View Poll Results: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    110 83.33%
  • No

    22 16.67%
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 215

Thread: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

  1. #141
    conliberaservatarianist
    ngdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    trackside
    Last Seen
    02-22-09 @ 07:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    So, conceivably (conceivably, get it?), all polls are worthless. Ironically, many, like this one, started by NP himself.....
    However, I somehow doubt that every so-called liberal went hopping from pc to pc to vote in this ridiculous thing...I didn't vote at all simply because I take the OP to mean just what it says and since I am not a Christian, I can't call myself one, now, can I?
    http://www.patriotguard.org
    We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security.

  2. #142
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Collins View Post
    Spencer..It in no way undermines my point! With God all things are possible unless you don't believe in him or you have a warped idea of who he IS. To think that he would have little to no objection to abortion proves that you do not have his Spirit within you! No..I think YOU missed the point,you think God has opened your mind to the understanding of scriptures. You quote them,juggle them but you do not understand them! You do not yet have the spirit within you,if you did,there would be no doubt in your mind that God opposes abortion.
    The above paragraph offers no substantiation for your claim other than "You would know God's thoughts and opinions if only he talked to you like he talks to me." Any student in logic will tell you that that's a completely irrational argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Collins
    Spencer...The life of the "fetus" is not assigned a lower value than the life of an adult human! That passage of scripture was referring to an "accidental" abortion not an "intentional" abortion no?
    Either way, the mother would be dying the same way as the fetus. If someone fights with a pregnant woman and accidentally kills the fetus, it would be manslaughter (if we start with your assumption that the fetus is a human). If someone fights with a pregnant woman and accidentally kills her, it would be manslaughter. So the "crime" is the same, yet according to Exodus the killer receives less punishment for killing the fetus than the woman. How do you explain this, if they are valued the same?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Collins
    If you possess "The Light Of The Spirit" you would have seen this distinction from the onset! It was YOU who missed the point and you will continue to miss the point until you welcome the spirit into your life. You argue for the pure "Joy" of argument,you do not seek the truth because you "believe" you already posses it.[/B]
    Once again, nothing rational here to substantiate your claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Collins
    Spencer...My God? you mean he is not yours as well? Now we are getting at at the crux of "your" issue! Who IS your God? Declare him NOW or there is no point in further discussion. My God is Yahweh.[B]Step up to the plate,who IS your God?
    Let's just say that I follow the morals of Jesus, as described in the Bible, better than most people who call themselves Christians do.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #143
    Owner/Admin
    Benevolent Dictator Schweddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    11,512
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngdawg View Post
    So, conceivably (conceivably, get it?), all polls are worthless. Ironically, many, like this one, started by NP himself.....
    However, I somehow doubt that every so-called liberal went hopping from pc to pc to vote in this ridiculous thing...I didn't vote at all simply because I take the OP to mean just what it says and since I am not a Christian, I can't call myself one, now, can I?
    I would not discount *all* guests voting. The vast majority of them would be legitimate. But, it is not a closed loop system. If someone wanted to "stack the deck" they could.

    All other forums do not allow guest voting. To get a more accurate picture of members only - open a poll topically.

    Still looking into the cookie thing.
    If you analyse it, I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

    I am also known as "vauge".

  4. #144
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Can you call yourself Christian and be for genicide in the Womb?
    Yes. The conept of being a "Christian" is far reaching. It seems that those that try to limit what it means to be a Christian might be less Christian than some of those that they are questioning in the first place.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?.......Noted.
    The point is Gunny it can be and is being done................That is why this poll is so one sided....Sad that liberals resort to this kind of dishonesty..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #146
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    I would not discount *all* guests voting. The vast majority of them would be legitimate. But, it is not a closed loop system. If someone wanted to "stack the deck" they could.

    All other forums do not allow guest voting. To get a more accurate picture of members only - open a poll topically.

    Still looking into the cookie thing.
    Thanks a lot Vauge....I would love to run this poll again when you close the loopholes.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #147
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Thanks a lot Vauge....I would love to run this poll again when you close the loopholes.........

    It is completely irrational for you to think that the forum progressives are so retarded as to go to their local library and jump from computer to computer voting in a ridiculous poll that has very little meaning in the first place.

    Please start thinking straight and enough with the conspiracy theories man.
    Your making your beloved conservatives look bad.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by doughgirl View Post
    This website is made up primarily of left wing pagan liberal democrats, who are pro-abortion, ani-war Bush haters. Thats a no-brainer.
    Really? A No Brainer you say? Why does the Forum "Stats" page prove you to be ENTIRELY WRONG! You really shouldn't speak on something that you aren't certain about.

    As per the Stats page: http://www.debatepolitics.com/stats.php

    Conservative/Very Conservatrive/Slightly Conservative: 185 total members
    Liberal/Very Liberal/Slightly Liberal: 160 total members
    Moderate/Centrists/Independents: 185 total members

    So, as you can see, the conservative group on this forum is equal to the Independent/Moderate group, which is actually higher than the national level for such comparison, since nationally there are more independents than conservatives or liberals.
    Therefore, How does that foot taste????

    I don't know what you were trying to prove by the poll Navy but God luv ya.
    Oh, You have come to cheer him oh eh?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    As per the Stats page: http://www.debatepolitics.com/stats.php

    Conservative/Very Conservatrive/Slightly Conservative: 185 total members
    Liberal/Very Liberal/Slightly Liberal: 160 total members
    Moderate/Centrists/Independents: 185 total members
    That is and easy one Caine because a lot of those people under the M/C/I category are actually flaming liberals.......They are just to ashamed to admit it........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #150
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Can you call yourself Christian and be Pro Abortion/Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It is completely irrational for you to think that the forum progressives are so retarded as to go to their local library and jump from computer to computer voting in a ridiculous poll that has very little meaning in the first place.

    Please start thinking straight and enough with the conspiracy theories man.
    Your making your beloved conservatives look bad.

    I would not put anything past Liberals... You just heard how easy it is to do so......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •