View Poll Results: Would you marry a stripper?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if I believed she truly loved me for me and not because I was saving her.

    40 48.78%
  • No, nothing but trouble there.

    42 51.22%
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 609

Thread: Would you marry a stripper?

  1. #421
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It doesn't matter what the teacher suggests with words. If she or he is engaging in such behavior, then they should forfeit working with children, as children can be impressionable. There's nothing unfair about it IMO. Actions have consequences.
    More nonsense. For one thing, you said that even if the stripping were in the past, then they shouldn't be teaching. For another, how would a child know that their teacher is a stripper?

    The only way is if an adult told them.

    Of course, I don't condone or not condone their behaviors. That's their lives, but when it has to do with my child, then yes I have every right to know if someone was a former or current sex industry worker.
    And no, you have no right to know the private life of a teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #422
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    A teacher's past certainly should be known, given attendance in school is compulsory. However, I don't think having been an exotic dancer should disqualify a person.

    I suspect if the divorce rate of FIRST marriages were checked in terms of professions, I would expect police officers, doctors and lawyers to be way up there at the top of that list.

    Many men are EXTREMELY insecure about themselves in relation to women. Fearing losing to competition, they establish all manner of condemnatory rules and platitudes - that tend to be extremely negative towards women - and in ways they do not hold themselves accountable to themselves.

    Hollywood has always fostered that notice and in many ways it is an historic view about the distinction between men and their past sexual activities and women.

    Nearly all women market herself socially in terms of sexuality. That is what makeup and nearly all women's clothing is about, not just swimwear.

  3. #423
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,552

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    See my quote above? I answered it.
    You answered that you don't know. Which is another way of saying you're afraid of contradicting yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why do you say it's the parents who ruined her life? It's not. There is such a thing called personal responsibility. There are consequences for every action. Quit acting like it's the end of the world because someone can't work with children. No, everybody should NOT work with children.

    Personal responsibility does not mean that you can dictate what the consequences of the actions of others are. Personal responsibility would only apply when society has made rules that no stripper can ever be a teacher (it hasn't), and these rules are well known. An angry group of parents with pitch forks and an insanely intolerant woman on the internet do not qualify.

    That would be like saying "Yeah, I threw rocks at those faggots. It's called personal responsibility, and that rock was the consequence that I decided for them."


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This is completely different than making judgments about someone's religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    No, it's not. You're using your religious judgements to harass someone else. You're trying to make their degree worthless, and their life's work for naught. How would you like it if someone else decided you'd never be able to do your passion anymore? All based on intolerance, and not any actual effect on children?

    You've still refused to explain any way this could even remotely effect children. All it's done so far is effect YOUR perceptions of the teacher.





    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    My, such an emotional reaction. Did you even go back and edit so that you could internet yell at me some more? At least you think my morals are cute. That's saying something.
    Considering you replied hours after the 25 minute edit limit expired, that doesn't make any sense at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well then, I guess you must be against sex education then? That would be teaching morality.

    Also, teachers are not role models? Not authority figures that maybe SOME children might look up to and maybe want to emulate?
    Sex education doesn't teach you morality. It teaches you how sex works, what STDs are, and how to practice safe sex. With few exceptions, no teacher in sex ed class is standing there telling kids they can't have sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post

    So basically, strippers are NOT good enough for you or other guys because of their questionable moral standards, however you feel they are good enough for students who are trying to learn. Hmmm.
    Are the kids marrying, dating, or ****ing the teachers? Or are they learning how to read and write? I find it astounding that you don't know the difference. How many former strippers turned teachers have given kids lap dances or molested children? I'd like numbers and sources.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It doesn't matter what the teacher suggests with words. If she or he is engaging in such behavior, then they should forfeit working with children, as children can be impressionable. There's nothing unfair about it IMO. Actions have consequences.

    Of course, I don't condone or not condone their behaviors. That's their lives, but when it has to do with my child, then yes I have every right to know if someone was a former or current sex industry worker.
    To be completely honest, if you're this worried about one of your kids teachers being a former stripper, and the crazy influences this might have on your kid, you're a piss poor parent. You haven't prepared your kid for the real world at all.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 04-21-13 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #424
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,039

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Right - all priests are trustworthy and all lawyers are evil . . . sound stereotypical to me.
    I am always leery of applying absolutes. But stereotypes are generally stereotypes for a reason - and that is that the behavior demonstrated is perhaps greater than the mean. Priests are probably more likely to be trustworthy than lawyers, simply because of the incentives of their profession.

    Perhaps people shouldn't break someone down to the nuts and bolts of their career when discussing important things such as having a serious relationship with said individual - you're involving yourself with a person, not their job.
    Our jobs are a huge part of what we are - and where we spend our time and who we are with impact us greatly.

  5. #425
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,039

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It doesn't matter what the teacher suggests with words. If she or he is engaging in such behavior, then they should forfeit working with children, as children can be impressionable. There's nothing unfair about it IMO. Actions have consequences.

    Of course, I don't condone or not condone their behaviors. That's their lives, but when it has to do with my child, then yes I have every right to know if someone was a former or current sex industry worker.
    That is correct - and issues like this are a good part of why I support School Choice. If Sangha High wants to have Daisy Dawn from the Catz Meow teach your 14 year old boy math.... you should be free to take him elsewhere.

  6. #426
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,039

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    To be completely honest, if you're this worried about one of your kids teachers being a former stripper, and the crazy influences this might have on your kid, you're a piss poor parent. You haven't prepared your kid for the real world at all.
    What an interesting observation. How many children have you raised?

  7. #427
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I am always leery of applying absolutes. But stereotypes are generally stereotypes for a reason - and that is that the behavior demonstrated is perhaps greater than the mean. Priests are probably more likely to be trustworthy than lawyers, simply because of the incentives of their profession.



    Our jobs are a huge part of what we are - and where we spend our time and who we are with impact us greatly.
    No, all it shows is what someone assumes about another based on their job-description. IN order to know the REAL reasons for one having gone down a certain career path you MUST get to know them personally.

    Drawing assumptions leads you nowhere.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #428
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,631

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    More nonsense. For one thing, you said that even if the stripping were in the past, then they shouldn't be teaching. For another, how would a child know that their teacher is a stripper?

    The only way is if an adult told them.



    And no, you have no right to know the private life of a teacher.

    Who on earth told you that?

    Goodness, the first thing I was taught was to tighten up my public profile and that teachers often times go to neighboring towns to get a drink.

    Educators are consistently held to higher moral standards and their employment status in part rests on that.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #429
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,631

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If it's ok for parents to go to strip clubs - then it's ok for teacher's to perform in one I wouldn't care . . . we've had some pretty ****ed up teachers doing ****ed up things to kids during school - and it's funny, none of them worked in a strip club.
    And if my former colleagues took that advise, they would be fired.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #430
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,039

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    No, all it shows is what someone assumes about another based on their job-description.
    Which are often statistically reasonable. Again, stereotypes are often stereotypes for a reason. Everyone cried racism when we started focusing in on why single young black males in inner city New York couldnt' get cab rides.... until people noticed that black cabbies wouldn't pick them up, either. Was it unfair to individuals? likely. But the decision to take action which would reduce ones' chances of getting robbed and/or killed was still a reasonable risk mitigation.

    IN order to know the REAL reasons for one having gone down a certain career path you MUST get to know them personally.
    They've made one decision at least (the title of the OP) which has fairly heavy indicators. Sure, they could be the one-in-a-hundred-thousand sweet natured virginal strippers who maintain an innocent heart while working in an arena dedicated to drunkenness and lust. But the odds are against it.

    Drawing assumptions leads you nowhere.
    Actually drawing assumptions is how the vast majority of us make the vast majority of our decisions. When I hopped in my car this morning, for example, I did not check for wiring underneath to see if someone had put a bomb there. I played the game of likelihood and went with the most likely scenario ("no"). When I am in the Philippines or Thailand, I don't wander drunk and alone into shantytowns or down dark alleyways for the simple reason that I do not want to get robbed - and can safely assume that I am at much greater odds for being robbed if I do so. I hop on planes assuming that they will actually go where my ticket says they will, an in times of trouble I trust people in a cops' uniform assuming that they are real cops, and not criminals dressing as cops. I assume that my wife is roughly who she projects herself as instead of a devilishly clever sociopath, which is why I trust her with my children.

    You wouldn't be able to make very many decisions at all if you didn't make assumptions.

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •