View Poll Results: Does obama look like a president or a spoiled child

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup, looks quite presidential to me

    21 25.93%
  • Looks like a spoiled child

    60 74.07%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: obama's temper tantrum

  1. #71
    Professor
    marywollstonecraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-13 @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,317

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by babilfish View Post
    Good god, do you people actually ever answer something someone ask you?

    With rights come responsibilities. The government also has a duty to protect the general public.

    The government can and should intervene if they think you pose a credible danger to your fellow citizens.
    which is all pretty obvious to a rational person.
    Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.

  2. #72
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    I think that saying he looked like a spoiled child is quite a stretch. While I don't agree with the bill he wanted passed (because it wouldn't have done anything) I don't mind that it's a subject he's passionate about and lets it show.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    another sawyer "poll", another cheap piece of underhanded partisan hackery masquerading as such.
    Well at least it's in line with the rest of the government then, including this speech by Obama.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by babilfish View Post
    Good god, do you people actually ever answer something someone ask you?

    With rights come responsibilities. The government also has a duty to protect the general public.

    The government can and should intervene if they think you pose a credible danger to your fellow citizens.
    I'm not sure how that follows. If rights come with responsibilities, which btw are personal, and the government has a duty to protect the general public then how exactly does that trump their duty to protect the rights of the people?

  5. #75
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Obama's a clown.
    Which answer his point how?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #76
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which answer his point how?
    I didn't recall I have a duty to answer questions. four days for this response of yours

    hmmmmmm



  7. #77
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I didn't recall I have a duty to answer questions.
    It helps the discussion if you do. But I was just checking. I think he got you, and you resorted to yeah but. So, now I know for sure.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #78
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It helps the discussion if you do. But I was just checking. I think he got you, and you resorted to yeah but. So, now I know for sure.
    so your point is what? you love Obama? you feel a need to support posters I disagree with because I don't agree with your anti gun, pro Obama posts?



  9. #79
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,779

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by marywollstonecraft View Post
    which is all pretty obvious to a rational person.
    wrong-the government's response has to be both constitutional and a narrowly tailored attempt to actually address a real problem

    the Obama demands meet neither test



  10. #80
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: obama's temper tantrum

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so your point is what? you love Obama? you feel a need to support posters I disagree with because I don't agree with your anti gun, pro Obama posts?
    What didn't you follow? He beat you on the point. That's all. You had no coherent rebuttal. It's a simple point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •