyond that.You also deliberately misquote me and I take note of your juvenile attempts to detract from the intent of my post.

    I am a student of scripture....and what you would likely term as Pagan. Having spent well over 20 yrs in the fold of Church doctrine, I have read, and UNDERSTOOD more scripture, from various religions than you will likely ever see. Yet, I cannot be called a Christian, as I do not accept the "Christ" as my personal savior. Simply reading the Bibles, does not make one Christian in my mind....and more than reading the Qu'ran, makes one Muslim.



    The fetus IS a human,any grade school student knows this fact."If someone fights with a pregnant woman and accidentally kills her, it would be manslaughter"..Agreed..yeah and your point? "So the "crime" is the same, yet according to Exodus the killer receives less punishment for killing the fetus than the woman." Answer: Sure the "killer" who kills the mother receives less punishment for "accidentally" killing the fetus. Both deaths were an "accident" and it is reasonable to assume he did not know the mother was even pregnant! Also...the fetus was not the [focus] or target of the attack. Makes sense to me,who am I to question God's judgement..who are you to question it? God will judge each of us on a case by case basis.

    I am me....and fully capable of questioning all aspects of your God, as well as my own. The conceit you show in claiming to know God, is the primary reason you are dismissed out of hand as relevant to anothers reality, Your God is your own....and likely bares small resemblance to that of any other Christian, as it is based on individual sections of a book that requires translation bu the human mind.....which is quite unique to its owner.

    Oh I don't know about that,I think I did pretty good showing how irrational your assertions were! You read scripture but obviously you do not understand it. You make an incredible error in your assumption that God does not place the same value on the fetus as he does the mother.He knew the fetus was not the [target] of the attack,the mother was! You could not see this then and you cannot see it now. God has a much better sense of justice than you do that's all.

    Again....you state "who am I to question God's judgement..who are you to question it?"....yet this is exactly what you are doing. You have taken the words in scripture, and created the context required to agree with your assumption....as does EVERYONE who uses the books. There is no fault in this, as it is what the Bibles are for....but at the very least, accept that translation and interpretation of the scriptures are par for the course.


    Well..that's a start,you follow the morals of Jesus. So what are Christians? are they not also followers of Jesus? Oh I get it..your willing to admit that you follow his morals but you stop short of saying you are a Christian.

    As do most who take the bibles in context of world religious doctrine, and study true spirituality....rather than one book. Believe it or not, there is more to the Human quest for enlightenment, than a single interpretation of Gods word. One can follow the words of Christ, and indeed his teachings, without accepting him as the Son of God.

    Perhaps you fear making a commitment to follow his "teachings". Now folks that's a real interesting dichotomy! Kandahar follows the morals but not the teaching part. Are not Jesus's morals associated with his teachings? So you follow the morals of Jesus "better" than most Christians do? Frankly..I find that statement "difficult" to believe!

    Do you read the news....at all. Those that represent Christianity on its face in the Media, are far from the teachings of Christ.....Very Far Indeed.


    You believe that one can call themselves Christian and be Pro Abortion!You have destroyed your entire argument in your self serving claim as superior in morals as compared to most Christians! WWJD? He would not condone abortion under any circumstances..ah but you and your false morality would.Now go "play" debate with your fellow enemy combatents but don't miss your school bus in the morning!

    First....the last part of your diatribe is very...uh...Christian, isnt it. Secondly, you are now speaking as a prophet for God, in Knowing his Mind, and claiming moral superiority based on it. And third, your claim of debate skills is proven inaccurate by your own posts, as you do not type anything but opinion, as unfortunately you must in this type of debate...you could however, add much needed respect to your claims with three little words:

    "In My Opinion".

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-08 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,619

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    God Bless you Navy........keep it going. This site is very liberal and pro-everything but God.

    AND WELCOME SPENSER COLLINS.....ANOTHER BROTHER IN CHRIST.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by 26 X World Champs View Post
    Big "FFFing" deal...I voted for two Republicans this last election but I most definitely am a Democrat...and as pointed out in my last post you most definitely are a Republican but you're too shamed to admit you are....
    Well in the state of Washington that is illegal in the primary....
    Last edited by Navy Pride; 12-08-06 at 07:34 PM.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #167
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by galenrox View Post
    So thus you admit that it's a ridiculous question, considering that you admit that there are people who are definately christians who are pro choice.

    Sure as I said there are exceptions to every rule........Take for example John Kerry.....He is a Catholic and when he talks to people from the bible belt he is pro life but when he talks to New England snobs he is pro choice/abortion.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Let me get this straight? In YOUR world anyone who is Pro-Choice is NOT a Christian...anyone? So the MAJORITY of Americans are not Christian by your standard therefore Christians can stop trying to impose their personal beliefs unto our government, i.e. being anti-choice or pro prayer in school?
    Brilliant, 26X.
    If this were chess, you would've won with that post.

    Keep em coming.


  9. #169
    The Left Roars Back, meow
    hipsterdufus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    08-07-16 @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,317

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    All 3 of my votes went into "yes", and I'm no liberal, so.....

    I take it as a given that these are not scientific polls. Also, it is an uncommon person who has ready access to @30 different computers (like I do), and if they did, I doubt that they would admit to it (like I did), but would keep it a secret (like I did not); nor know how to change their IP, so, in general, I think that these polls do represent the general opinion within reason for an unscientific poll.

    If I were Vague and had to choose between closing the polls to guests or permitting this sort of rare stacking, I would leave the polls as they are. The value of guests being able to vote is greater than the value lost by a stacked poll.
    Personally I think the polls should be closed until this problem is fixed.

    Or maybe a paper trail....

  10. #170
    Banned 26 X World Champs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Upper West Side of Manhattan (10024)
    Last Seen
    07-04-08 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,536

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Well in the state of Washington that is illegal in the primary....
    So you don't vote in the primary????

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •