View Poll Results: Would you marry a stripper?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if I believed she truly loved me for me and not because I was saving her.

    40 48.78%
  • No, nothing but trouble there.

    42 51.22%
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 609

Thread: Would you marry a stripper?

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    When that person is teaching my child and has a "relationship" (as so many teachers seem to claim) with my child, then it most certainly IS MY BUSINESS. Anyone who is around my child on a daily basis is my business.
    What legal professions someone had before they became a teacher is none of your business.

    Anyway, I don't debate with closed minded people that put words in my mouth.

    Adios.


    Have a more tolerant day.

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I did not say why the majority of guys go to exotic dance clubs - obviously to get drunk and look at naked women.

    I said (in essence) the majority of guys that get multiple, private dances (say more then 3) with dancers do not understand that most of the dancers are trying to get them to fall for them so that they will keep coming back for more. Most guys tend to think that when a woman is being nice to them that they probably like them. Dancers use this to try and extract more cash. Also, the more they can get a guy to have a 'crush' on them - the less dancing they have to do and the more money they get just for sitting around talking to these guys.
    These dancers realize that you cannot keep a guy hooked by being good looking as there will always be someone better looking to take the 'regular' away from you. But if you get them hooked emotionally - they will never stray as long as they think they have a chance with you.
    It's common sense.

    I spend MANY nights in those places back then and got to know a lot of dancers and patrons personally.

    I am not going to debate this with you - this was the case about 10-15 years ago.

    Though what it is like now - I do not know.
    I'm not one to expect strippers to "fall in love" with me. I'm well aware that it's all an act. However, I would point out that, in my experience, finding just one girl and spending most of the night with her is simply a better strip club strategy from a guy's perspective.

    Let's face it, when you finally manage to land a dance with the one hot dancer at the club who knows just how to push your buttons, you're going to wind up spending a non-negligible amount of money on her either way. If alcohol's involved, it's just going to get worse.

    Do you really want to have spent 50-100 dollars on women that were just "meh" before hand?

    If I play it cool and just wait for the dancer I really want, I can get out of the club at the end of night with some fun memories and, at most, 150-200 dollars spent out of pocket (if it's a more expensive venue). If I settle for less early on, it's more like 300 dollars plus.

    I suppose you could skip the dances entirely, but what'd be the fun in that?
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 04-21-13 at 12:11 PM.

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    A stripper is just a hooker with higher standards.
    Hookers don't charge anywhere near that much.

  4. #404
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Give it a rest, will ya? I've already explained my position to you. Your turn to explain why you think it is okay for us parents to be lackadaisical when it comes to our educators.
    Give what a rest? Calling you out? You're avoiding answering a question that I've asked several times now, because it contradicts your earlier values in the pornography case. By your very own words, a woman who ever monetarizes her sexuality, should be banned for life from teaching.

    How does parents not having the ability to have teacher's lives ruined make them lacksadaisacal? Parents should focus on raising their kids with their own moral values, not trying to have teachers fired because they disagree with that teacher's past.

    What is it about having stripped say, 20 years ago, that makes someone a danger to be around children?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    When that person is teaching my child and has a "relationship" (as so many teachers seem to claim) with my child, then it most certainly IS MY BUSINESS. Anyone who is around my child on a daily basis is my business.
    Not when your kid is in a public school. By your logic, you should be able to have someone fired because you don't like that they're muslim, or used to be muslim. Sorry, you don't have a right to try to ruin someone else's life because you disagree with their decisions.

    Why don't you run along and go run some background checks on your local teachers. There isn't an ounce of respect for personal freedom in your body. We don't live in a theocracy.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What legal professions someone had before they became a teacher is none of your business.

    Anyway, I don't debate with closed minded people that put words in my mouth.

    Adios.


    Have a more tolerant day.
    This is just her MO. She has a cute little set of morals that she thinks should be forced on whomever she thinks, and that anyone who violates her morals should be fired and have their careers ruined. She wants raging groups of parents to be able to have teachers fired because of their non-violent past.

    I guess once a stripper always a stripper. We need to think of the children, otherwise our kids will be getting lapdances from their teachers.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 04-21-13 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    We're talking not just about current strippers, but people who were strippers decades ago. Maybe she was a poor 18 year old who got abandoned by her family and needed to make cash to eat. Then she decided to clean her act up and become a teacher. The same exact scenario I posed to you for a pornstar, you vehemently declared that she should be banned forever from teaching. This should be an easy decision for you.

    You've shown you believe that whatever YOUR moral standard is should be law, and that any raging group of parents should be able to ruin a teacher's life.
    'Miss Baker. Thank you for coming before the PTA. Now it has come to our attention that 20 years ago you once drove past an exotic dance club and said "I wonder how much they make". I am sorry, but we do not tolerate teachers with such jaded pasts corrupting our children. So even though your students consistently mark you in the top tier of our satisfaction survey...I am afraid we are going to recommend that you be fired.'

  6. #406
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I disagree, not if they're not doing anything on the side, then it's just a job to them. To YOU it might be sex, but to them it's just another job.

    For you guys who complain that the mean strippers are using and abusing you, just don't go to strip clubs. If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
    Where are you getting that I'm complaining about "mean strippers?". I don't even go to strip clubs, they do nothing for me. But anyway, a hookers job is just a job too, she's just willing to do more for less, hence the lower standards part.

  7. #407
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    certainly in some cases it's a pretty powerful indicator.
    Right - all priests are trustworthy and all lawyers are evil . . . sound stereotypical to me.

    Perhaps people shouldn't break someone down to the nuts and bolts of their career when discussing important things such as having a serious relationship with said individual - you're involving yourself with a person, not their job.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  8. #408
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't know. It depends on a case by case basis, I guess. What is wrong with expecting a higher standard when it comes to people who are working so closely with our children anyway?

    It's simple. If you want to dedicate yourself to being a good teacher and a good influence on the children, you should stay out of the sex industry. It's NOT a lot to ask of someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Give what a rest? Calling you out? You're avoiding answering a question that I've asked several times now, because it contradicts your earlier values in the pornography case. By your very own words, a woman who ever monetarizes her sexuality, should be banned for life from teaching.
    See my quote above? I answered it.

    How does parents not having the ability to have teacher's lives ruined make them lacksadaisacal? Parents should focus on raising their kids with their own moral values, not trying to have teachers fired because they disagree with that teacher's past.
    Why do you say it's the parents who ruined her life? It's not. There is such a thing called personal responsibility. There are consequences for every action. Quit acting like it's the end of the world because someone can't work with children. No, everybody should NOT work with children.

    What is it about having stripped say, 20 years ago, that makes someone a danger to be around children?



    Not when your kid is in a public school. By your logic, you should be able to have someone fired because you don't like that they're muslim, or used to be muslim. Sorry, you don't have a right to try to ruin someone else's life because you disagree with their decisions.

    Why don't you run along and go run some background checks on your local teachers. There isn't an ounce of respect for personal freedom in your body. We don't live in a theocracy.
    This is completely different than making judgments about someone's religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.



    This is just her MO. She has a cute little set of morals that she thinks should be forced on whomever she thinks, and that anyone who violates her morals should be fired and have their careers ruined. She wants raging groups of parents to be able to have teachers fired because of their non-violent past.

    I guess once a stripper always a stripper. We need to think of the children, otherwise our kids will be getting lapdances from their teachers.
    My, such an emotional reaction. Did you even go back and edit so that you could internet yell at me some more? At least you think my morals are cute. That's saying something.

  9. #409
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    It's very typical of this one to over-react and get emotional, and then accuse every one else of getting emotional

    Any minute, she'll be accusing others of being childless
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Would you marry a stripper?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What legal professions someone had before they became a teacher is none of your business.

    Anyway, I don't debate with closed minded people that put words in my mouth.

    Adios.


    Have a more tolerant day.
    Now this I find interesting. Here you say the above, but as I quoted below:

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I did not say love and affection. I said talking/listening.

    RapidAlpaca hit it right on the nose - strippers are actresses first, dancers second.

    And there is a reason they are like that.

    If most guys knew the score, it would be the other way around.
    So basically, strippers are NOT good enough for you or other guys because of their questionable moral standards, however you feel they are good enough for students who are trying to learn. Hmmm.

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •