View Poll Results: Would you marry a stripper?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if I believed she truly loved me for me and not because I was saving her.

    40 48.78%
  • No, nothing but trouble there.

    42 51.22%
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 601 to 609 of 609

Thread: Would you marry a stripper?

  1. #601
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Baytown, Texas
    Last Seen
    05-14-13 @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    15

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Probably not, but not because they are a stripper. I wouldn't be happy with my woman showing off her body to others. That is for me and for me only if we are in a serious relationship.

  2. #602
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I think this is funny, though - why marry? Why not 'date' - or 'get to know personally' or 'fall in love with'

    Why marry? . . . no one jumps right to that unless they're drunk and in vegas.
    I brought that up early in this topic, the love question.

    A man is dating a woman. She is intelligent, conversation flows easily, graceful, greatly enjoys being with her, same goals in life, great personality and sense of humor, is attractive to him, and - finally - formally engaged to be married.

    Then at a restaurant, she says that back in college one year she just didn't have enough money for the next semester, so did dancing at a high class gentleman's dinner club for a few weeks during the summer for enough to tuition and books.

    He takes open his wallet, puts $100 on the table, says "it isn't going to work out" - and leaves thinking he almost really ruined his life by marrying her, mumbling to himself: "Damn those strippers! They should require that be tatooed on their forehead!" feeling completely tricked and betrayed.

    Whereupon 2 years later he marries a Sunday school teacher - her wise enough to never mention she was giving curbside $20 BJs when she was 17.

  3. #603
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I brought that up early in this topic, the love question.

    A man is dating a woman. She is intelligent, conversation flows easily, graceful, greatly enjoys being with her, same goals in life, great personality and sense of humor, is attractive to him, and - finally - formally engaged to be married.

    Then at a restaurant, she says that back in college one year she just didn't have enough money for the next semester, so did dancing at a high class gentleman's dinner club for a few weeks during the summer for enough to tuition and books.

    He takes open his wallet, puts $100 on the table, says "it isn't going to work out" - and leaves thinking he almost really ruined his life by marrying her, mumbling to himself: "Damn those strippers! They should require that be tatooed on their forehead!" feeling completely tricked and betrayed.

    Whereupon 2 years later he marries a Sunday school teacher - her wise enough to never mention she was giving curbside $20 BJs when she was 17.
    I think the OP is referring to meeting someone who is a current stripper, ****ing her brains out for a few months and then deciding to marry her instead of moving on to maybe find church-lady. You know, would you marry the chick you met if she works at a strip club?

  4. #604
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Probably not, but not because they are a stripper. I wouldn't be happy with my woman showing off her body to others. That is for me and for me only if we are in a serious relationship.
    You're being self-contradictory. Is it because you don't want to offend strippers? That would be my guess based on the liberal lean.

    Face it, strippers form a proper subset of those who show their body off to others. Therefore, saying you don't want a girl who does such says you don't want a stripper because she's a stripper.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  5. #605
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I think the OP is referring to meeting someone who is a current stripper, ****ing her brains out for a few months and then deciding to marry her instead of moving on to maybe find church-lady. You know, would you marry the chick you met if she works at a strip club?
    Honest answer?
    It's hard to say since I didn't, likely could have, nor did I ever planned to marry... and when I did she was 100% exactly, totally opposite of the exotic dancers at the club. A "sinless/innocent in all ways" young woman. Until then I not only didn't know such people existed, I had no clue such values even existed or that anyone thought that way. There was no such thing as morality in my upbringing.

    The exception is that I had decided if I ever got one pregnant and she had the kid, I'd marry her and try to make the best of it for the kid's sake as I wouldn't do to any kid I made what was done to me, knowing it would be the marriage made in hell not just because of her, but also me. Invision a rough and tough man furiously and violently slamming his alcoholic, druggie wife against the wall demanding she not put that xxxx into her body anymore to keep her head straight for the kid - and that's probably how it would gone.

    Instead, I married the perfect behavior woman who, after marriage, one day nervously and blushingly asked "what's it like to smoke marijuana?" As polar opposite a woman from the women at the club - strippers, prostititutes or barflies - as possible. So I guess my answer is no, I wouldn't marry a stripper because I wouldn't so much as have one as a girl friend. But it wasn't for any conscious thing against them. They were just women like any other woman to me back then -ie women were only for sex - again until I met my little angel.
    Last edited by joko104; 04-26-13 at 02:34 PM.

  6. #606
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You're being self-contradictory. Is it because you don't want to offend strippers? That would be my guess based on the liberal lean.

    Face it, strippers form a proper subset of those who show their body off to others. Therefore, saying you don't want a girl who does such says you don't want a stripper because she's a stripper.
    Yeah, saying I wouldn't marry a stripper but not because she does stripping doesn't make sense. I think he is actually being honest in what he was trying to say. He doesn't have anything against strippers personally, but he couldn't handle other men seeing his wife naked.

    Most men are rather insecure in some ways about "their woman," and of course women no different. They would, however, claim it is something other than insecurity. Another word often used is jealousy - which they also won't like.

    I have many shortcomings and in many ways am insecure about myself in relation to my wife. However, those insecurities are about shortcomings I have in terms of understanding correct social behavior and what is correct behavior towards her - and not in relation to other men. The thought of losing her is a terrifying throught to me, but not of losing her to or competition from other men. If she left me - which she makes clear nothing I could do no matter how offensive would have her leave - which is lucky for me as I am rather crude and stupid - it would be because of what I did or didn't do towards her or the children, not because another man seduced her away.

    I've never been insecure about women in relation to other men. Don't feel that way about my wife.

    Anyway, he didn't word it well but I think I understand what he is saying.
    Last edited by joko104; 04-26-13 at 02:44 PM.

  7. #607
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,706

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Honest answer?
    It's hard to say since I didn't, likely could have, nor did I ever planned to marry... and when I did she was 100% exactly, totally opposite of the exotic dancers at the club. A "sinless/innocent in all ways" young woman. Until then I not only didn't know such people existed, I had no clue such values even existed or that anyone thought that way. There was no such thing as morality in my upbringing.

    The exception is that I had decided if I ever got one pregnant and she had the kid, I'd marry her and try to make the best of it for the kid's sake as I wouldn't do to any kid I made what was done to me, knowing it would be the marriage made in hell not just because of her, but also me. Invision a rough and tough man furiously and violently slamming his alcoholic, druggie wife against the wall demanding she not put that xxxx into her body anymore to keep her head straight for the kid - and that's probably how it would gone.

    Instead, I married the perfect behavior woman who, after marriage, one day nervously and blushingly asked "what's it like to smoke marijuana?" As polar opposite a woman from the women at the club - strippers, prostititutes or barflies - as possible. So I guess my answer is no, I wouldn't marry a stripper because I wouldn't so much as have one as a girl friend. But it wasn't for any conscious thing against them. They were just women like any other woman to me back then -ie women were only for sex - again until I met my little angel.
    Yeah. I follow ya.

    Personally, I would not marry someone who was on the "wild side". It's hard enough getting through a marriage with someone trustworthy and, dare I say, "normal". I think it'd be impossible to be in a long term relationship with someone you have to keep an eye on, or someone you constantly have to second guess on whether or not she is telling you the truth.

    My impression of strippers, especially those who have been in the business for a while, is that they habitually lie, and by the nature of their profession, they are prone to take advantage of men. Being a man, I see myself as a potential mark for these chicks. Regardless the situation, I don't see that working to my advantage over the long haul.

    Between marriages, I met a stripper at a local night club. We hit it off, had a good time dancing and doing shots. Somewhere along the line, she mentioned that she was a stripper at one of the seedy joints uptown. I didn't care. In fact, I found it kind of erotic. However, in the end, she was just a good time. I never seriously considered her as a potential mate...more so for her bad habits than her profession though.

    If the stripper was an honest and trustworthy person who was simply in need of a job, I would not hold that against her. They do exist. So, for me, the key is not to judge someone too harshly based on what she does for a living. Much like not giving much credence to someone's words, I judge someone on their behavior. Mostly I observe them, look for good or bad habits.

  8. #608
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Yeah. I follow ya.

    Personally, I would not marry someone who was on the "wild side". It's hard enough getting through a marriage with someone trustworthy and, dare I say, "normal". I think it'd be impossible to be in a long term relationship with someone you have to keep an eye on, or someone you constantly have to second guess on whether or not she is telling you the truth.

    My impression of strippers, especially those who have been in the business for a while, is that they habitually lie, and by the nature of their profession, they are prone to take advantage of men. Being a man, I see myself as a potential mark for these chicks. Regardless the situation, I don't see that working to my advantage over the long haul.

    Between marriages, I met a stripper at a local night club. We hit it off, had a good time dancing and doing shots. Somewhere along the line, she mentioned that she was a stripper at one of the seedy joints uptown. I didn't care. In fact, I found it kind of erotic. However, in the end, she was just a good time. I never seriously considered her as a potential mate...more so for her bad habits than her profession though.

    If the stripper was an honest and trustworthy person who was simply in need of a job, I would not hold that against her. They do exist. So, for me, the key is not to judge someone too harshly based on what she does for a living. Much like not giving much credence to someone's words, I judge someone on their behavior. Mostly I observe them, look for good or bad habits.
    I think you defined the distinction well.

    I'm surprised the question of "would you marry someone who went to strip clubs?" hasn't come up yet.
    Hmm, I just thought of a thread topic...

  9. #609
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Baytown, Texas
    Last Seen
    05-14-13 @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    15

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    You're being self-contradictory. Is it because you don't want to offend strippers? That would be my guess based on the liberal lean.

    Face it, strippers form a proper subset of those who show their body off to others. Therefore, saying you don't want a girl who does such says you don't want a stripper because she's a stripper.
    Well then let me rephrase that. Yes, because she is a stripper but I meant to note that there are plenty of other girls who show off their body (who aren't strippers) who I find just as repulsive. It's one thing to go out in public and try to look attractive, it's another to go out with one boob hanging out.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •